UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see us getting a throne, but would say there are better than even chances of getting alternate colored figures (either red, or white, or whatever Phoenix) because everything else stays the same, making it an extremely cheap option for DST to release extra figures.

Didn't DST imply they'll be able to do more than just the main roster, i.e. characters added via DLC, maybe alternative costumes (such as Ca's Super Soldier and Ryu's SF1 look, fingers crossed?) and maybe the alt colours?

Having said that, I think I remember them getting a bit confused when someone asked them about the alt colours...

That's what I thought I read as well (too bad it won't cover the earlier games though :().
During the c2e2 interview, it was stated that they will cover the entire franchise.

This could be Marrow's only chance to get a minimate!

Would be great to see Blackheart, silver Samurai, Spiral & Onslaught too!

That's what I thought I read as well (too bad it won't cover the earlier games though :().
During the c2e2 interview, it was stated that they will cover the entire franchise.

This could be Marrow's only chance to get a minimate!

Would be great to see Blackheart, silver Samurai, Spiral & Onslaught too!

OOOOOOO I would kill for a Silver Samurai. As far as Spiral goes, it better come in a Mojo pack or I don't want it :D.

They did say anyone appearing in the game was fairplay, which suggests alternate appearances and cameos, such as the characters showing up in the endings.

That being said, I imagine they play this one conservatively. Street Fighter II died partly due to variant fatigue, with no fewer than 3 Ryus available during the first run of the series.

I guess since they're offering God Cases now, Diamond doesn't feel the need to pack things evenly anymore. Which is fine, I guess.

But wow, those case packouts make me afraid that retailers are going to get stuck with a bunch of Iron Mans and Deadpools hanging on their pegs.

Someone explain god case to me. Please and thankyou.

God cases (formally called custom cases) mean that every 2-pack in each case is packed evenly. For example, in a standard Marvel case you would only have one variant pack, and thus it would only be possible to get one full set out of the case. In a custom Marvel case, there is 3 of each pack, including the variant, so you are able to get 3 full sets out of each case. Most retailers are only able to order the standard cases, as the custom cases require not only a very high minimum order quantity, but also other ordering requirements as well.

Possible. As I may well be stealing all the Arthurs out of those packages and leaving IM by his lonesome.

Kara you can have my Arthur if you like. I have everything pre-ordered and I do NOT want any of the Capcom pieces. So if anyone wants to trade let me know.

Edited by ImABarRoomHero

I ran across this on the net and wondered if any of these other ones are going to happen? Kinney Pride Blog Link

Yeah - designs and protypes for a great deal more than this first official wave have been shown at previous toy fairs/comic cons.

Here are some of the Prototypes.

So far, only the Wave 1 Specialty Store wave has been announced.

If the first wave does well, i'm sure AA/DST will release all the characters that they have previewed so far, and hopefully one or two more. (MODOK - i'm looking at you!)

I keep wondering: how would they do a minimate MODOK? A big sculpted head with regular-size arms and legs hanging off? I can't imagine how it would have any resemblance to the core mm body.

I think it would be something similar to what you've described, taking the path that some of the RGB stuff has: Very over-sculpted headpieces and bodies with just the arms or legs to carry the minimate 'spirit'.