UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only assume they hit a bump in negotiations and are trying to close the deal through fan support, which really seems to be there for this line. Maybe that's why the official images and announcements were taken down.

Either way, my vote from the official lineup:

Zero

And I still hope Dan gets in the game somehow. Bieber says "never say never".

You act as if control art was released or something. But as we all know, that never happened.

You got me. I have been shamed :confused:

I can only assume they hit a bump in negotiations and are trying to close the deal through fan support, which really seems to be there for this line. Maybe that's why the official images and announcements were taken down.

This would be my assumption as well.

Maybe someone here remembers better than I do, but I can't seem to recall a time when DST publically showed prototypes (with tags that announced release dates) and allowed photos to be taken at shows before they had the go ahead to produce & sell that license.

I guess I just figured it was all set in stone that we were definitely getting what we were shown shrugshoulders.gif

Edited by Donny B

QUOTE (Donny B @ Feb 22 2011, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
did I miss something? I thought they do have that license?

You act as if control art was released or something. But as we all know, that never happened.

Or prototypes secretly photographed by Superherohype.com and STILL posted at their website.

If DST need my support then I can't let them down......

if DST need my support they can have it if they agree to start shipping minimates back to the UK in Disney stores, Toys'r'us & comic shops!

Ah who am I kidding I love DST and support them, it's like a good marriage give & take they give me minimates & take my money

If the deal isn't actually sealed, this would seem to be a rather embarrassing slip-up on DST's part. I was under the impression Toy Fair was for companies to court potential product buyers, not potential licensors... showing prototypes if they didn't yet have license to is not exactly confidence-inspiring to the big-box retailers they're trying to nail down.

Perhaps they're being coy with the "if" statement, and this is really sort of a fan poll to see who they should lead off the line with. I would have been honestly surprised if we saw all of the characters from the control art, or even those actually mocked up, in the first wave.

What a farce.....what an incredibly unfunny f*cking farce. A whole week of hysterically huge hype which culminated in ,for me,huge disappointment (although I began to embrace it) now ends in all probability that it shouldn't have been announced at all...or, if it was OK to be announced,nobody should've seen the pictures of the characters.... that were announced ..... who apparently everybody knows anyway .... but mustn't look at because nobody should see them just in case we know who they are?

For what it's worth I,like many thousands of other people have saved all those pictures .....that we can't see for fear of knowing....on my back-up. :rolleyes:

:verymad:

I don't do the Facebook thing but my votes are for:

1. Amaterasu (all versions) and X-23 (All Versions). Amaterasu for a couple of Wolfsbanes and X 23's foot claws.

2. Captain America (Punisher) and Nathan (Orange uniform)

3. Magneto (Black Cape and Helmet) and Zero (Black and Orange)

Who am I kidding? I want them all unless they're TRU exclusive, in which case I'm limited to getting them online, then I have to pick and choose which ones I want most.

QUOTE (Donny B @ Feb 22 2011, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From DST's facebook:

Hey folks, we're back from TF and we want to ask, IF we had the Marvel VS Capcom 3 license, which character would you most like to see as a Minimate?

did I miss something? I thought they do have that license?

DST was trying their hand at the "act like this is real" scenario, like the DC minimates thread that BHM started. Man did they take it far. Fooled all of us.

BS

Of the bunch I was most interested in Arthur, Dormammu, Amaterasu, and Taskmaster.

Given my habits, out of those I probably wouldn't customize Arthur (might have to buy 2)

Oh, and Ryu, I would have bought Ryu. Just cause the sculpted gi made it look like he'd like some

Edited by Shamrock

Shuma gorath would rock! It's hard to imagine him as a minimate though...

i would have said that to, if we hadnt seen 6-armed spider done. my guess is it will be like this...

-slipover body peice that covers neck with an eye in the center of the minimate torso

-6 arm harness

-arms for legs

-new sculpted tentacle hands (to go on the arms)

- a new crotch peice with some sort of way to go on a flightstand

Shuma gorath would rock! It's hard to imagine him as a minimate though...

The way i saw him was a big square piece with a eye on each side and six modified Scorpion tails as the arms. At least that's the way I saw him when I was thinking about doing a custom.

More likely just a completely sculpted figure with no articulation. Seems like it would be too expensive in terms of new development expenses to go all out when you're probably only gonna use those parts again for a repaint.

I will buying a super-skrull. I hope they make shuma-gorath. I so want him.

That would be awesome, and i would love to Shuma-Gorath too - but i don't really see it happening :(

His body-shape is a bit too far removed from the minimate form to work.

Although - i guess we're seeing some pretty weird stuff being made from the RGB line. . . . so - never say never ;)

If they do characters that only appear in the ending sequences, we could get an updated

Ghost Rider

. Heck,

Ken's name is shown on a scoreboard for Ryu's ending

I'm sure there are others that are mentioned or shown in ending sequences that I haven't seen yet.