UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

I was kinda 'meh' until I saw the concept art. Now I'm psyched!

Same here, though I'm still dissapointed I won't be able to get Strider or Captain Commando :(. With the exception of Hagger and Hsien-Ko being left out, I'm loving all the Capcom mates announced so far and the Marvel ones look great, especally updated Super Skrull and Taskmaster. My only question - where is the Sparda sword for Trish? I loved that sword in DMC1.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be picking up the game on Tuesday in anticipation of seeing WHAT mates potentially could be made

moc847

Somebody linked to a full list of the MvC3 lineup earlier in the other thread, so let me repost it here:

http://marvelvscapcom3.com/us/characters/

Redos aside, I'd say the only real glaring omissions are M.O.D.O.K. and Shuma-Gorath from Marvel, and from Capcom Haggar, Spencer, Hsien-Ko, Tron Bonne and all the Resident Evil guys. And that's not even counting the possibility of P2 alt modes...

Did anyone else here know that Tron Bonne usually came with a mecha?

Did anyone else here know that Tron Bonne usually came with a mecha?

Does Tron Bonne ever not come with a Mecha? That's like her thing...

Also in a perfect world Tron Bonne would be just be a box set of her, a modified 2.5 in Mate as her mecha (with the head peg replaced with a 2inch waist peg so she can sit in it) and a several of the 'Father's Day kid' mates as Kobuns (Serv-bots? I forgot the American name for them)

Also in a perfect world Tron Bonne would be just be a box set of her, a modified 2.5 in Mate as her mecha (with the head peg replaced with a 2inch waist peg so she can sit in it) and a several of the 'Father's Day kid' mates as Kobuns (Serv-bots? I forgot the American name for them)

Yep, Servbots are right. They made for surprisingly fun playable characters in the game! Though as much as I'd like to see DST actually release Servbot mates, I would be perfectly content even if maybe they'd be relegated to non-articulated accessory status like Lockheed was.

Anyone care to guess how how the mates will be distributed? 2-packs or 4-packs? If 2 packs how many will be in wave 1? If they are packed Marvel character with a Capcom character who will fill the void of the 3 missing Marvel mates? If you count up the designs shown at the AA blog, there are 10 Capcom designs and only 7 Marvel.

Anyone care to guess how how the mates will be distributed? 2-packs or 4-packs? If 2 packs how many will be in wave 1? If they are packed Marvel character with a Capcom character who will fill the void of the 3 missing Marvel mates? If you count up the designs shown at the AA blog, there are 10 Capcom designs and only 7 Marvel.

I don't think they released all the control art they have made. . .

2 packs with one Marvel and one Capcom seem most obvious. I think 4 packs may be distributed to different places with alternate colors (seems like a Previews-type thing or AFX exclusive). Maybe they'll stick one new character in the 4 packs so it will force people to buy them.

Like I posted earlier, I think TRU is going to be the core of the release strategy here, so it will all start there.

Edited by karamazov80

I don't think they released all the control art they have made. . .

2 packs with one Marvel and one Capcom seem most obvious. I think 4 packs may be distributed to different places with alternate colors (seems like a Previews-type thing or AFX exclusive). Maybe they'll stick one new character in the 4 packs so it will force people to buy them.

I FB messaged AFX asking them if they had any minimate exclusive updates (as it has been a while). They said they have a FEW boxed sets up their sleeves, but that it was TO EARLY to announce any.

I'm guessing 2-packs with one Marvel and one Capcom. If they're not mixed like that, I don't see the point in doing MvC as opposed to just a Capcom line. And I think MvC is a smart move on DST's part- mixing a proven winner with a questionable line (see SF2).

These Marvel designs look good. I especially dig Jean and the Super Skrull. And that might end up being a pretty definitve Magneto. This whole thing is starting to grow on me.

I'm guessing 2-packs with one Marvel and one Capcom. If they're not mixed like that, I don't see the point in doing MvC as opposed to just a Capcom line. And I think MvC is a smart move on DST's part- mixing a proven winner with a questionable line (see SF2).

These Marvel designs look good. I especially dig Jean and the Super Skrull. And that might end up being a pretty definitve Magneto. This whole thing is starting to grow on me.

You should get a doctor to look at that before it gets worse. :P

I am sure I am the only one, but I wish they would add a sense of continuity by reusing some of the old parts from SFII. Ruy's gloves are the same, so that makes me happy.

Actually they're new parts, you can see it on the control art.

QUOTE (Donny B @ Feb 12 2011, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As far as I can tell, Magneto looks to be made up of the exact same parts as the very recent TRU Magneto.

My personal opinion of the TRU release was that it was an amazing mate with the exception of the ridiculous amount of shine. That, for me, ruined the figure completely.

I could argue that if we're going to get rehashes of previously released characters, we could at least get new sculpts. However, we are getting a lot of new pieces with several other characters - and from a business standpoint, the more parts reuses they can work in, the better.

That being said, if this new Magneto is non-metallic, then that would be a massive plus, imo.

Again to break bad-but-seemingly-there news, the art says they're using metallic red and purple.

Again to break bad-but-seemingly-there news, the art says they're using metallic red and purple.

Crikey :(

Good call. I completely missed that...

So, am I just daft? I never thought of Magneto's costume as being made of metal.

I understand the shininess on characters like Iron Man, but it seems out of place on Magneto (imo)

QUOTE (Donny B @ Feb 13 2011, 02:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Crikey :(

Good call. I completely missed that...

So, am I just daft? I never thought of Magneto's costume as being made of metal.

I understand the shininess on characters like Iron Man, but it seems out of place on Magneto (imo)

I figured things like the helmet, cape-holder-shoulder-thingy, belt, and boot tops were, but i figured everything else was cloth; in retrospect, that'd make for a very ugly toy. You aren't alone. I haven't found Wave 9, so this will be a fair back-up.

New "Page 2" on the page, with a poster of the designs (a la Terminator). Neatly put together, and they look on the same page.

What's the attraction ?

:lol: I guess it's pretty obvious I live in my own little world but my comment about Magneto & his 'attraction' deserved as much notice as it got . Magneto's clothes apparently have metal plates woven into them or metallic based ....this is how he flies/hovers above the ground. :D

I always thought it was a 'normal' fabric type costume, albeit a metal helmet... with the flying due to the polarity of the Earth or some such nonsense