UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't know that the rights to Mega Man were owned by somebody else. Not quite as nuts about this now, knowing that we're getting a Robin but not Batman so to speak.

I have assumed the Mega Man rights are owned by Capcom, since that's the company that created him and all his games that I'm familiar with. Is this not the case?

Edited by karamazov80

im loving that dormammu's skirt lifts up

That's a nice quote to take out of context.

I have to wonder how disappointed people would be if DST hadn't announced that they were revealing a new license. Had no one known and these just showed up I think it might have been better. And hey, at least the didn't reveal a Justin Bieber Minimates line.

Edited by groundhog7s

I didn't know that the rights to Mega Man were owned by somebody else. Not quite as nuts about this now, knowing that we're getting a Robin but not Batman so to speak.

I have assumed the Mega Man rights are owned by Capcom, since that's the company that created him and all his games that I'm familiar with. Is this not the case?

Somebody a few posts/pages back said that was the case. Which, if true, SUCKS.

Edited by Mystery Man

I was just looking at the design sheets again and on the Jean/Phoenix minimate, I realized it's not a new hair piece or a reused new Medusa hairpiece we haven't seen. Isn't this hair the Jim Lee Jean Grey hair from wave 34 so if anything it's a reuse of that?

your right! and the funny thing ive been using that hair peice for my medusa quick custom :P

Nice!!

I was just looking at the design sheets again and on the Jean/Phoenix minimate, I realized it's not a new hair piece or a reused new Medusa hairpiece we haven't seen. Isn't this hair the Jim Lee Jean Grey hair from wave 34 so if anything it's a reuse of that?

your right! and the funny thing ive been using that hair peice for my medusa quick custom :P

We are getting Zero and he has a ton of new parts!! I wish each minimate had at least one new part.

The only reason I would be excited for this would be if we get Mega Man and Zero. Other than that I would probably buy the sets but wouldn't be excited about it.

I was kinda 'meh' until I saw the concept art. Now I'm psyched!

Hand me an ore, cuz I'm hopping in that boat with you!

I was totally "meh" because I was sure it'd be a "BEST OF!" the last 4 waves/boxsets of Iron Man/Hulk/Spidey/Wolverine/the same damn Thor with 'exciting' new characters like crappy new tempoed Ryu, Chun-Li, and Morigan...

but out of "wave 1" (or "art shown") I want 12 of the 16 (Jean and Magento are too similar to the originals, I don't care for Joe or Felicia)

Ryu and Chun-Li have been knocked out of the park and fix just about every flaw I could think of with the originals. With SOTA dead, NECA having dropped the ball big time, and Jazzwares having the chance to fail big time (when they get it right: Sonic, MK:Shoalin Monks they do great work. When they phone it in: everything else, it's just awful... how can you do so bad an A-Team van in scale with the Marvel Universe warms the pegs?!?!) there is no heir apparent to the Street Fighter toy throne, and with the chance these could be in TRU it's really DST's game to fail.

I hope this line isn't consider a "one off" and like Ghostbusters if it succeeds they'll expand at least into MvC2 if not Capcom as a whole, because really it'd be a goddamn shame we can only get 4 Street Fighters (5 if you count Haggar) and no Megaman, cuz dammit, I want Street Fighters and Megaman and don't want to buy the Jazzware lines!

Well, the only mention of "Marvel Vs. Capcom 3" is the poster. Everywhere else I have seen so far has been titled "Marvel Vs. Capcom" (blog post, gallery post, design sheet series name). So that has me thinking... You wouldn't license one game, you'd license the series, right? But start off with the characters in the latest game? I'm still in wishful thinking mode for Dan and Mega Man. I'm not giving up hope!!!

I can only hope that these will be available through Comic Shops.....that way I will be able to just order them and be done with it. If they are going through TRU, I am going to have a HUGE problem finding them and that will just make me very unhappy.

I'm about 90% sure these are gonna be TRU releases. They may also be comic shop releases, but this screams of targeting a mass audience. Maybe even beyond TRU?. . .Gamestop-type places would seem a no-brainer.

Flat out stoked for these. I doubt we will see protos at NYTF since the date on the design sheet is a little over 2 weeks ago. I am only disappointed that the full sales potential may not be realized, as these will most likely not make it to mass market for another 6 months.

Flat out stoked for these. I doubt we will see protos at NYTF since the date on the design sheet is a little over 2 weeks ago. I am only disappointed that the full sales potential may not be realized, as these will most likely not make it to mass market for another 6 months.

I was too busy ogling other stuff to see that. The Thor minimates were dated August this past year and we'll get them in about 2 months? So that's about 8 months from concept art to customer hands. Uncanny X-Force was dated May 2010 and they are coming out next week. That's about 9 months. So we'll probably get these Sept/Oct at earliest. Bummer. :(

I don't know about that. I figure they could have these nearly ready to go, and only held back because Capcom didn't want to let folks know who the characters in the game were going to be (these were announced piece-meal over the last few months). I hope so, for the sake of all involved. My assumption thus far has been that these would be coming sooner rather than later, but if they are several months away, that would definitely hurt their sales potential. I think they would still sell, just not as well.

Edited by karamazov80

another option could be this is the 2nd or even 3rd set of concept art and protoypes for the other characters have already been finished? i doubt this but im optimistic we will atleast see something solid for this at toyfair

I'm totally buying every single one of these.

Although I'm extremely dissapointed in the Spider-Man. Selective web deco? Really? We're still doing that?

The webline somehow managed to be the biggest mistake about him. He does tons of weird web shit in-game. We couldn't have gotten a webshield? Even a web-ball, somehow?

But with the exception of him, this has turned out pretty great. The rehashes aren't unbearable, and it's actually pretty nice to get the updated Street Fighter guys. They've chosen this line up moderately well, as long as there's more coming.