UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

Whoever's hair it is, I like it much better on Jean than the one from Secret Invasion since the hair from Secret Invasion makes it look like she has "shorter" hair. And technically it was a skrull. Here's hoping for White and Dark Phoenix variants!

Also just saw Dante!!

In case no one clicked on "The Gallery" link at the bottom, the character designs for the Minimates thus-far:

http://www.artasylum.com/gallery/marvel-capcom-minimates/

Looking BEAUTIFUL. JEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub: Arthur looks funny, Dormammu looks like a badass, and that frakking SPider-man!!! It ISN'T the factory that's making that web lines error. They are DESIGNED without the webs going all the way around the wrists/ankles. <_<

Waiting for Wesker, Chris, and Jill. Ryu looks much better, though. and, Viewtiful Joe. ;)

EDIT: Damn. Fwooshey ninja'd me. :P

Not to double-post, but i didn't want this lost.

On Jean's additional information, it says she reuses DST's Femme Fatales Medusa Hairpiece. Wait....what?? :blink:

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the recent "Why did Street Fighter Fail" thread........

My jolly-sarcastic-public-front always dismisses them as anything on the scale from rubbish to crap .

Privately I have come to actually like them....a lot.

I perhaps feel that they arrived too early in Minimate history & weren't that compatible with contemporary Minimates of that era, their style being a tad off-kilter with everything else that was going on at the time .

I am disappointed that this was the 'huge' reveal although I'm not entirely disappointed with the license & from what I've seen of the promo art it looks very promising. The promo art looks very promising & I'm grateful that these guys don't have vehicles.....they don't do they?

As far as I can tell, Magneto looks to be made up of the exact same parts as the very recent TRU Magneto.

My personal opinion of the TRU release was that it was an amazing mate with the exception of the ridiculous amount of shine. That, for me, ruined the figure completely.

I could argue that if we're going to get rehashes of previously released characters, we could at least get new sculpts. However, we are getting a lot of new pieces with several other characters - and from a business standpoint, the more parts reuses they can work in, the better.

That being said, if this new Magneto is non-metallic, then that would be a massive plus, imo.

Loving the Capcom stuff as well as the Dormammu, X-23 with her toe claws at last, and new Super-Skrull. Add a MODOK and Wesker, Jill, and Chris and I'll be satisfied.

I HATE that with this artwork, it proves the webbing not being all over Spidey is not a factory thing, but DST themselves. Is it really that much more costly now to do the webbing all the way around?

Michael chants repeatedly "M.o.d.o.k, M.o.d.o.k, Super Skrull, and Deadpool. Mega Man, that's the plan, to turn me into a buying fool" Well guess what, it's working!!! I want to make whoopie to that Felicia, right here, right now...

wooooooooooooooowwwwwwww SOOOO EXCITED!!! :D cant wait to see official mates and we all know this wont be all of them (i mean they are bound to finish the entire roster) and amertasu looks INCREDIBLE, the marvel ones all look beautiful and if you notice the designs dont show many rehashes and also (forgot who spotted this) but medusa news!!!

im loving that dormammu's skirt lifts up so he will be fun to pose, amertasu is a work of art and i really hope the fire disk is translucent, im worried about the whole mr f big fist thing, but maybe it just didnt work the first time but they wee able to make it work now or now they have the money to use it, taskmaster looks 100% better than the first one and that cape was made for him. zero has a hefty amount of cool parts and im even excited about x-23 with her new feet, dante looks great :D

Maybe this is why the TRU Dark Magneto doesn't have the exclusive sticker on it? So they can just reuse most of it here? I still wonder how this license works. Is it a pure Capcom license or is Marvel involved? If these hit Gamestop stores, that could be huge for DST as they are everywhere and it's not uncommon for them to have 2 stores just a few hundred metres away from each other.

And I keep forgetting Mega Man isn't in the core lineup. But if there was going to be an army builder, it's gotta be the Servbots!!!

Oh man. This stuff looks fantastic...except for the lazy Spider-Man. Ew.

Arthur and Dante look great as does Jean.

Seeing Zero getting a minimate makes me really sad that Mega Man himself isn't in MvC3 and thus no mate. :(

i think we are overlooking the fact that this game is owned and distributed and designed by capcom, even the art is capcom, im assuming the big anouncment could be an official partnership with capcom and this is just the good faith project to show them what they can do, and even if it isnt they may be able to atleast do the first 2 games

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wayyyyyyyy

this is awesome,no super awesome!

I hope they make tron bonne and viewtiful joe

EDIT: they are making viewtiful joe and Super skrull!!

Edited by SErge

Y'know, with a bit of paint, Ryu's hairpiece could be used for an awesome Solid Snake custom.

thinking the same thing!

I like these, some lovely new Marvel characters, and updates... along with Resident Evil and DMC mates... yeah, good stuff

Has me thinking....why would they reveal the license in a post about the poster? Either this is only the tip of the iceberg (CAPCOM as the true "reveal" at toyfair???), OR it's just some bad timing by the web page poster :P

I'd say DST is just wetting our appetites with the designs, setting up the big payoff first day of TF 2011 with the prototypes.

Edited by MINI_MYTE