UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

Art Asylum just posted on their blog this image.

mc_poster2.jpg

Looks like they are going to be making Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates. These hold no interest to me but im sure a lot of you are interested in these. Hopefully this wasnt the big surprise for Toy Fair...if it was im mildly disappointed.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Street Fighter Minimates aren't dead!!!!!!!!

*panic*

Unfortunately, all we're getting is rehashes of previous SF Minimates :lol:

I think this is pretty dang cool, given all the videogame characters involved. But all the rehashes make me kind of throw up just a little bit in my mouth. Do we REALLY need another Wolvie, Iron Man, Spidey, and Cap? We just got, like, 15 of each of those guys in the last couple of months. And another Thor in that costume (we've already got 2). And the 10th Doctor Doom or so.

I hate to start this thread on such a downer of a note, but it is a bummer they seem to be focusing on those Marvel characters. The Res. Evil guys are gonna be pretty cool to own.

Well, I am definitely not disappointed in the news. I just wonder if they will go through all 40 or however many characters. I'm only disappointed that Dan probably won't be in this lineup. Of all the SF characters, I really really really wanted him.

Heck, how will they do Shuma-Gorath? Will Iron Man have his mega cannon? Mega Man and Zero? Absolutely sold! Arthur? He better be in his undies or I'm going to throw a Riot Spidey at Chuck! MODOK!!!! And a 3" Sentinel? A Max Galactus? Oh the possibilities are endless!

for some reason i dont think this is the surprise but i certainly wouldnt mind if it is. this is one thing that ive been wishing for ever since the anouncement, if you check the toyare thread you can see i was the only one who suggested this, im not bragging im just having a happy attack :'D

Yeah, I hope this wasn't their "big" reveal, since on the marvel side it will probably mean a lot of retreads. Even though I'd dig on some of the Capcom ones.

Here is the character list from the games website so far.

http://marvelvscapcom3.com/us/characters/

If this gets us a MODOK I'll be happy. I dig some of the Capcom characters too and I hope this means they can get characters from the older games as well.

I may pick up some of the mates from the Capcom side but i suspect all the marvel ones will just be retreads that we have already gotten a thousand times. Now of course if they make a MODOK, Dormammu or Shuma-Gorath i will snatch those up.

im interested in even the rehashes think about it; super skrull, taskmaster, she-hulk and alot of other characters who werent very good on their first run

... and alot of other characters who werent very good on their first run

Especially Deadpool. I mean, he didn't even have the pointy tail on the back of his mask! :P

Gosh I can't sleep now.

i know how you feel :biggrin: im also excited about storm and doctor doom and you know everyones excited about yet another magneto :P

I couldn't summon a big enough *meh* if I tried...

now maybe if it's a retroactive license and they could do MvC3 AND MvC2 characters, maybe if it's an overall Capcom license and SSF4 is coming too...

not that won't get them (Dante and Trish are very welcome indeed), just... eh... If this is the HUGE announcement I'm glad I wasn't getting my hopes up.

If we get NEW Marvel characters and much needed revisions (Hulk) then this'll be pretty good. Looking at that character list, I see Dormammu, MODOK and Shuma Gorath (wouldn't THAT be a cool sight to see as a figure).

I expect to see several re-re-re-re-releases, which is kinda "meh". Maybe they'll spice it up with some all-new action.

Edited by Mystery Man

If this gets us a Dormammu, MODOK, and maybe an a proper Astonishing X-Men Wolverine, updated She-Hulk, and Super-Skrull...I will be happy.

If it also gets us Resident Evil and Devil May Cry related minimates, I will be overjoyed. Though updated Street Fighter and Darkstalkers minimates are wecome as well.

However, I'm concerned as to how this will go like others on here. I don't really want a bunch of retreads, especially on the Marvel side, because a good chunk of them already have good minimates as it is.

Now if this opened up the possibility of a ton of Capcom minimates like a Resident Evil or Mega Man line, or even a return of Street Fighter, I'm totally down for it.

If we get NEW Marvel characters and much needed revisions (Hulk) then this'll be pretty good.

I expect to see several re-re-re-re-releases, which is kinda "meh". Maybe they'll spice it up with some all-new action.

(yet ANOTHER post from me :P )

what im hoping for is that like the streetfighter line, each character comes with their 'special move'

example: ironman and his giant canon thing

also im hoping that we see a new dark phoenix rom this