UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

How much is the Galactus minimate max worth?

magicmilner

I was perhaps thinking the Galactus price may seem to come down with the release of the Heralds set, with a lot of people thinking, 'well, I've got a 2" version now, I could really cash in with the Maximate version!'

a few going up on ebay at the same time = lower price?

its just a theory

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got mine both from Wizard World Chicago for $50 each. Different years. Galactus first, then the Sentinel.

One of those booths that has a zillion misc statues strewn about, all with little post-it notes slapped on them for prices.

Just my 2p's worth I dont expect the price on Galactus to change because of the Heralds Boxset. My thinking being is having Terrax etc to show with him would be cool as such but The release of loads of X-men to fight with the Sentinel don't seem to have effected his price. So I can see the same thing with Galactus.

Got my Galactus for free. Birthday gift from a friend, but he told me it had been sitting on a shelf ina comic book store where he lived for a few years. He paid $35 for it before tax. Said they had a Sentinel too, might still be there, but he moved so not much chance of me finding ut.

i'm willing to sell my galactus maxi-mate for $60 shipped (US addresses only, sorry) to anyone who is interested...

Well they are only 499 statues in existence of each, and they are a must for collectors. I would say 120 max and anythin above is if ur desperate.

Back when I ordered Galactus, it came to me broken so I sent it back for another. So that's probably 498. ;)

On each side of his head is some sort of antenna/whatever & these are vulnerable. If you buy one insist that it is sent in its original polystyrene protective inner packaging & its original box & have the sender pack this in a decent cardboard box. Sent in this manner it will arrive safely ....if not you'll have problems. Neither Galactus or Sentinel is durable...in fact they are hopelessly delicate.

As much as I'd like to have these on my shelf, and a part of me really wants them despite all their problems, what I find myself thinking everytime this topic pops up is that I wish DST could wrangle permission to try this size figure again from Marvel. Only this time, in roto-cast plastic instead of ceramic.

Ah well.