UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Series 13 Out This Week*

storm 1:08

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering my relationship with him, I didn't ask for specifics. He said he was expecting a call from me already and he'd only been open 4 minutes. I only like to plan, is that such a curse??? It's a 50 minute round trip?!?!?! Who wouldn't double check???

I am assuming 12 only, but who knows anymore. Maybe 13 will be next week(4 weeks later)? I lunch in 45 min, I'll be back with word in 1 hour 50 minutes.

Deadpool, as old as my digital is, we'd be better off if I drew pictures with crayons, with my eyes closed! Okay not that bad, but it sucks!

Deadpool, as old as my digital is, we'd be better off if I drew pictures with crayons, with my eyes closed! Okay not that bad, but it sucks!

At least let me know if Sentry's been fixed. If so, I WILL have my comic shop order some.

post-286-1161200101_thumb.jpg

And they're out! Picked up Beast/Kitty Pride(Btw, whoever thought Shadowcat "phasing" looks like going invisable needs to be talked to.) and Cyclops/Emma at my comic shop. Didn't see the varaint DoFP Logan and since I got the TRU four pack, I skipped on Colossus and Wolverine since those two weren't as bad as the TRU Cyke/Emma.

Quick reviews:

Beast looks like he's been crafted from Wolverine hair, and a repainted New X-Men jacket for his chest. His face is very cat like, and while it looks good, it makes me long for the days of the ape-like beast.

Kitty Pride got the Dark Phoenix/Firestar hair, and a New X-Men belt ala Astonishing Cyke, and while her feet and hands are clear, her legs and arms are smokey minus the yellow costume parts. Not a huge fan of that phasing effect, but it's nice to finally have a completed Marvel Team within a wave!

How'd it taste, Ady? :D I respect that you are a man of your word. I hope you don't get indigestion. :)

Well, Series 13, the Astonishing X-Men wave, showed up... in a newly designed package! Remember the blister packs that had the blue city background? Well, it's now the background for the figures instead of that purple/pink/whatever color. Basically, they updated their entire box package art. I think it looks good. More modern look, I suppose.

The variant logo (the "VARIANT ENCLOSED!" label) is back on the chase figures. And for some reason, the chase figure is called DOFP Wolverine. What's a DOFP? :P Yeah, I thought that was strange and yes, I know it's Days Of The Future Past Wolverine, but I thought it was funny when I saw that on both the front and back.

Nothing much else I can say. And no, I will not be able to post pictures until when I get back home later tonight. Sorry. I'm sure someone else will get to them first.

I noticed something just now about Beast. Apparently, he's been in the works for a couple of years. The back of his "big-chest" chest piece has a copyright of 2004! :D Yeah, I guess they are still using old parts. Oh, and by the way, I bought the normal figures at $8.99 a piece. Just to remind everyone about the price increase.

Fast posters! My LCS was surprisingly pleasant! I haven't even got to open the boxes yet, damn J O B!!! Kind of a let down with only having 2 new mates to put in my cases. Any variations between the TRU and the direct releases?