UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The NHL Guardian Project

Just thought I'd post this in it's own thread. Looks like Stan Lee and the NHL have cooked up a new venture together. The Guardian Project. These characters would make for some amazing minimates. I've even speculated this in the "Big Surprise" thread from DST and posted it as my official guess on Diamond's FB page. Here's a look at the individual characters.

Guardian Project Youtube channel.

More thorough bios of each NHL Guardian.

I hope DST get's something going with this property. I'd buy all of 'em, even the lame looking ones.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Um, since when did T'Challa hail from Florida? :blink:

When Cyclops got Bobby's powers...

I'm sorry Stan, but you're out of ideas.

Without a doubt! The video of the Predator shows that he has an "Adamantium" exo-skeleton. I wonder if Marvel knows about that. Most of these guys are complete rip-offs of well established comic book characters, but the idea of making superheroes based of the NHL teams is a novel one.

They all reek of modern day Stan Lee. I'm not sure he has had a good or original idea since the 1960s.

To be fair there's enough evidence he didn't even have the original or good ideas back, his story about seeing a fly and deciding to make up a teenage hero certainly seems suspect when you look at Kirby's "Silver Spider" concept and hear the stories from the rest of the bullpen.

At any rate, whether he created Spider-man or not, Stan Lee was a writer and friendly-editor, that's what his legacy truly is creating the friendly editor persona who would leave notes like "that was in issue 7!" or "but let's ignore the little details on that"

So what exactly was his contribution to this project? The heroes are very literal to the teams (HOLY SH*T! THE SHARKS HERO IS 'THE SHARK' WHO IS A SHARK!!!) and their powers are super generic, Stan isn't and had never been a character designer... so did he assign the generic powers? or his really just a rubber stamp project where every team gets a new furry mascot to sell shirts, hats, and Fatheads of and Stan gets a check

• 1 month later...

Don't know if any of you guys still remember this, but I may have just stumbled upon an amusing development.

http://neocurios.blogspot.com/2011/03/how-...ese-emails.html

It looks like they're attempting a viral campaign or an alternate reality game (ARG) of some sort. Anybody else gotten any weird emails lately?

I only remember looking up their official Facebook page, that must have been how they got my details.

As someone who is developing an avid interest in ARGs, I can only say: Really? That's the best you guys can do?