UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Warmin' the pegs...

Lobsterman

The TRU 4-packs have been in my neck of the woods for almost two weeks now, and they seem to be selling about as well as the Darktide DVD sets.

I don't know what this says for a plan to pin the hopes of the line on major retail sales. Is it a price point problem? Are people just not shopping at TRU anymore? Target doesn't seem to have a problem moving the two-packs.

Has anyone else seen these langushing on the shelves?

The TRU 4-packs have been in my neck of the woods for almost two weeks now, and they seem to be selling about as well as the Darktide DVD sets.

I don't know what this says for a plan to pin the hopes of the line on major retail sales. Is it a price point problem? Are people just not shopping at TRU anymore? Target doesn't seem to have a problem moving the two-packs.

Has anyone else seen these langushing on the shelves?

I still can't go to TRU so I've got no clue, but there's a Sentry out there with my name on it.

My TRU currently has none in stock. That's not to say they sold out. They've never had them in stock. No Street Fighter either. The Speed Racer sets seem to moving pretty well though, which is odd, considering I expected the least from that line. Darktide is selling OK and the Ultimate Avengers 2 DVD is moving OK too. Hopefully, I'll see some 4-packs in the near future.

I wish we still had a Toy's 'R Us (brick and mortar) in my neck of the woods to pick any of these up.

2-3 years ago we had three TRUs in the SF Area. Today, zero. Although one has been converted to a

Babies 'R Us. To push the product, they could of at least offered some of these minimates on-line. :(

my TRU still hasent gotten the eather same with my target and the target 2 packs. hopefully they'll get them soon.

I just spotted these today. Passed, of course, since the same figures are included in Series 12 & 13.

These might do better at checkout as an impulse item. Sandwiched in between Spidey and X-Men product on two lonely pegs, it's getting lost in a sea of cornea gumbo.

These might do better at checkout as an impulse item. Sandwiched in between Spidey and X-Men product on two lonely pegs, it's getting lost in a sea of cornea gumbo.

mmmmmmm, gumbo :P

Is that what they were eating in the dinner scene of Temple of Doom?

• 3 weeks later...

I have to say that from what I've seen these figures are either nonexistent (like to Speed Racer packs and 4-packs at my closest TRU - a 2 hour drive) or so outdated (like the continual restocking of the Fantastic Four 2 packs at my local Target) that at least locally these 'mates just don't have much of a customer base. Such a shame since they are just so cool. I've only been officially collecting a few weeks and already I've acquired dozens and dozens. But without some sort of media exposure, the average person isn't likely to stumble across these when they're "hidden" in the aisles.

We actually don't have a lot of pegwarmers here with the exception of the Sue and Ben 2 pack. THere's like a case here that never moves at our Target.

I know the feeling. we have four ben and sue at our Target. I know once they go we will some GSX, but they seem not to move.

I had four Sue / Thing packs clogging the shelves at a local Target, and they still got in the new Minimates. So don't lose hope - Sue / Thing won't keep you from new Minimates.

By the way, the new Minimates have sold out and Sue / Thing are still on the shelves.

My Hometown TRU actually has gotten these in probably three times now... They're moving pretty good here... Of course, it's really the only place to get them other than Target in my area... The LCS only gets 1 case of each wave, and he gets it for me, so there's none there...

The TRU about 1.5 hours south of me actually had a Minimate section the last time I was there.

Marvel 4-packs, StreetFighter 4-packs, SpeedRacer and Darktide were all in the same little area and arranged quite nicely. It did my heart good to see something like that. I did snap a couple pics on my phone, but I haven't bothered to even look at them. I'll check them out later, and if they're decent, I'll post them.... that way everyone's hearts can feel good...