UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Huge Surprise planned for ToyFair 2011 - What is it?

ToyFair 2011 Huge Surprise  

61 members have voted

1. 1. So what will be the minimate related surprise?

• DC
    • Disney (including PotC, Muppets, etc)
    • Video Game lines
    • Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit
    • Old Movies (like Godfather, Western Trilogy, etc)
    • New Movies (Cowboys and Aliens, etc)
    • Cartoon Shows (Thundercats, Smurfs, etc)
    • Star Wars
    • Sports (NFL, NHL, NBA, WWE)
    • Large Size Minimates
    • New Comic Book lines (not Marvel or DC)
    • James Bond
    • New M.A.X. line
    • TV Show (Buffy, X-Files, Golden Girls, etc)
    • Food related line
    • Something totally different

If I wanted to wade through 100's of pages of guesses, wishlists and off-topic posts, I'd be on The Fwoosh :)

You forgot the insults.

it's the internet, that goes without saying

I don't think anything goes without saying on the Fwoosh.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes business sense for DST I guess, they've already designed more than half of the characters.

Ok, so what are the positives here:

Re-releases of some harder to find / fan favourite Marvel characters.

Perhaps re-tooled Marvel characters, ie. Bulky Hulk.

More weapons / energy blasts / accessories.

Street Fighter character updates.

Not being a gamer myself... can anyone let me know what other characters we can expect except for Marvel & Street Fighter?

id just like to point out that marvel vs capcom wasnt on the list of guesses on facebook.... just saying :P *flaunts victory* arnt i humble? ;)

Actually, it was... Darren Martin posted it on January 25th

So I guess that confirms MvC3 as the huge surprise? I suppose it could still be something else, but it's unlikely.

I have to say, though, that this works for me as the big reveal. I know a lot of people are disappointed, and MvC3 isn't at the top of my personal list, but no matter what property is announced, someone will always be underwhelmed. There are too many different tastes represented on this board for only one license to make everyone happy...

All in all, I'd call this a good day for Minimates :)

QUOTE (Donny B @ Feb 12 2011, 03:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
id just like to point out that marvel vs capcom wasnt on the list of guesses on facebook.... just saying :P *flaunts victory* arnt i humble? ;)

Actually, it was... Darren Martin posted it on January 25th

So I guess that confirms MvC3 as the huge surprise? I suppose it could still be something else, but it's unlikely.

I have to say, though, that this works for me as the big reveal. I know a lot of people are disappointed, and MvC3 isn't at the top of my personal list, but no matter what property is announced, someone will always be underwhelmed. There are too many different tastes represented on this board for only one license to make everyone happy...

All in all, I'd call this a good day for Minimates :)

oh i wa sjust going by the list that was posted here *gets off high horse*

I feel take it or leave it with the Capcom figures. But if we get updated Storm, She-Hulk, and X-23 out of this, I am happy.

Oh, and M.O.D.O.K!!!!

I feel take it or leave it with the Capcom figures. But if we get updated Storm, She-Hulk, and X-23 out of this, I am happy.

Oh, and M.O.D.O.K!!!!

That'd be nice, but we'll probably get Cap, Spidey, Hulk, Wolverine, Iron Man, and Deadpool. You know, all the characters in need of an update. (In all fairness, that Wolverine design is welcome.) This is a pretty underwhelming announcment. I wouldn't call combining an existing line with a dead line huge. I'll be in it for any new and worthwhile Marvel characters, but otherwise, meh.

WESKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CHRIS!! JILL!!!!!!!!!!!

and, Street Fighter. ;) Take that, naysayers. XD

Well, as my picks were Bond or MvC3, i am VERY happy with the result. By sheer irony, i'm wearing my MvC3 t-shirt right now. :lol:

Edited by Twisted Two-Face