UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Huge Surprise planned for ToyFair 2011 - What is it?

ToyFair 2011 Huge Surprise  

61 members have voted

1. 1. So what will be the minimate related surprise?

• DC
    • Disney (including PotC, Muppets, etc)
    • Video Game lines
    • Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit
    • Old Movies (like Godfather, Western Trilogy, etc)
    • New Movies (Cowboys and Aliens, etc)
    • Cartoon Shows (Thundercats, Smurfs, etc)
    • Star Wars
    • Sports (NFL, NHL, NBA, WWE)
    • Large Size Minimates
    • New Comic Book lines (not Marvel or DC)
    • James Bond
    • New M.A.X. line
    • TV Show (Buffy, X-Files, Golden Girls, etc)
    • Food related line
    • Something totally different

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure seems like a sweet deal, you could get a George Clooney, a Matt Damon, a Brad Pitt, a Bruce Campbell all sorts of fun fodder, plus "The Big Leobowski" and "Fargo" would make fun sets... which would ultimately not pre-order well enough and be quietly canceled, the item remaining on the BBTS pre-order page for the next 5 years until they finally decide to take it down, sending you a cancelation e-mail long after you already knew it was canceled to just sort of rub it in.

Most of their movies aren't super merchandisable, but I think Lebowski mates would sell enough to make it to release (and be awesome!). Another company has put out three series of those weird action figures now, I think? It'd be a great set for accessories too -- off the top of my head, a 4-pack should include a marmot, an urn, a glass of White Russian, a bowling ball and a persian rug.

I don't know if this has been said before, but I'm kinda hoping for Assassin's Creed. That'd be pretty cool, plus, I want a Machiavelli minimate.

I agree. Renaissance mates could also make an easy transition to a MAX version of Three Musketeers. As long as i get some Borgia figs if they do this i'll be set.

I dont think the Thundercats qualify as huge.

:lol: HAHAHAHA that was really funny, uhh wait a minute you weren't kidding were you... Thundercats qualify as gigantic, unless you hate toys from the 80's...

O.K. I got some inside info, from a reliable source. Matty (from Matty collector) called up Chuck and said "Hey I really like them minimate thingys, if you make one of me, I might be able to hook you up with a little thing called the Masters of the Universe license."

The big problem came when Chuck handed him the pack, QC were sleeping on the job that day, and gave him a pair of Elektra legs. The good news was that Matty really like them... Keeping fingers crossed, and holding my breath for a C3 castle greyskull.

P.S. My reliable source wasn't very reliable...

I hope it's Marvel Vs Capcom 3. People want their Street Fighter and Darkstalkers Minimates, and I wouldn't mind having a Wesker minimate :yes:

i would cry tears of joy....but i seriously doubt it....atleast the capcom characters from the game <_< i could see however MV3 ironman, hulk, cap and spidey variants :angry:

i could see however MV3 ironman, hulk, cap and spidey variants :angry:

I wouldn't mind a box set of those guys if they were in their alternate 'colors' say Silver or Stealth Extremis, Punisher Cap, Bulked up Red or Gray Hulk, and redo Iron Spider.

It'd be a new Heroes/Heroic Age set but you selected them with a button other then low punch!

i could see however MV3 ironman, hulk, cap and spidey variants :angry:

I wouldn't mind a box set of those guys if they were in their alternate 'colors' say Silver or Stealth Extremis, Punisher Cap, Bulked up Red or Gray Hulk, and redo Iron Spider.

It'd be a new Heroes/Heroic Age set but you selected them with a button other then low punch!

i was unaware of their alternates! :D now i hope i was right :P anyway if they do MVC3 (and if they do it right) we will atleast see a few waves with chase figures and maybe a TRU wave and a few boxsets :) though honestly im hoping the surprise is a full liscense that can follow up marvel and has the potential to stay in the game for a long time to come

Not to dump on anyone's parade, but we can definitely mark some properties off the list of surprises from the most recent Q & A.

1. No DC Minimates. Seems DC is going to go with Mez-its for a bit.

2. No GI Joe Minimates. Hasbro isn't interested. I'm not surprised as GI Joe is losing shelf space across the US. Retailers seemed to have OD'ed on the brand with the Rise of Cobra movie. The Pursuit of Cobra line has been a smash hit with GI Joe collectors, but Wal-mart has dropped the brand.

3. No BattleBeast Minimates (for now). Chuck says they "have not formally prepared the line."

4. No PowerRanger Minimates. Thank God.

5. No line of blanks for customizers.

I'm sticking with my prediction of Disney Minimates. (Star Wars Minimates are my dream pick though).

Edited by Jatta Pake

I hate it when we get these "big surprise, that will shock you" kind of teases...because we get all kinds of crazy ideas and flights of fancy... when in fact, it could be another Maddona movie that get's mates....

I look at this like going to the proctologist... hope for the best, expect the worst...

moc847

Not to dump on anyone's parade, but we can definitely mark some properties off the list of surprises from the most recent Q & A.

1. No DC Minimates. Seems DC is going to go with Mez-its for a bit.

2. No GI Joe Minimates. Hasbro isn't interested. I'm not surprised as GI Joe is losing shelf space across the US. Retailers seemed to have OD'ed on the brand with the Rise of Cobra movie. The Pursuit of Cobra line has been a smash hit with GI Joe collectors, but Wal-mart has dropped the brand.

3. No BattleBeast Minimates (for now). Chuck says they "have not formally prepared the line."

4. No PowerRanger Minimates. Thank God.

5. No line of blanks for customizers.

I'm sticking with my prediction of Disney Minimates. (Star Wars Minimates are my dream pick though).

I don't think you can 100% rule DC out... Chuck gave his standard "if DC wants them, we'll do them" answer, which doesn't mean that DC hasn't already contacted them. So when DC is revealed, and we all come running to Chuck and say "Wha Happen?!" he can say. "DC said they wanted them, so here they are". Not that I think it will be DC, but... hope springs eternal.

The one potential license I mentioned way back on the first page of this thread that (I don't think) has been brought up again is WWE. I think this would have the potential to be bigger then anything outside of Star Wars. You've got: an established base of kids and collectors; property identification among retail buyers; a huge library of characters, that can rereleased in new variations over and over; relatively low costs, as you'd need to tool very few new pieces. Like it or hate it, I think the WWE would be a big, big get for DST.

I don't think you can 100% rule DC out... Chuck gave his standard "if DC wants them, we'll do them" answer, which doesn't mean that DC hasn't already contacted them. So when DC is revealed, and we all come running to Chuck and say "Wha Happen?!" he can say. "DC said they wanted them, so here they are". Not that I think it will be DC, but... hope springs eternal.

Remember Pope's inherently pessimistic next line my friend: "Man never is, but always to be blest.

I doubt DC. I like the Disney idea.

The one potential license I mentioned way back on the first page of this thread that (I don't think) has been brought up again is WWE. I think this would have the potential to be bigger then anything outside of Star Wars. You've got: an established base of kids and collectors; property identification among retail buyers; a huge library of characters, that can rereleased in new variations over and over; relatively low costs, as you'd need to tool very few new pieces. Like it or hate it, I think the WWE would be a big, big get for DST.

not that i think you are wrong or right, but doesnt WWE already have a whole damn aisle in most stores with figures in every size from @12" down to those 2" ones? would be a hit for me so im hoping is something else :blink:

Edited by Mattallica

Has anyone here stopped to think that maybe the "HUGE surprise" may not be a new liscense at all? What if the huge surprise is that Target is going to start carrying minimates again? Or that international TRU stores will start carrying exclusive Marvel Minimates, that are of cousre NOT the same as the ones offered in the states ;)

Just saying, maybe it's not a new liscense.

Has anyone here stopped to think that maybe the "HUGE surprise" may not be a new liscense at all? What if the huge surprise is that Target is going to start carrying minimates again? Or that international TRU stores will start carrying exclusive Marvel Minimates, that are of cousre NOT the same as the ones offered in the states ;)

Just saying, maybe it's not a new liscense.

On Art Asylum's facebook page they're giving away concept art from the line the big surprise is from... I'd be down for target distribution too but unless he's talking about red minimates with white targets all over em, it's definitely a license.

. . .Or that international TRU stores will start carrying exclusive Marvel Minimates, that are of cousre NOT the same as the ones offered in the states ;)

I'd praise the day, but wont hold my breath.

another Maddona movie that get's mates....

Don't you raise my hopes like this. It isn't right.

Also, I would love classic WWF Minimates (not the current guys). Yeah, there is a whole aisle at TRU devoted to wrestling, but I don't collect any of those figures. And I do dig my M.U.S.C.L.E. Kubricks.

Also, I would love classic WWF Minimates (not the current guys). Yeah, there is a whole aisle at TRU devoted to wrestling, but I don't collect any of those figures. And I do dig my M.U.S.C.L.E. Kubricks.

Honestly I would flip the fuck out, if we got WWE Legends Minimates.

To have a Macho Man Randy Savage minimate would be amazing!

To have a Macho Man Randy Savage minimate would be amazing!

m.jpg

OOOOOOH YA!

Edited by MINI_MYTE