UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Huge Surprise planned for ToyFair 2011 - What is it?

ToyFair 2011 Huge Surprise  

61 members have voted

1. 1. So what will be the minimate related surprise?

• DC
    • Disney (including PotC, Muppets, etc)
    • Video Game lines
    • Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit
    • Old Movies (like Godfather, Western Trilogy, etc)
    • New Movies (Cowboys and Aliens, etc)
    • Cartoon Shows (Thundercats, Smurfs, etc)
    • Star Wars
    • Sports (NFL, NHL, NBA, WWE)
    • Large Size Minimates
    • New Comic Book lines (not Marvel or DC)
    • James Bond
    • New M.A.X. line
    • TV Show (Buffy, X-Files, Golden Girls, etc)
    • Food related line
    • Something totally different

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I'm gonna take a stab at this new "Huge Surprise". I know a lot of you were talking MLB, but what if it turns out to be the NHL? More specifically, the NHL's new GUARDIAN PROJECT. Can you believe it? Superheroes for all 30 NHL teams. This new venture just screams minimates. Love to get my hands on the Senator. Gotta stay true to the home team (even if the suck beyond suck this year). Check the link above and tell this isn't a good possibility of being the big surprise.

Just found Guardian Project Youtube Channel.

Turns out Stan Lee is the man responsible for these guys. Here's more info on the Guardian Project. The series will be unveiled at the NHL All-Star game on Sunday. This series has me way excited (even if minimates aren't in the cards).

Official Website for the Guardian Project.

Official FB character page.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Okay, I'm gonna take a stab at this new "Huge Surprise". I know a lot of you were talking MLB, but what if it turns out to be the NHL? More specifically, the NHL's new GUARDIAN PROJECT. Can you believe it? Superheroes for all 30 NHL teams. This new venture just screams minimates. Love to get my hands on the Senator. Gotta stay true to the home team (even if the suck beyond suck this year). Check the link above and tell this isn't a good possibility of being the big surprise.

Just found videos for all these guys.

Turns out Stan Lee is the man responsible for these guys. Here's more info on the Guardian Project. The series will be unveiled at the NHL All-Star game on Sunday. This series has me way excited (even if minimates aren't in the cards).

I know nothing of NHL really but if these where minimates I would go for them. I just see so much custom possibility for other figures from finely A Mr Freeze helmet and alot more that I would have to look through the pictures again.

Does anyone know if key words are Chucks thing, for instance when he says "BIG" Surprise do y'all think he's being literal?

Does anyone know if key words are Chucks thing, for instance when he says "BIG" Surprise do y'all think he's being literal?

Hard to tell but really I think most companys at Toyfair says they have a Surprise or Announcement just not to get left behind.

I am still going on its something we already know about and it will just be getting an official release.

Just found videos for all these guys.

I know nothing of NHL really but if these where minimates I would go for them. I just see so much custom possibility for other figures from finely A Mr Freeze helmet and alot more that I would have to look through the pictures again.

Looking at the pics and knowing Stan Lee helped design them...all i see are X-men in hockey uniforms...Stan's done better work than this.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Just found

Official FB character page.

I would be ALL for this and would buy every single one!!!!

I believe it's Cowboys Vs Aliens.

It's a new license, it's being marketed as HUGE, and the director, Jon Favreau was a fan of his Happy Hogan minimate! (he told me he thought it was "cool")

I hope it's something different, but I'll buy them regardless. At least I know what I'll customize with Harrison Ford and Daniel Craig minimates!

I believe it's Cowboys Vs Aliens.

That's... actually scarily plausible. Wouldn't really complain, but can an announcement like that really be Toyfair-worthy?

Oh, and here's a possible list of candidates to choose from! :P

Well I'm going to pin my hopes on The Thing tribute flick with an anniversary John Carpenters the thing set to boot

Thanks for the link North Raider that was a good read

I would love to have some of those, but not sure how well they would sell to other Minimate collectors. Obviously, the most interesting looking figures would be of the creature itself, and as Terminator showed, that kind of thing may not be enough to move sets.

Also seems to go against DST's apparent current strategy to target youngsters.

Edited by karamazov80

If none of us have guessed it then I reckon the huge surprise will be a huge disappointment.

This. I don't agree with BHM on many....well....no that's about right. ;) but i'd be pretty disappointed if it isn't something off this thread. It'd be have to something HUGE to impress otherwise.

I'm still pulling for James Bond or Marvel v. Capcom. Fingers crossed.

One thought that crossed my mind today - what about the Battle Beast wave that was leaked a few months back? Last I checked we've not heard anything since the leak, i.e. any form of official confirmation/denial by DST. Maybe DST will officially announce something that fans have been semi aware of for the last few months.

Personally I hope it's the revivial of the DC minimates or Street Fighter/Capcom, but I'm not holding my breath for false hope. I've been burned before...

Anything short of Star Wars will be a HUGE disappointment.

Anything short of Star Wars is actually likely. ;)

I agree that Star Wars is unlikely but what else would be considered HUGE? Maybe they got the Toho license and are going to start doing Godzilla mates? In a time where I'm seriously cutting back on my Minimate purchases, it would take Star Wars to get me to pick up another line. I know a healthy dose of showmanship is always part of these announcements so when they announce something lackluster I wont be surprised. I remember being disappointed last year with the (YAWN) Sony mates announcement. I'm guessing this year will be much the same.