UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Character Building - Doctor Who

Aethyr

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 11 doctor set, Cyberman Conversion Chamber, and Dalek Factory Playset are now on Forbidden Planet.

http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=4_1165_7338&sort=20a

Ordered!!!

*Please note that there are minifig changes from what was first announced at the toyfair*

I have yet to purchase any of the army builder 5-pack. I can't justify it. I have an Underground Toys case (of minifigs) preordered, I have already received a Character case and I was given a large number of individual packs for my Bday. Purchasing multi-packs of figures that I already own is difficult. I will probably end up asking for the 5-packs around the holidays.

one more post and I reach 1000 posts. Where does the time go

I thought the set came with the Scientist (orange) Dalek, not the The Eternal (yellow) Dalek. (plus a red Dalek)

I know I read it somewhere. It was the same place I read who the guy in the Cyberman conversion set is. I just can't find where.

post 1000

• 2 weeks later...

Two new things to report.

Yesterday, FP put up the Tardis interior set for preorder 39.99 pounds. Not a bad price compared to that of LEGO sets of the same scale.

Previews has some new underground listings

SPOT AUG11 1864 DOCTOR WHO CHAR BUILDING DALEK ARMY 5PK (C: 1-1-4) 10/26/11 SRP: $19.99 = $

SPOT AUG11 1865 DOCTOR WHO CHAR BUILDING CYBERMAN ARMY 5PK (C: 1-1-4) 10/26/11 SRP: $19.99 = $

• 2 weeks later...

Not super new news, but series 2 of the minifigs have been announced and are on preorder at forbiddenplanet.

Eleventh Doctor (ACC)

Amy Pond (Policewoman)

Amy Pond (Night Terrors)

Rory

River Song

Silence

'Vampire'

Roman

Supreme Dalek

Cyberleader

Has anyone seen the 11 doctors set in store yet?

I saw the Dalek factory and cybermen factory (or whatever it is) in stores yesterday. They were about 30quid each which is bloomin expensive, but it was in forbidden planet so...

Edit: Just seen the 11 Doctors set at my local TRU on the way home. £20, and even though I don't like the show much, it is a nice set. Really nice. Drop me a PM if you want one.

Edited by UK Collector

• 4 weeks later...

They do seem to be showing a lot of bravado and confidence in the line. It's definitely a good thing. These minifigs - like the Hasbro Kre-ons - aren't really my thing but I do like to see Character Options doing well.

Old news, but I wil share it anyway.

The 11 Doctor set has a super rare variant in which some, not all, of the doctors are a little different.

http://doctorwhotoys.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=13307&start=130

Wave 2 of the minifigs also have Super Rares:

http://doctorwhotoys.net/characterbuildingseries2.htm

I also saw the Underground Toys release of these yesterday and all they did to make the packages different is put on a b&w sticker over the Character logo.

I was hoping for new printing package variations.

Got my UK case of series 2 today.

7x Silent

5x The Doctor

4x Amy Pond

4x Cyberleader

4x Romans Auton

4x Supreme Dalek

3x Vampire girl

3x Rory

1x River Song

1x Amy Pond Police Uniform

Once again, no super Rare. But I will have my second chance when Underground Toys release their cases through Diamond.

I also have the giant Tardis Control Room coming next week.

I wonder what will be next for the Doctor Who line...

still think the Supreme Dalek is a strange choice for the blind bags, seeing as there's presumably only supposed to be the one of him.

I'm being very selective with these, avoiding the sets (excluding the Tardis) as I know exactly what I can get like some new shiny toy line comes along.

I do have a pretty sexy Dalek army coming along though.

Interestingly enough, my father is collecting these as well. He managed to get the clear projected Angel in a blind bag a couple of weeks ago. I forget exactly how much, but I'm sure he ended up getting a few hundred quid for it.