UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Probably waited too long...

Twisted Two-Face

So after being wary of picking up another Hot Toys after Harvey's leg randomly snapped in two, i saw pictures of Battle Suit Jill Valentine. Long story short, love Jill, loved her battle suit, want to pick her up. But my first love of Resident Evil comes from good ole Albert Wesker, and definitely him to pose with her. Obviously, this is a problem...

I probably waited too long to try and pick him up, but every, both eBay or otherwise, seem to have him marked up to at least $350. Now i want Wesker, but sure as hell is he not worth that much...

Opinions?? Thoughts?? Ideas for other stores?? :confused:

For the record, picking up Jill anyway. Battle Suit looks great. Probably will buy the B.S.A.A. version too. But Wesker's a priority.

I could have sworn I saw one for $250 on the SSF forum recently. Of course, I could be way off, but you really should check there.

He has really jumped up in price from several months ago. I almost bought one a while back for $150ish, but I had too many other figures I wanted. Good luck with your search.

I've noticed the jump in price for this guy, as well. Not sure exactly why, though maybe him being dressed this way in Marvel vs. Capcom has something to do with it. Also, they keep releasing more figures from that game, bringing in more collectors like yourself who want to round out the crew. Sorry to say it, but you're probably gonna have to shell out the big bucks to get this guy.

My advice to you would be to stay as far away as possible from Hot Toys figures. It is a slippery slope, and if you like having money, then you won't like liking Hot Toys.

Two days ago I spent $200 on a Hot Toys figure. A SINGLE TOY! This is insanity.

STARS Wesker is cheaper than the Midnight version, but I wouldn't hold my breath on either of those coming in stock at any retailers, U.S.-based or otherwise. Hot Toys is not shipping anymore of those guys, so I don't think that backorder is gonna convert.

Very good advice, K80. ;) Some of them are nice looking, and of course are very risky when it comes to almost $200 a figure, but there are a couple that'd be nice to own (Wesker, BSAA Jill, Battle Suit Jill, RAH Soviet Snake).

So yup, basically it was too long a wait. Thanks for the link, Dio; while Midnight Wesker is the bigger want, STARS Wesker is nice as well and A Wesker would be better than NO Wesker.

Looks like i've got some considering to do. I may pick up the Jill first, just to test Hot Toys' Resident Evil quality (as in, make myself want more...) and see if Wesker goes down by then. He WON'T, but at least the Jills will make me feel better. :)

Thanks guys!!

"My advice to you would be to stay as far away as possible from Hot Toys figures. It is a slippery slope, and if you like having money, then you won't like liking Hot Toys."

Great advice. Where the heck were you a year ago? :D

you were warned.

You decided to not heed the advice of fellow 1/6th junkies

Ha, it's funny. I had decided just to pick up the STARS version and found a site with it for only $220 in-stock. Pulled the trigger after reading a few reviews, and of course at the checkout screen it says "Item cannot be placed in cart because it is currently unavailable." That's lovely.

Thanks for the link K80, but i don't even have an eBay account. :P So with that, Jill for now, and then the hunt continues. One day, my friends, one day...

nevermind.

Someone from SSF bought him

No worries, i'll find one eventually. Thanks though Doc, that was a great, beyond generous deal. Lucky guy that got him; hope he enjoys it fully.

EDIT: Also, Sideshow buyers, I'll probably buy Battle Suit Jill from them for the Flexpay option. Anyone use this, just wanna let me know how this works?? I'm assuming they just charge the $75 until it's paid in full, then ship?

Edited by Twisted Two-Face