X-Men: First Class movie

DaveOMac

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

even though i hate this more than george clooney with batnipples, i will see it. As a comic adapton; they should burn in the negative zone, as a movie: could be good atleast we get to see havok,banshee,etc on the silver screen. on that note sadly, fox will be keeping the x-men rights for probably ten more years seeing as we have The Wolverine in preproduction and Deadpool still as a project

This scene was cut from the film. Erik is actually the history teacher at Xaviers and is taking the class to a renaissance fair.

And his line was, "Doth yee all now run past mine self, and offer outstretched hand. We shall smack hands together, producing a wonderous sound that I declare as a "Medieval High Five"."

Emma then thought texts the other students "OMG. Mr. Lensherr is such a tool!"

• 3 months later...

I did figure there was no real way of telling just how old beast was, and if was supposed to be in his 50s, then I wouldn't be surprised. I always kind of figured mutants didn't really age the same was 'we' do... as for Mystique, again... how can you call the age of a shape-shifter?

Well - beast was being played by a man in his 50's . . .

Good point. I think i just saw him as younger

I did figure there was no real way of telling just how old beast was, and if was supposed to be in his 50s, then I wouldn't be surprised. I always kind of figured mutants didn't really age the same was 'we' do... as for Mystique, again... how can you call the age of a shape-shifter?

Count the rings in the middle?

there are a couple of spoilers on imdb

The Hellfire Club's leader, En Sabah Nur (more famously known as the Apocalypse), was influenced by Batman Begins (2005)'s Henri Ducard and the Mandarin in the Iron Man films.

Share this Hide options

Facebook | Twitter | Permalink:

The Man in Black (Oliver Platt) is a government agent, a reference to the S.H.I.E.L.D. agency that has appeared in recent Marvel films. His title is also a tribute to the Men in Black, who supervise/are connected with paranormal activity on earth (adapted as a comic by Lowell Cunningham, made into a film by Barry Sonnenfeld).

Share this Hide options

Facebook | Twitter | Permalink:

In the comics Alex Summers (Havok) was the brother of Scott Summers (Cyclops). In this film, Alex is Scott's father.

I don't want to see spoilers, but if I were a betting man, I would put my money down on Wolverine having a brief, pointless cameo so that they could plaster him all over the commercials once the movie is released (they would no doubt try to keep it "secret" until then as a "surprise" to fans)--essentially trying to sell this movie as "Wolverine and the X-Men part 4" or whatever, even though it would be a complete ruse.

I'm a cynic that way, but assuming the worst is often the best strategy with these kinds of things.

I'm a cynic that way, but assuming the worst is often the best strategy with these kinds of things.

Prepare for the worst, hope for the mediocrity that is served to seem impressive compared to what you have prepared for. . . :thumbsup:

I know the tactic well - but i'm quietly hopeful for this film. I'm trying to beat that little ray of hope down, but it keeps on beaming.

I'm a fan of the books & i really did like the first 2 x-films. Knowing that Brian Singer is over-seeing this as producer & that Matthew Vaughn is directing keeps that ray of hope alive. I really enjoyed both Kick-@$$ & Stardust. I even thought they were two of the best/funnest films released in their respective years. I'm trying to be skeptical, but hope springs eternal . . .

EDIT: Typo

Edited by Nessex