UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

First photo of Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man

DaveOMac

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank goodness, I thought I was the only one that hated the costume. I could live with the belt missing, but the fact that the webs don't cover all the red bugs me for some reason and the gloves are just an abomination. Don't get me started on the crazy texturing. Waaaaaay too much going on in this suit. Less is more Sony, less is more.

its red and blue... and has a spider on the chest, I like it

also, Andrew Garfield is a fantastic actor, after all... he is British. He's put in some fantastic performances in numerous pieces of tele stuff over here, and Boy A is a wonderful film.

Plus... he looks just like Peter Parker.

I'm really looking forward to this film

Edited by bobafett

Why? It looks just as iconic as the rami suit, and hell, at least it doesn't have silver webbing.

In my opinion, the Raimi suit was about as spot-on comic accurate as you are gonna get with a movie. This new suit is a completely new thing with a new design. Made out of basketballs.

Why? It looks just as iconic as the rami suit, and hell, at least it doesn't have silver webbing.

In my opinion, the Raimi suit was about as spot-on comic accurate as you are gonna get with a movie. This new suit is a completely new thing with a new design. Made out of basketballs.

+1. I also thought the Raimi suit was as closest to the comics that you could get in real life. not this abomination of a motocross suit gone bad.

+1. I also thought the Raimi suit was as closest to the comics that you could get in real life. not this abomination of a motocross suit gone bad.

Couldn't have said it better myself. This doesn't look like a Spider-man suit, it looks like a motorcyclist sponsored by Marvel. And by the looks of it, he might even have "Hal Jordan" shoulders that corner off, not carry down. That, with these gloves, possible web-shooters instead of organics, and lack of a belt (not to mention Garfield looking a LOT like a Cullen) are pretty lackluster.

SM3 wasn't great, but like FF2 before it, it was not so bad as to be a franchise killer.

I love USM. Let me say that again. I LOVE USM! So I am really psyched for this movie. If it has anywhere close to similar dialog style to the books, I'll be fine. I just hope we don't have to sit through another origin.

yeah - the organic web & the little finger hairs that helps him stick to walls were taken more from the old SpiderMan 2099 series, weren't they?

I think Gwen looks spot on! I'm a big fan of Emma Stone. Easy A was one of my favourite films last year. Best high-school comedy since Mean Girls. I think she's very funny and hugely sexy, but didn't think she'd have the right look for Gwen. I have been proven wrong. Those pics of her look spot on.

I hope he won't be a angry emo spider-man this time.

It really sucked that he didnt wisecrack in the previous spidey flicks...too damn serious, which is understandible but you can also overdue it, right?

Costume looks great, though :)

Alot better than the silver webs.

:thumbsup:

I hope he won't be a angry emo spider-man this time.

It really sucked that he didnt wisecrack in the previous spidey flicks...too damn serious, which is understandible but you can also overdue it, right?

Costume looks great, though :)

Alot better than the silver webs.

:thumbsup:

I completely agree with you and agree with bobba,I love the suit,and andrew is a great actor!I just hope they dont kill off all the villians and Am I the only one here who likes his hair?

QUOTE (Donny B @ Jan 21 2011, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's a new pic of the full Spidey costume (this time it's a side view):

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=73440

The complaints are going to rise a thousand fold...

spider-man-575.jpg

*sigh*

why does it have stripe down the leg? I'm usually all for embracing change when it comes to movie suits, and thought the first released, frontal shot was great. This, however... looks like a piss take.

Edited by bobafett