UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

First photo of Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man

DaveOMac

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

costume looks awful. I agree with youbastards. I miss Tobey already.

Edited by Webhead

Preferring the darker webbing on this suit. but the following of the muscles is a bit weird.

Just looked at the Hi res pic. Now i'm bit uggh. No belt and the webbing is weird. And are those lumps on his wrists the webshooter nozzles?

Edited by MiniFiend UK

Preferring the darker webbing on this suit. but the following of the muscles is a bit weird.

Just looked at the Hi res pic. Now i'm bit uggh. No belt and the webbing is weird. And are those lumps on his wrists the webshooter nozzles?

That's the big thing for me...no belt. It just looks off. The webbing is a little too hard to see. THere's just too much going on with this one.

Just watched Andrew Garfield in the Social Network last night which is the first time I have seen him in a movie and thought he did a good job in that movie. I really hope this reboot is OK but I will reserve judgement till I see it. It can be difficult sometimes to seperate the reboot of something from something good that came before.

i like this costume better. I never liked the raised silver patterning on the other suit. This is clearly the 'battle-damage' variant. I think the full costume will look great.

EDIT: Just clicked the link. don't mind the lack of belt too much . . . . but the gloves look abit . . . motor-cross like?

Edited by Nessex

I'll admit that they took some major liberties with the suit's design, but otherwise I don't mind Andrew Garfield. For one thing he looks slightly more convincing to me as Peter Parker (compared to Tobey MacGuire anyway), and as gambitron mentioned he was okay in The Social Network.

Breathe, people. It's not 2012 yet :P

Ok this is what I think happened; the people at sony obviously know nothing about marvel(just look at SM 1-3) so they google searched spiderman and gwen stacy and came up with an image from house of M..... I don't see any other logical explination

Now seriously, i can deal with it. To me tobby looked like he was squished in a suit that already made spidey look too big, yes he's strong but he's a scrawny nerd, and andrew can pull off the body, my second big thing that I LOVE is BLACK WEBBING, in the other movies it looked like he had glitter all over him, this costume seems more dark which is what I wanna see. Finally the thing I hate about this costume...its a onesy!

Spidey 1 was a great movie, for a comic adation. 2nd part was nice/ok. 3rd part was really, really bad. So it might be good to start it new.

The suit looks a little bit too much as a weired motorcycle-suit-thingy. I guess he won't get back to Aunt May's appartment and sew that thing himself, right?

IMO they took too much liberty with that costume. It's one of the most iconic costumes ever. It DOES look like a motocross outfit gone bad. His gloves look like bike gloves. If it wasn't battle damaged I'd have guessed it maybe was the wrestling costume. it looks like a bad What If comic.

I'll hold off on Garfield until I see the movie but I agree with the ealier post that Tobey nailed the awkwardness of peter parker and his portrayal of Peter is what made the first 2 movies so good.

But that suit has to go!

If he wants his secret identity to remain a secret, he shouldn't walk around without a mask. Also, it's pretty tough to judge a Spidey costume without a mask. There are some minor changes to the costume that ultimately, to me, don't matter. (At least there is no silver in it.) It's clearly Spider-man. I'm more interested in seeing full Spider-man, with mask, pics and full Peter Parker, no Spider-man costume at all.

...um, to be more clear, not to say I want naked Peter Parker pics. I want pics of Peter Parker fully clothed, just not Spider-man clothed.

Edited by Turtle

I liked Maguire, as well, but also feel the franchise needed a fresh start. I guess changing the suit up is part of that. I just hope the mask looks OK. And ultimately, I hope the movie is good! Doesn't matter what the suit looks like if the movie sucks. Well, apart from those who want a nice Hot Toys figure based on the film.

Thanks! Now while the Spider-man costume suits me just fine, I'm not sure that this version of Peter captures that nerdy, geeky, dorky aspect. He looks too hip and Williamsburgy. Peter needs to be able to rock a sweater vest unironically. I thought in terms of dress and demeanor, Tobey Maguire was a very good Peter. One look and you could tell he was a reserved, shy guy... if you bothered to give him any thought at all. Anyway, it's not the direction I was hoping for, but I'll reserve final judgment until the movie.