UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Games for 2011

neolego

Well, I thought I'd get us a topic on what games we see coming down the pipe. 2011 looks to be a GREAT year in games, maybe one of the best ever. Since we discuss what we ARE playing on the other thread, I figure this gives us a chance to discuss what we WANT to be playing.

So, I'll get started. I have a HUGE list of what I'm looking forward to in the year, but I'll pick a few just to get started.

First off, the 3DS. The hardware looks simply amazing and glasses-less 3D is awesome. Pit that together with Nintendo's own signature software (Mario Kart, Ocarina of Time, Kid Icarus, etc) and it looks like we are going to have a fantastic year. I've always been a handheld gamer and I've every Nintendo system and they still continue to dazzle me. I will say the biggest red flag to the 3DS right now is my iPhone. Never before have I felt that Nintendo had any competition until this generation and more specifically 2010-2011. I have found myself slowly not playing my DS, instead turning to my iPhone. With fun addictive games like Cut the Rope and Peggle and Angry Birds to full fledged games like Ultimate Spider-Man and Nova and then add the fact that my iPhone is ALWAYS by my side, you can see where I've wavered. However, as a gamer, at the end of the day I'm most looking foward to physical buttons. As convinent as it is to have my iPhone at my side ready to play, there is still something important to a hardcore gamer about tactile buttons. Add the layer of 3D which the iPhone cannot do and I believe I'm sold. Of course, at the end of the day it's going to be the software that will make or break the system. If I can pick up most of Gamelofts 3D adventure games or First Person Shooter games for $5 or $6 bucks, it's going to be hard to make the jump to a $40 game unless the content and 3D effect warrant the purchase. At this point I'm extrememly excited about the potential for the 3DS and already have it reserved.....but only the future will tell!

Lastly, there are several key games that I'm really looking forward too. Mass Effect 3, LEGO Star Wars III, LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean, Skyrim and L.A. Noire.

Mass Effect speaks for itself. I'm completely addicted to ME2, although I still haven't beat it yet. But I know I already love it and can't wait for more.

Elder Scrolls Skyrim simply looks AMAZING. Oblivion was great and no one can deny the awesomeness of Fallout 3. The team is back with a brand new engine and it looks fantastic. I do much prefer the sword and fantasy setting to post apocalyptic shooter setting so this is right at the top of my list.

Anyone that knows me, knows I love me some LEGO games. Clone Wars looks great and it will be fun to get my hands on a lightsaber again and I really hope for more flight combat this time around too, it's some of my favorite stuff from the series. However, Pirates holds the most interest for me. I grew up on the classic LEGO Pirates line, so this will be like my childhood come to life and I'm super excited.

Finally, L.A. Noire. Rockstar always has an eye for something great. While they are not developing the game, their support goes a long way. The game looks really cool, I love the atmosphere stuff. I'm keeping my eye on it and hoping that it continues to impress. Best case senario is that we end up with 2011's Red Dead in the style of L.A. Noire........well, let's not count our chickens too soon!

So, what about you guys, 2011 looks stacked. What's on the top of your list? neo

Little Big Planet 2, Skyrim, Arkham City, Portal 2 and any LEGO games that come our way are pretty much the only ones on my radar.

Never got into the first Mass Effect, haven't even tried the 2nd one, so the 3rd one isn't high on my list at all.

And the 3DS doesn't attract much interest from me either. I think its pretty cool that they can get 3D without glasses, but for the most part this 3D gaming stuff is just part of the same fad that James Cameron started and I wish would go away. On top of that Nintendo releases a new DS each year, so its hard to keep up. I can probably skip a generation on the 3DS and get it next year with a bigger screen and a few other features that they "hadn't thought of" this year. Don't get me wrong, I like my DS. It just seems like the Madden of handhelds.

Arkham City. Skyrim. That's the biggest I have for 2011. I think I'm gonna skip LEGO Pirates. I'm gonna wait for Harry Potter 5-7 and then end my LEGO game collection. Of course, they have to announce Potter 5-7 first dangit! :)

Arkham City and Gears of War 3 are high on my list. Too bad both have been pushed back until the fall. On the bright side that gives me some time to play catch up on my existing games B)

-RAGE ( How am I the only person interested by this title???)

-Gears 3

-Forza 4 ( again, am I the only one?)

Skyrim

-ME3, but i am ready to bet $450 dollars (or some other random amount)that it will get pushed back to 2012, any takers?

-The Call of Duty Sledgehammer games project

-Mario Kart 3DS

DC universe online is on my list(and will be for some time <_< )

littlebigplanet 2 (which hits tuesday!! :D )

killzone 3 and that nifty ps move sharpshooter

arkham city (when is this scheduled to hit?)

x-men destiny

MVC3

im SUPER excited about LEGO clonewars, i could never justify buying lego games for ps3 (they are AMAZING but games are expensive :( ) until now, i LOVEEEE clonewars pray that they make DLC!

um....any other comicbook related ps3 games coming out?

Oh yeah, X-Men Destiny sounds great. Activision also announced that NinjaBee will handle all of their future Spider-Man games, so I'm excited about their next game.

As for Rage, wii, it was fun when it was Fallout 3....or Metro 2033.....or Borderlands.........or Fallout New Vegas.... Sorry, but I'm just kinda over with the Post Apocalyptic stuff. I'm not anti Rage, it's just I haven't seen anything too different that says "you have to play this game." I'll keep an eye on it, and at this point that's about all. neo