UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Portrait of an Addiction

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A small update to the review as it has be discovered with the help of Mini_Myte that the hat included in series two is different...it is a reuse of the hat from General Ross while series one used the hat from the DC Blackhawk minimate!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Congrats on the big 300 Jeff. What are you going to do when January 1st rolls around?

Thanks! oh dont you worry there are plans brewing for January 1st ;)

Great stuff Buddy! I know I would never be able to keep this up for more than a few months... congrats on 300, I should have made a Leonidis custom for the 300th review, lol... maybe next yr will be theyear of customs :thumbsup:

Thanks man! Yes a Leonidis custom would have been great for the 300th day...I had thought about doing something different/big for the 300th day but I was short on time to set up some of the more elaborate shots I was planning so I decided to just stick to a regular post especially since it was all reviews of the new M.A.X. wave now.

I am quite happy and even a bit surprised that I have managed to keep this daily for this long, especially now with how busy I am intern teaching. Surprisingly giving Sundays to Kye helped way more then I ever thought it would for my workload.

Congrats on the big 300 Jeff. Way to go. :thumbsup:

And what better place to say.... 3000 posts! Thanks for letting me share this moment in your thread. :biggrin:

Thanks man!! and congrats on your post marker!

and a huge thanks to everyone who has been following the blog and checking it, commenting here or facebook or the blog itself - this project is something for the minimate fans everyone and I am glad people are enjoying it!

and without further ramblings here is todays review of the final M.A.X. series 2 set!

http://portraitofanaddiction.blogspot.com/2011/10/day-301.html

stay tuned for a big post next week about another fun project I have on the go!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Thanks guys, I really dig that I was able to do this...I will get some more pics of the parts I didnt get photos of as well as I have a couple things to add to the display once they arrive. I had to put that shout out to Luke for the dios as I love them and they are really handy and I am all too happy to help increase their exposure. As another aside the blog hit 20,000 hits today, an increase of 10,000 in less than 6 months - all thanks to viewers like you!

Jeff of the Miniacs

• 2 weeks later...

Opening night! Had to give a talk/presentation about our favourite addiction and it was awesome to see the reactions and hear peoples comments on my display, especially since it is really only a fraction of my collection.

Jeff of the Miniacs

Awesome! Congratulations man.

One of my mates has been pestering me to display my collection at the local gallery. You're set up looks cool.

Love to know what the boys over at DST think about their wares making the museum cut!

What was your talk about? I mean I know it was about Minimates, but was it anything specific? And what were some of the reactions/comments?

well I started with a general history of minimates, when they started and how I came across them right up to where they are now how long the Marvel line is running and what my current collection is. This covered pretty much anything and everything I could come up with off the top of my head with some longer detail spent on how the global connections thanks to the internet have really made me part of a worldwide community with this and if not for that I would not have the collection I do. I also talked about a few cool things that have come from me doing this display and of course the blog which many of them were very interested in and one of the ladies on staff at the museum has been reading it faithfully since I told them about it when setting this up. Reactions were very cool - it was an older crowd at the opening so I wasnt expecting much but they were impressed and intrigued by them. By having the BTTF and Ghostbusters in there it was some solid connections and they really took time to look through the whole display. Many came and talked to me afterwards asking about my photography, the blog, if I paint them and so on. All in all it was way more attention then I figured my part would get and it was fun!

Awesome! Congratulations man.

One of my mates has been pestering me to display my collection at the local gallery. You're set up looks cool.

Love to know what the boys over at DST think about their wares making the museum cut!

The boys over at DST are loving it, to the point that they were sending me some posters and then added some control artwork to that package so those will be added to the set up once they arrive. I say you should do a display, this has been so much fun and it's only been around a week and now is when people are going to start going to see it as it will be in the local paper and radio so the word will spread.

I will have more pics to come as I add some stuff to the display so keep an eye out for those!

Jeff of the Miniacs

• 2 weeks later...