UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Portrait of an Addiction

http://portraitofanaddiction.blogspot.com/

This is my blog project for this year, one pic and write up of one new(or new to me) minimate a day for the whole year. Check it out and follow along and see how my collection grows this year. Thanks!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Edited by minijeff

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Damn - that's awesome :)

I tried to something similar last year, but it was hard to get enough toys to evenly cover one a day. I ended up getting 365 toys over 365 days, but there were a few times where the posts were a bit late.

This looks like a fun project to follow man. I'll be sure to check in with it :thumbsup:

Good luck man!

Thanks guys! Nessex it was your project that gave me the idea! Thankfully I have a stock of write ups and photos done in advance plus a little reserve of new to me minimates to open and photo so I can hopefully cover the dry times lol

Jeff of the Miniacs

just looked over your poject very cool ill definatly follow all year

Thanks for all the words of encouragement! As for the compliments on the photography - I love taking pictures and doing small scale/macro pictures is a bit of an obsession of mine so minimates fit right into that. Doing the pics for this blog let me play around with that while I continue building sets and gathering materials to continue my minimate photocomic project I had started in my art class last year!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Well so far so good, I have no officially posted more in this blog then in my first attempt at blogging! lol I am very happy with how this one is going, just a heads up - while I am waiting for some packages int he mail the next while is going to be very ghostbusters flavoured as I have been catching up on them in the downtime

I hope you keep enjoying it and welcome your continued comments!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Hate to double post it but I wanted to make a special shout out to todays post on the blog. Today is the kick off of my catching up on the movie Ghostbusters minimates and I start it off with a special request. It is my son Kyes 8th birthday today and he really likes the Statue of Liberty minimate so I chose to use that one as my blog today for his special day...what he doesn't know yet is that I used his SoL minimate alongside mine in the picture!

again thanks so much to those that are following this project and I hope it keeps you entertained over the course of the year!

Jeff of the Miniacs

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to give a shout out to everyone who has been checking out my blog, commenting on it or to me personally! The number of views this project has been getting is way more that I was expecting and I hope I can keep you guys enjoying the quality pics and little write ups all year long. Cheers to you all and heres to a great year of minimates!!

Jeff of the Miniacs

• 2 weeks later...

SO I just am amazed at the number of hits this project is getting!! As of right now it is sitting at 1598 views in the 24 days since I put it up....was not expecting that kind of traffic on it at all! The bulk of the refers are coming from here which I expected but not far behind is referrals from minimate headquarters!! HUGE thanks to the gang there I had no idea about the link they had posted until I checked the stats counter on the blog and saw a bunch of referrals coming from there and went to see why. Anyways here is todays post!

http://portraitofanaddiction.blogspot.com/.../02/day-34.html

enjoy!

Jeff of the Miniacs

So todays post marks the one month anniversary of this project going live online and I have managed to stay the course of a new post a day for this entire time, despite having a major heath scare with one of my kids and tons of homework for a couple weeks straight. I am pretty proud of this and the fact that it has had over 2000 views in that timeframe!! Thanks everyone who is checking it out and who keeps coming back!

Jeff of the Miniacs

It's been fun to have this to look at each day.

And believe it or not, it helps satisfy my addiction too. Being in Australia, i only get minimates every few months - so your site (along with MMMV MMDB & others) are my methadone while i'm waiting for my next big hit from Lukes :P

Edited by Nessex

• 3 weeks later...

http://portraitofanaddiction.blogspot.com/.../03/day-60.html

Hard to believe we are 60 days into the year already!!

thanks to everyone who is reading/commenting/enjoying and most of all sharing this blog with others! Huge shout out to the guys at Minimate Headquarters - their little link there is bringing in a lot of readers!

Jeff of the Miniacs