UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

X-Men First Class movie minimates

SouthFLGuy

Okay. Enough. I get it. I was the only person in the world who actually liked X3. You can all shut up now. :glare:

I didn't mind it. I also have yet to watch Wolverine.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My one question: Wasn't Emma Frost just a kid in the Wolverine movie which was supposed to be the late 70's, right? or am I just farbot? Or are we ignoring that? Honestly though, if that's the only flubb, so be it.

According to the cast list for X-Men Origins: Wolverine, she was listed as Kayla's Sister/Emma. The only person to refer to her as Emma Frost is Hugh Jackman. So, if a person is having difficulties with continuity, one could argue that Kayla's sister was a different mutant that could turn to diamond. Sure it is a coincidence that two blonde mutants that turn to diamond are named Emma, but it's believable.

Acutally, on imdb.com she is cast as Kayla's sister/ Emma Frost, not just Emma. When you click on Emma Frost on imdb.com, it takes you to a list of movies the character has been and it's Wolverine Origins and X Men First class. So Yeah they are the same Emma not two different mutants.

I was going based off the film's ending credits, which lists her as "Kayla's sister/Emma," and does not specify her as Emma Frost. IMDB is a great resource, but it is run by fans, which can make it inaccurate in many instances, similar to Wikipedia.

It is all a moot point anyhow. What really happened is that the writers/producers for Wolverine wanted to add in Emma Frost for fan purposes. However, they didn't really refer to her as Emma Frost directly, so they decided to reuse her in First Class. Clearly there is an age difference, since Emma is ten years older in First Cl.ass, which takes place ten years prior to Wolverine. In order to justify it in my mind, I just pretend that Emma in Wolverine is not the same person as Emma Frost, since the movie itself does not state it as such.

I find it interesting that IMDB is run by fans I did not know this. However you just said that Wolverine just refered to her as Emma Frost. Second, I didn;t think Emmawas that young in Wolverine Origins she probably coud've been mid 20's. Both refered to as Emma Frost, both blonde, both can turn into diamond. I'm sorry but that fish is a week old I ain't buying it. They are both the same character. I do respect the fact that you have looked at all the evidence that can disprove that they are the same, but I personally see other evidence that proves that they are the same. I'm also assuming that Havok isn't Cyclops's brother in this movie

The movie did not refer to her as Emma Frost, it was Hugh Jackman at Comic Con. Never within the film (or even the ending credits) do they refer to her as Emma Frost, or show her main telepathic ability. Additionally, Tahyna Tozzi (Wolverine Emma) is ten years younger than January Jones (First Class Emma). If Wolverine takes place in the 70's, it makes little to no sense that somebody ten years older would play her in a movie that takes place in the 60's. Despite the fact, I do agree with you to an extent, I was just trying to help some of the other board members iron out continuity, if they so desired. There is obviously just as much evidence justifying both characters as Emma Frost, as evidence denying both characters as Emma Frost. It is all about fan perspective.

First Class is a prequel to the first 3 X-Men movies, and I have a feeling they are completely ignoring Wolverine. I believe Bryan Singer wanted to have Emma Frost in the 3rd X-Men movie, before he left the project, and they changed the storyline to be about the cure.

Edited by Joe Hill

i]First Class[/i] is a prequel to the first 3 X-Men movies, and I have a feeling they are completely ignoring Wolverine. I believe Bryan Singer wanted to have Emma Frost in the 3rd X-Men movie, before he left the project, and they changed the storyline to be about the cure.

To my knowledge, this is correct. Singers first drafts had left Magneto out completely and dealt with the x-Men facing off against the White Queen after she had found and manipulated Jean Grey.

I think he even mentioned Sigourney Weaver as his favourite to play the White Queen (which i personally think would have been freaking AWESOME!).

Alas - when he left for SuperMan, the studios pressured Ratner to bring back Magneto, which is why we got the War/Cure story & why Jean had almost no diologue in the film & why there wasn't much of a reason for her to turn evil other that Xavier stating she'd been like that all along. <_<

If It's a comic tie-in wave (although i know it probably wont be :() it could be awesome. We could get to see some desperately needed X-Men characters like Sebastian Shaw and Banshee as well as modern versions of Havok & White Queen.

If it IS a film based wave, I'm curious about how they'll get an Army Builder into the set . . . maybe they'll skip the idea like they did with the XMOW MiniMates?

To be honest, i think i'd rather skip it in favour of a real character than have some generic cop/soldier/civillian put in as an army builder.

To be honest, i think i'd rather skip it in favour of a real character than have some generic cop/soldier/civillian put in as an army builder.

Perhaps movieverse-based Hellfire goons?

Oh. My. God. What kind of moron am i?

The villains are Shaw & Frost . . . and i didn't think about movie-verse hellfire goons. That's it . . . . i think i need to hand in my x-fan membership badge. i'm not worthy. LOL.

• 2 weeks later...
i wouldn't mind so much if they had made her a fat, obnoxious b!tch like she was when she was first introduced to the comics.

atleast she would have beena ccurate to her character, also anyone know who the swimming guy was (banshee?) and i hate that they show scenes from the old movies, also from the director of one of the most comic accurate movies of all time i expected better

I think the character Cyclops was never given the treatment/respect that he deserved in the X-men trilogy. He is supposed to be the leader of the group but was relegated to a secondary role in the original trilogy and now his character isn't even in the "First Class" movie. What give?

Part of the problem was the surprising popularity of Wolverine/Hugh Jackman and the other part was the casting of James Marsden in the role. Though acting wise he was okay, James seem to be too young for the role and didn't seem to match up maturity wise to Jean Grey/Famke Jamssen.

I just wish the movie rights to the X-men/Wolverine would revert back to Marvel itself before 20th Century Fox alienate the movie audiences from seeing Marvel movies.

The first 2 X-men movies were home runs. With the last X-men and Wolverine movie, they have 2 strikes against them. Hopefully they don't strike out.

Does anyone know if the characters Daredevil or Elekta have reverted back to Marvel? The Daredevil movie was passable but the less said about the Elekta the better.

I think my problem with this movie, based on that trailer, is that it looks like it's gonna be just as good as the first 3.

I like the first 3, quite a bit, but I just think there's a new standard for Marvel movies ever since Iron Man, and the X-Men ones don't stand up. And this just really looks like a montage of scenes that could have come from any of the past 3 X-Men movies (some of which did) just with yellow on their costumes.

Still, I won't complain about getting Minimates. :D

EDIT: Except Magneto. It looks like he got the memo about new Marvel movies, and he's bad ass because of it.

Edited by Shamrock

The trailer creates a problem with Beast similar to the one with Emma.

In X2 there's a scene in a bar, on the TV is a mutant expert (X-pert?) named "Hank McCoy" who is very much not blue and hairy. Yet in First Class we see Hank McCoy turn blue and hairy and he's still blue and hairy in X3

so in addition to their being two blond mutants named Emma who can turn into diamonds there are also two men named "Hank McCoy" you call when you need input on the mutant 'problem' for your television program (not that we see X3 Beast doing such, but he's the President's council on mutants with the voice of Kelsey Grammer, seems like a HUGE get for any Sunday morning news show when the topic is mutants.)

So I think the logic to follow is: if they're part of the plot it's the "real" character, if they're a background character it's a fan shout-out that doesn't matter.

... but yeah, I think I can skip this movie and just see "the Wolverine" instead, it'll probably be just as disappointing, but at least Hugh Jackman's entertaining.

This at the moment looks like a pass for me. Which to be honest is the first comic movie since The Spirit I can say that about.

I like that to me its references the first X-men comic with the missile thing. After that I lose interest to many characters who I know nothing about just make it a bit of a mess.