UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

X-Men First Class movie minimates

SouthFLGuy

Irony: Hulk Vs Wolverine was a better Weapon X story than W:O was.

And really? Unless we're specifically told to, I can't ignore movies in continuity. It's there for a reason, and they can't be explained away through fanfiction. There's the possibility that Beast Machines was all a Quintesson ploy, but that doesn't mean you can just ignore that it happened. Know what I mean?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd go & watch this film just because of Rose Byrne & January Jones......both actresses were superb in Damages & Mad Men respectively.....TBH ,even if they were bad actresses I would still just watch them...... :wub:

I'm slowly catching up with Mad Men... do Jones and Hendricks ever wrestle?

I'd go & watch this film just because of Rose Byrne & January Jones......both actresses were superb in Damages & Mad Men respectively.....TBH ,even if they were bad actresses I would still just watch them...... :wub:

Agree about Byrne, but totally disagree about Jones. Betty Draper's long been the biggest weakness about Mad Men. I've never been able to tell if she's just playing a completely vapid character really well, or if she's just really dull. Maybe X-Men First Class will help me decide!

I concur. Although I do not think I have seen JJ in anything, Rose is great in every aspect. And a big reason I am so looking forward to this movie. She better get a mate out of this! :yes:

And why don't we throw in Zoe Kravitz to round out the hair colors :)

If you're into Rose Byrne, i can recommend Two Hands.

She only has a smallish part in it, but it's an interesting film. I think it was one of her first film roles, actually.

It's a drama set in criminal sydney & was kind of a break-out film for Heath Ledger too.

Anyway - back on track: I'm hoping we get Mates of these characters too, but i'm worried we might not see any with all the Cap A & Thor stuff AA/DST are pumping out.

Okay. Enough. I get it. I was the only person in the world who actually liked X3. You can all shut up now. :glare:

Actually lots of people liked it. The DVD sales did pretty well.

They just did alot of silly stupid things in x-men 3 so they could work around all the actors schedules. That's where comics have a huge advantage, a drawing is always ready to do what you tell it.

My one question: Wasn't Emma Frost just a kid in the Wolverine movie which was supposed to be the late 70's, right? or am I just farbot? Or are we ignoring that? Honestly though, if that's the only flubb, so be it.

According to the cast list for X-Men Origins: Wolverine, she was listed as Kayla's Sister/Emma. The only person to refer to her as Emma Frost is Hugh Jackman. So, if a person is having difficulties with continuity, one could argue that Kayla's sister was a different mutant that could turn to diamond. Sure it is a coincidence that two blonde mutants that turn to diamond are named Emma, but it's believable.

Okay. Enough. I get it. I was the only person in the world who actually liked X3. You can all shut up now. :glare:

it's my favorite out of the 3 aswell so atleast we're together in our shameful little secret

hey no shame in it, I enjoyed that movie and still like to pull it out and give it a watch. Sure there were some things that I thought were off (as a multiple man fan I wasn't fond of the villain role) but much like any other comic based movie I take it all in stride and with a grain of salt :) and I do not bother trying to think that the movies connect, even if they do in some ways...I look at them as stand alone stories then you don't have to try to explain discrepancies.

Jeff of the Miniacs

My one question: Wasn't Emma Frost just a kid in the Wolverine movie which was supposed to be the late 70's, right? or am I just farbot? Or are we ignoring that? Honestly though, if that's the only flubb, so be it.

According to the cast list for X-Men Origins: Wolverine, she was listed as Kayla's Sister/Emma. The only person to refer to her as Emma Frost is Hugh Jackman. So, if a person is having difficulties with continuity, one could argue that Kayla's sister was a different mutant that could turn to diamond. Sure it is a coincidence that two blonde mutants that turn to diamond are named Emma, but it's believable.

Acutally, on imdb.com she is cast as Kayla's sister/ Emma Frost, not just Emma. When you click on Emma Frost on imdb.com, it takes you to a list of movies the character has been and it's Wolverine Origins and X Men First class. So Yeah they are the same Emma not two different mutants.

Acutally, on imdb.com she is cast as Kayla's sister/ Emma Frost, not just Emma. When you click on Emma Frost on imdb.com, it takes you to a list of movies the character has been and it's Wolverine Origins and X Men First class. So Yeah they are the same Emma not two different mutants.

I was going based off the film's ending credits, which lists her as "Kayla's sister/Emma," and does not specify her as Emma Frost. IMDB is a great resource, but it is run by fans, which can make it inaccurate in many instances, similar to Wikipedia.

It is all a moot point anyhow. What really happened is that the writers/producers for Wolverine wanted to add in Emma Frost for fan purposes. However, they didn't really refer to her as Emma Frost directly, so they decided to reuse her in First Class. Clearly there is an age difference, since Emma is ten years older in First Class, which takes place ten years prior to Wolverine. In order to justify it in my mind, I just pretend that Emma in Wolverine is not the same person as Emma Frost, since the movie itself does not state it as such.

Maybe the 'Emma' in XMOW is a sister of Phobe, Mindee, Esme - etc . . .

no - wait . . . we saw them in The Last Stand too, didn't we? Damn.

Even if they were, we're playing continuity police here, so it still wouldn't work. They're names are Sophie, Phoebe, Irma (aka Mindee), Celeste & Esma.

But personally, I'm in the "She's Silver Fox's boring blonde sister whose name just coincidentally happens to be Emma, and whose powers are the same" camp. The way they worked her into Origins was stupid anyway. Better off retconned.

Edited by Gillbob316

Even if they were, we're playing continuity police here, so it still wouldn't work. They're names are Sophie, Phoebe, Irma (aka Mindee), Celeste & Esma.

But personally, I'm in the "She's Silver Fox's boring blonde sister whose name just coincidentally happens to be Emma, and whose powers are the same" camp. The way they worked her into Origins was stupid anyway. Better off retconned.

aye, definitely this

I think based off the promo picture for First Class, they are doing the right thing by retconning. Wolverine Origins Emma was lame.