UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

X-Men First Class movie minimates

SouthFLGuy

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could make due with a Kevin Bacon Sebastian Shaw so its more than just the ladies and troopers with my Hellfire Club.

I had no idea filming was already completed on this, and it has a June release date. Just looked over the cast list on IMDB though and I have to say, although I know this is Xavier's and Magneto's story, I really have no idea how they expect the X-Men characters they selected to support this movie.

Edited by youbastards

Just looked over the cast list on IMDB though and I have to say, although I know this is Xavier's and Magneto's story, I really have no idea how they expect the X-Men characters they selected to support this movie.

Yeah , i was wondering that too! I'm wondering if we'll see something like the 'original' team (Storm, Beast, Cyclops, Jean) missing on a mission a la Krakoa and a new team recruited to rescue/replace them?

Still, It's a bit of a weird mix of x-men/students, isn't it?

Just looked over the cast list on IMDB though and I have to say, although I know this is Xavier's and Magneto's story, I really have no idea how they expect the X-Men characters they selected to support this movie.

Yeah , i was wondering that too! I'm wondering if we'll see something like the 'original' team (Storm, Beast, Cyclops, Jean) missing on a mission a la Krakoa and a new team recruited to rescue/replace them?

Still, It's a bit of a weird mix of x-men/students, isn't it?

From what I understand, this movie takes place chronologically before the first three movies, so this is the "original" team.

From what I understand, this movie takes place chronologically before the first three movies, so this is the "original" team.

Yeah - i thought i remember Xavier saying in one of the other films (probably the first) that Jean, Storm & Cyclops were his first 3 students. . .

Maybe Cyclops, Jean and Storm WERE his first 3 students, but this is the first CLASS?

The discrepancy is easily explained with a line from Xavier like: "Welcome, class. While I have worked with you, and others before you, one-on-one, now it's time for some of us to work together."

...or some such superhero movie dialogue nonsense... ;)

If it was a wave focusing on either finishing teams up/re-doing older minimates or adding NEW never been made into minimates before characters, I'm all for it.

Remake wants:

Colossus (90s)

Mystique

Polaris

Blob (comics)

New mates wanted:

Banshee (90s/GSX)

Forge (90s)

Avalanche

Pyro

Toad

Edited by MST3KFan

Im excited for the movie mostly for the director. I loved Kick-Ass. Let me say it again: I freakin LOVED Kick-Ass. It was fun. It was well directed. Well cast. Honestly I think that this director wouldn't let us down with X-Men.

Also I think that X-Men First Class is not actually a prequel. Like, at all. I think it's a new story, new universe kinda thing. I really want to see this and I hope it doesn't get lost amongst the other superhero movies.

But I REALLY want to know when the trailer is gonna appear. I'll fully reserve judgment until then. I will also reserve excitement on the minimates until then because we have not seen costume designs.

As it is, bring on First Class.

im also reserving my judgment untill i see some footage and at the very least we get some new minimates :D

and that is always a good thing i.m.o.

• 2 weeks later...

New movie image!!!!

Please pardon the quality, I did the capture and upload from my iPhone just now.

It was posted by Millar on his forum if someone wants to use a real PC and grab the full sized pic.

f49bc068.jpg

Why is there no Cyclops in the movie? I thought he was part of the original x-men team...

So was Jean Grey, Iceman, and Angel, but the franchise already screwed around by making Iceman and Angel young kids (as of X1/X3) for some reason.