UA-100768763-1 Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
groundhog7s

Captain America movie Minimates

Yes, that is the plan right now. Fingers crossed that it doesn't get pushed back too far!

*crosses fingers*

No! Don't cross the fingers! The world may explode!

Official image from DST:

cap1.jpg

Modified image I created for my pre-order pages using a Red Skull photo from Toy Fair:

cap2.jpg

2-pack breakdown:

Captain America & Bucky

Captain America & Red Skull

Howard Stark & HYDRA Soldier

Peggy Carter & HYDRA Soldier (variant)

captain americas arms are floating near his body... :blink:

I... uh... I don't want 'em. Give me the beautiful Thor wave. Keep these. I really don't like the Skull...

I don't but movie mates anymore unless its a new character I'm after, or a new look which is iconic/essential (which is decided at my willpower's discretion). These look alright, but the only one I'm actually after is Peggy, maybe a Howard... and an extra to make a Freddie Mercury.

the Cap mates have shown us a couple of new sculpts for chest straps, and I'm surprised these weren't used for the First Class movie mates.

I like the look of these a lot .......I am however a bit confused about Stark ....he looks more like Rhodey's dad than Tony's :blink:

Ha ha ha, exactly what I was just thinking.

I like the look of these a lot .......I am however a bit confused about Stark ....he looks more like Rhodey's dad than Tony's :blink:

Maybe in the movie version, Howard turns out to be a player (much the same way Tony eventually becomes) and it turn out he nailed Rhodey's mom on a drunken sexcapade. That would explain the family resemblance.

he looks more like Rhodey's dad than Tony's :blink:

I read this before seeing the picture and laughed harder then I should have when I saw it, thank you.

Although I just realized: Both Thor AND Cap's movie lines have Iron Man characters in them who are the non-chases while actual characters original to the movies are variants... I really hope they're stand alone movies (and good) and not all set-up for Avengers, I really do. But crap like this makes me really worried.

Cool. I hope that Skull human face is a slip-cover mask.

they look great! is it me or do they seem better quality then the thor mates? bucky looks a little tan but i dont think its as bad as civilian thor, also red skull appears to have a slip on mask which makes the figure much more interesting, i hope he also comes with a 'deflated' version he could hold in his hand, also im hoping he comes with the cosmic cube. Golden age cap has got me super excited to see that costume in the film and dugans face/hat look perfect and im sure he will look great with an extra nick fury body.

all in all it seems this will be a great wave with lots of new sculpts and hopefully good quality figures

I find it interesting that there aren't any character bios on the back.

All classified.

Yippee for Gabe Jones and Dum Dum Dugan! Time to start looking for parts to make the rest of the original Howlers!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy Skull has a normal head/mask!!!!!! I was JUST thinking about that this morning, and we watched The Matrix in my film class today, so this is beyond amazing; i'm loving this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

They all look like the quality is...alright. i'm seeing some interesting colors but i hope it's just reflection and not "bad factory" plastics; these are looking better than Thor as they are, so i hope they come out great.

Can't wait for the singles either, now that Red Skull looks so good as finished. :)

I'm liking how Duggan's bowler hat isn't just a re-use of the C3 Riddler's hat. The fact that his rank stripes are sculpted into his hat make this minimate all the more better. I love attention do detail. :lol:

Edited by MINI_MYTE

I'm liking how Duggan's boulder hat .......

That would be what Fred Flintstone might wear.....that's a bowler or a derby.

Either way I agree with you . ;)