UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Captain America movie Minimates

groundhog7s

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else's Peggy have that mark from the mold, that's usually on the back of the head block, on her face instead? So glad I shelled out variant price for a mate that looks like she was deformed in a freak ice cream scoop accident :angry:

Been there, have it on FA Jean, my favorite character of all time. It's disappointing, but it's really a luck-of-the-draw thing. My Peggy is perfect.

I hate that the gun handles aren't just simple cylindrical pegs that would allow for two-handed handling. I'm still not a fan of the big guns just because they are so limited in how they can be held.

I agree completely. If they were easier to hold I'd probably be a much bigger fan. As it is, they can get pretty awkward at times.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I finally got around to seeing this yesterday. Am I the only one who would rather have had a Tommy Lee Jones Colonel Phillips Minimate than a Harold Stark one?

Ah-HA! I knew there had to be a Cap character left out for so they could make another Iron Man character!

Now we have enough left out characters to make a box set!

-Whiplash Mk.2

-Fandral

-Hogun

-Tommy Lee Jones

get on it DST!

I finally got around to seeing this yesterday. Am I the only one who would rather have had a Tommy Lee Jones Colonel Phillips Minimate than a Harold Stark one?

Agreed! And i'm not unhappy about getting DumDum Dugan... but i don't think he even had any lines... Tommy played a much bigger part & (in movie terms) seems like a bit more worthy of a figure.

For that matter - was Gabe Jones in the film?

Yeah. He was the token black soldier, made the language guy instead of a ex-jazz musician bugeler. Like they made Dino of Asain descent. Must have diversity after all.

Phillips as a character served as a place holder for Steve's first CO, (who's name escapes me) and for Nick Fury. Since SLJ Fury was shown in the present, TLJ got to spout all the classic Fury-esque dialogue back in the Big War. ("Fine, let's go find two more!") So yeah, it's a shame they couldn't find a spot in the line for him.

Ah-HA! I knew there had to be a Cap character left out for so they could make another Iron Man character!

Now we have enough left out characters to make a box set!

-Whiplash Mk.2

-Fandral

-Hogun

-Tommy Lee Jones

get on it DST!

and hawkeye and heimdall and arnim zola...

and hawkeye and heimdall and arnim zola...

Hawkeye will be out next year when Avenger-mates come out. Heimdall is a darn shame and missed opertunity for a cool looking mate. Ditto Hogun and Fandral. Movie Zola... meh. I can live without a little balding scientist. I kept waiting for him to raise his hand so we could see the amulet scars.

They kept Whiplash 2 such a secret that none of the collections got him in time. Kudos for keeping somthing a surprise (all be it a predictable one) in the internet age. But it meant even Hasbro struggled to get the toy on the "shelves". And by on the shelves, I mean as mostly an "internet exclusive" since most brick and mortars never ordered the late, late wave it was included in. But it would have made a sweet mate.

So I had a strange experience yesterday....after my intern orientation I hoped over the the LCS to grab a few mates, including a Cap/Red Skull set for my son. When I gave him the set last night he was thrilled to be expected and was looking it over when I noticed something odd about the back of the package...he turned it over and commented on some of the characters on the back. I looked again at the back and sure enough the packaging was a TRU cap wave package! Now its not a huge deal as the mates were the same in both waves and there was no TRU exclusive stickering but still the fact is that this was bought at my LCS, fresh from the case and the TRUs in Canada dont carry these minimates, or many minimates at all really lol.

Jeff of the Miniacs