UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Captain America movie Minimates

groundhog7s

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My CBS has no CA mates scheduled for next week. Anybody else notice the absence of the RGB minimates from the shipping dates list?

I did not notice that, especially since it says:

06-08-11: Real Ghostbusters minimates series 1 box set

My CBS has no CA mates scheduled for next week. Anybody else notice the absence of the RGB minimates from the shipping dates list?

I did not notice that, especially since it says:

06-08-11: Real Ghostbusters minimates series 1 box set

My bad. Spontaneous blindness is a bitch.

Updated Release Dates at Art Asylum has the Captain America Army Dump and Wave 40 out this week (may 4th). This is the first I've heard of them being out this week. Can anyone confirm?

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2011/04/ship-date-updates/

They are not on my shipping list for this week. I will post here on Thursday if they are on my list for the following week.

Just found TRU's Cap movie wave in Houston.

Since my TRU has been good at getting movie waves I am hoping they get these since the other non-movie waves showing up seem to be hit and miss.

Glad to know these are hitting stores. Kind of lame to think how long ago we got packaging pics of Wave 10 and they still aren't in stores but it has been about the normal time for the Cap wave between getting pics and them showing up.

I called the toysrus near me here in wisconsin, and they said they have them in stock, but are not allowed to sell them or put them out till the 16th.? :mellow: Never heard of this policy at toysrus before---maybe its a new thing.

Edited by mav-man

I called the toysrus near me here in wisconsin, and they said they have them in stock, but are not allowed to sell them or put them out till the 16th.? :mellow: Never heard of this policy at toysrus before---maybe its a new thing.

Thats pretty common here in Australia, TRU (and target) are doing at the moment for the Transformers 3 stuff so as not to spoil the movie. In a toy store I worked at many moons ago there were penalties in place if you sold items before the "street date" which was for the phantom menace toys. It was a huge fine but i doubt TRU would do that.

Thats pretty common here in Australia, TRU (and target) are doing at the moment for the Transformers 3 stuff so as not to spoil the movie. In a toy store I worked at many moons ago there were penalties in place if you sold items before the "street date" which was for the phantom menace toys. It was a huge fine but i doubt TRU would do that.

I remember a friend of mine finding an endcap full of the Transformers Animated toys, which were brand new at the time. He took a couple up to the register, but they'd apparently been put out by mistake, so they wouldn't sell 'em to him. He was not happy.

Street dates are pretty common in most other industries; honestly, I think one of the BIG things missing from the toy collecting game is not having any idea when to expect things to be in stores. I suppose that would just give the scalpers the edge, though....

The entire wave is now up on TRU.com

who needs sleep when you have minimates. :lol:

Thanks! I ordered one of each exclusive. I'd much rather give Luke my business than buy the regular releases from tru.

I tend to agree with you, but I think "Golden Age" Cap and Dugan may be among the more desirable figures from that line. And they're only being released as TRU exclusives, unless I'm mistaken. They could be an exception to the general rule.

Minimurphy's Law= All Marvel Movie Minimates are produced in excessive numbers,peg-warm & eventually get given away..................

..........until you decide to not to bother getting them until they peg-warm & then find out that that decision coincided with a decision from DST to cut back on numbers.

This TRU wave is perhaps ,for me, the best looking Wave in some while.

I remember a friend of mine finding an endcap full of the Transformers Animated toys, which were brand new at the time. He took a couple up to the register, but they'd apparently been put out by mistake, so they wouldn't sell 'em to him. He was not happy.

Street dates are pretty common in most other industries; honestly, I think one of the BIG things missing from the toy collecting game is not having any idea when to expect things to be in stores. I suppose that would just give the scalpers the edge, though....

That sounds like someone who worked at the store saw that they were captain america, and tossed them with the Hasbro captain america toys. Those ones are street dates, the minimates are not.