UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Captain America movie Minimates

groundhog7s

Some of the white print on the blue of Cap looks a little . . . thin? The eyes & eye-holes don't seem to line up too well either, but that's something that can be fixed with a little blu-tak. All in all, it's a pretty good looking wave. Can't wait for dumdum & gabe. I think they're actually two of the best looking figures in the wave.

EDIT: Typo.

Edited by Nessex

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm liking how Duggan's boulder hat .......

That would be what Fred Flintstone might wear.....that's a bowler or a derby.

Either way I agree with you . ;)

Fixed. What would I do without my walking, breathing dictionary? :lol:

These are looking really good!

A little better than the Thor wave actually...IMO

Red Skull having a slip over mask (I believe)is a pleasant surprise.

BTW Are the single packs coming out soon

because awhile back I thought I heard it'd be in April?

It's funny, every time a movie wave gets announced I feel more annoyed than anything else due to the constant character repeats, and yet when the release gets closer I start getting really excited for them, and this wave is no different. I'm really looking forward to the army builders also, when are they finally going to reveal the Red Skull from the single packs?

Nice find, GH! Despite the obvious tan these 'mates appear to be sporting, no doubt due to the sunny European climate, I'm anticipating this wave more than any other right now.

Wow, Mid-May through Mid-June is going to be busy if all of this hits at the same time:

- Captain America (Specialty)

- Captain America (TRU)

- X-Men First Class (TRU)

- Sony Playstation Wave 1 (TRU)

- Halo Wave 2 (TRU)

- Halo Boxset 2 (Specialty)

And we still have the following that haven't shipped yet:

- Marvel Wave 10 (Packaged images were shown February 2nd, the same time as Wave 38, Excalibur, Thor Army Dump, Thor TRU, and Thor Specialty...were TRU Wave 10 intentionally delayed to allow for more TRU Wave 9 to ship to stores?)

- Captain America Army Builders (Packaged images have not been shown)

agreed its nice to get more than just battle damaged versions or ones with sunglasses, also anyone else find it odd that theres only 1 thor in the thor wave but 2 caps in the captain america wave?

agreed its nice to get more than just battle damaged versions or ones with sunglasses, also anyone else find it odd that theres only 1 thor in the thor wave but 2 caps in the captain america wave?

What more Thors could you want though? I mean, he really only has two looks for the film: Civilian and "Thor." That other version with the blue hammer is barely a variation...

Cap and Iron Man on the other hand have like 3 costumes each: Battlefield Cap, "War" Cap, USO Cap, and then Mks IV-VI for Stark, and all the variations are very noticeably different.

Packaging pics look great and i'm very excited for Peggy Carter...but am i the only one seeing bad plastic?? :confused: i hope i'm wrong...

What more Thors could you want though? I mean, he really only has two looks for the film: Civilian and "Thor." That other version with the blue hammer is barely a variation...

Cap and Iron Man on the other hand have like 3 costumes each: Battlefield Cap, "War" Cap, USO Cap, and then Mks IV-VI for Stark, and all the variations are very noticeably different.

Packaging pics look great and i'm very excited for Peggy Carter...but am i the only one seeing bad plastic?? :confused: i hope i'm wrong...

i didnt mean to say i thought this was a bad thing im just surprised we didnt see civilian thor in the specialty store wave and that glowing blue hammer thor (which im actually excited about) in the TRU wave

i didnt mean to say i thought this was a bad thing im just surprised we didnt see civilian thor in the specialty store wave and that glowing blue hammer thor (which im actually excited about) in the TRU wave

I'm thinking that Thor is being saved for an eventual boxset with Fandral, Hogun, and Heimdall (hopefully); that, at least, is my wish!!

Nice find, GH! Despite the obvious tan these 'mates appear to be sporting, no doubt due to the sunny European climate, I'm anticipating this wave more than any other right now.

Wow, Mid-May through Mid-June is going to be busy if all of this hits at the same time:

- Captain America (Specialty)

- Captain America (TRU)

- X-Men First Class (TRU)

- Sony Playstation Wave 1 (TRU)

- Halo Wave 2 (TRU)

- Halo Boxset 2 (Specialty)

And we still have the following that haven't shipped yet:

- Marvel Wave 10 (Packaged images were shown February 2nd, the same time as Wave 38, Excalibur, Thor Army Dump, Thor TRU, and Thor Specialty...were TRU Wave 10 intentionally delayed to allow for more TRU Wave 9 to ship to stores?)

- Captain America Army Builders (Packaged images have not been shown)

Don't forget to add the Calico Jack Pirates to that list. DST answered my CJ shipping question on their FB page and they said that they would be released VERY SOON.

As for the CA moviemates, I say they look to be made from the "good" plastic. So I guess we'll be seeing the army builder singles sometime this week on the AA blog. How exciting.

im going to assume there will be a captain america TRU wave 2 aswell then, i mean if wolverine, ironman 2 AND thor all get a 2nd wave of TRU mates than im guessing so does captain america....i hope.

Don't forget to add the Calico Jack Pirates to that list.

I was just listing the products that have been formally announced on the Art Asylum blog with solicitation pix. Since the CJ pirate ship is just now being solicited in Previews, I'm guessing the CJ TRU line will still be at least 2-3 months out.

Real Ghostbusters, too, we still haven't seen any formal solicitation for the TRU waves, just the specialty boxset.

Don't forget to add the Calico Jack Pirates to that list.

I was just listing the products that have been formally announced on the Art Asylum blog with solicitation pix. Since the CJ pirate ship is just now being solicited in Previews, I'm guessing the CJ TRU line will still be at least 2-3 months out.

Real Ghostbusters, too, we still haven't seen any formal solicitation for the TRU waves, just the specialty boxset.

I predict the CJ line will so up all of a sudden just like the MAX mates did. Lurch77 had them in hand before DST even showcased these on the AA blog. I believe DST's "very soon" answear and I think we will see these released just before or just after the release of the next POTC film.

Cesium Salami is the first to report finding the TRU Vehicles wave on 8/11/2010.

Lurch posted his M.A.X. review on 9/20/10.

Art Asylum posted the preview pix of M.A.X. wave 1 in the 9/30/10 blog.

Onyx_6 was the first to report finding M.A.X. Wave 1 in stores on 10/22/10, almost a month to the day after Lurch's post.

I would love for these to be sooner rather than later, but with all of the formerly announced product on the boats already, I'm guessing the earliest these will hit retail is July.

Edited by youbastards

I'm starting to get a little worried for the missing Thor mates, I'm hopeing for a wave 2 at toys r us or box set

There's also the Avengers movie next year so I'm guessing we'll see a re-release of all the movie characters again: Hulk, Iron Man, Thor & Captain America. Hopefully they don't load us up with the variants just yet; I don't need a "hospital gown Thor" variant :blink:

As for Calico Jack, it would be a good idea to have those out while Captain Jack is in the theatres ;)