UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Captain America movie Minimates

groundhog7s

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbsup:

"The winner of the DST FB contest for which SB trailer was cooler, Thor or Cap is Kevin Shaw!

Kevin you win your pick of the Thor movie test prototype OR original MM art for Dum Dum from the Cap movie line.

Make your pick and email us your address before Chuck sees this and finds out I gave his stuff away!

Congrats!"

Edited by youbastards

Based on that, Dugan appears close enough to his comic counterpart to be displayed as such--just like General Ross. I hope the colors are comic-esque.

Edited by karamazov80

Looks like we're getting a Dum Dum minimate

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?f...170392609671671

Dang - i was gonna wait till i got to work to post this. Good news waits for no mortal.

Nice find :thumbsup:

Captain America & The Red Skull

Bucky & Arnim Zola

Nick Fury & Hydra Agent

Dum Dum Dugan & Hydra Agent

Not quite so left-field now is it !

Since we are already getting an army builder dump of Hydra agents, i think i'd rather be seeing some other army builder for the main LCS wave. Perhaps some Us soldiers to back up Cap? or maybe even some cute little WWII nurses?

EDIT: Typo

Edited by Nessex

This is going to be difficult ....however.....if this is going to be movie-based then we're not going to get a Sgt.Fury & his Howling Commandos although if we do, then I,for one, would applaud the brave gesture although it would be cynically anachronistic. If we were to have Sgt.Fury & his Howling Commandos in an accurate comic wave then again I would absolutely bloody love it but it would confuse the hell out of anyone younger than about 30 . I love Jackson as Fury but I also love the cigar-smoking white guy I grew up with in the comics & it would be difficult to explain how 40 years later he grew up into a black guy :D Tough call.

Edited by buttheadsmate

Even if the colours are the more muted 'real-world' movie colours . . . the sculpt will have been done and it's likely that we can just get a recoloured one in a comic wave (which would make me happy-happy joy-joy)

Now that I know who the characters are in the movie I would say that the characters we'll get will perhaps be something like this:

Captain America & The Red Skull

Bucky & Arnim Zola

Nick Fury & Hydra Agent

Dum Dum Dugan & Hydra Agent

Having seen what's on offer now as Cap Moviemates (Toy Fair thread pics) I'm pretty pleased with what looks like the line-up although my guess for Zola cocked up my prediction enough to make it all look pretty obvious now.

The African American GI in the pictures ain't Gabe Jones & surely must be young Sgt.Fury & that is astonishing bearing in mind integration wasn't introduced into the US armed forces until 1948.

Sad fact .......

In 1963 ,despite everybody, including the comic's colorist Stan Goldberg, knowing that Gabe Jones was African American,Sgt.Fury & His Howling Commandos #1 was published with Jones the same colour as the rest of the Howling Commandos because somebody at the printers thought a mistake had been made.

Edited by buttheadsmate

So according to this pic, it looks like the Captain America movie mate will be series 40 pushing the Bulk wave to wave 41. The card on the lower right of the pic indicates this.

DSCN2087.JPG

It also appeasrs that the case breakdown will be as follows:

Specialty Store cases:

Captain America with Red Skull

Bucky with Soldier Cap

Peggy Carter with Hydra Soldier

Howard Stark with Hydra Soldier

(One of which will be the variant)

The TRU wave looks to be the following:

Captain America with Red Skull

Bucky with Soldier Cap

USO Captain America with Dum Dum (exclusive)

Sgt Fury? with Hydra Flammer (exclusive)

Awesome. Those little cards always help so much. I'm very, very excited for these.

Edit: I just noticed the new glove/shield strap piece. That's a neat little piece. They've come a long way since the little cuff-n-peg.

Edited by Turtle

So according to this pic, it looks like the Captain America movie mate will be series 40 pushing the Bulk wave to wave 41. The card on the lower right of the pic indicates this.

DSCN2087.JPG

It looks like the Bulk wave is now wave 38 due in April

http://toyfair11.asmzine.com/gallery/diamo...ys/IMG_7269.jpg