UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Captain America movie Minimates

groundhog7s

I'm puzzled by them not revealing Red Skull, I get that they don't want the minimate to scoop them on his appearance before they show actual film photos or footage, but I don't get why he's under wraps from the film. I mean, it's pretty obvious what he's going to look like, some sort of modified military uniform and a red skull for a head. Considering how much has appeared online from the film, I'm surprised by the secrecy surrounding this character.

It's not always a logical thing. When we were working on the X3 Minimates we were told in NO uncertain terms that we could not show Dark Phoenix or allude to her in any way shape or form because they didn't want to "ruin the surprise" of the movie. Seriously? You spent two movies building up Phoenix into this huge storyline and then you think Dark Phoenix is going to catch ANYONE by surprise? Eh, studios...

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not 100% on board with these (though I suspect they will look better in person, as they usually do), but I agree there's some very nice customizing options with these. Dr Mid-Nite is a great call; I made one a few years ago using Racer X's head, but I've never been satisfied with it and would be glad to replace it. I also think that, by combining some of these guys pieces, you could put together a pretty nice Snake Eyes.

- Heavy Assault I have friggin guns as hands Hydra Agent
I think i read somewhere that he's a Flame-thrower Hydra Agent?

I think lastweaponmaster posted this link earlier:

http://www.toychestnews.com/default.asp?t=...104597&ssd=

I have waited so long for a Minimate with guns for hands. So very long...

Also, you could use those chest straps for the Winter Soldier (dammit, make the Winter Soldier already, DST!)

Well - they ARE releasing Winter Soldier in the Cap A 3.75" line - maybe he'll be made in MiniMate form to?

EDIT: Sorry - Winter Soldier is part of the 'Comic' wave from the Cap A Figures. http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=13811 - with the busy movie-mate schedule, i don't know that we'll be getting many complimentary comic waves this year :(

Edited by Nessex

Red skull looks PERFECT! I foresee this movie being one of my favorite comic movies.

Same here, I just don't get WTH they're hiding skull face from us...

Same here, I just don't get WTH they're hiding skull face from us...

This was from the Advertisment that premiered during the SuperBowl, right?

Perhaps they were saving the reveal for a big event like the SB? Or maybe they got a discount on advertising during SB if they promised a big reveal?

by the pic they showed, they arnt hiding anything

Agreed. I mean, yea we knew it was gonna be a "skin mask" instead of a skull-helmet (good call, actually), but did they have to show the big reveal in the 32-second trailer?? i mean, sure, show a clip OF the Skull, but not the key moment...just my opinion.

by the pic they showed, they arnt hiding anything

Agreed. I mean, yea we knew it was gonna be a "skin mask" instead of a skull-helmet (good call, actually), but did they have to show the big reveal in the 32-second trailer?? i mean, sure, show a clip OF the Skull, but not the key moment...just my opinion.

i kinda felt the same, ofcourse anyone who doesnt follow fan sites or isnt a comic fan (just IMO) may disregard that scene and not even realize what it is (it happens rather fast) so for all the secrecy behind the character this seems like a huge kick in the stomach for his big reveal. though...hopefully it will mean more mate pics soon? :P

The trailer looks good, but you can tell from the first teaser they put together that this movie is just going to be the Iron Man film formula but with Captain America. I'm not saying that is a bad thing and I will probably enjoy it, but I was just hoping for a more epic feel from this movie, like the vibe that I'm getting from Thor.

I guess I was hoping for more of a Saving Private Ryan feel from this...but then again they would have cast a completely different actor for Cap if that was the goal, so I should have seen it sooner.

Not disappointed, just appropriately adjusting my expectations.

That said, Red Skull looks great!

The trailer looks good, but you can tell from the first teaser they put together that this movie is just going to be the Iron Man film formula but with Captain America. I'm not saying that is a bad thing and I will probably enjoy it, but I was just hoping for a more epic feel from this movie, like the vibe that I'm getting from Thor.

I guess I was hoping for more of a Saving Private Ryan feel from this...but then again they would have cast a completely different actor for Cap if that was the goal, so I should have seen it sooner.

Not disappointed, just appropriately adjusting my expectations.

That said, Red Skull looks great!

oh me too, whenever I've thought about this film, its been 'Saving Private Ryan meets superheroes' in my head... I've not really any idea why I managed to get that lodged in there... did someone involved in the project say this early on or something?

That said, I thoroughly enjoyed that very brief trailer, and have v.high hopes for the film. I genuinely think Cap is the hardest of the Avengers to accurately translate to film, finding a balance between ballsy OTT heroics and gritty WWII realism... or something.

... I'm still more excited about Thor... Shakespearian superheroes!