UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Secret Santa sign up and rules

Here's how it's gonna work gang:

To participate, please email reideen1313@yahoo.com the following form with Minimate Multiverse Secret Santa Info as the title (so it doesn't go into my spam folder). This form MUST be submitted no later than 10/31/06 to participate. Names will be distributed the first week of November.

Minimate Multiverse forum name:

Email address you can be contacted at:

Name you want packages sent to:

Address to ship to:

Special shipping instructions (if any):

Are you willing to be a backup volunteer?

Anyone you DON'T want to be assigned to? (I don't care why and won't tell anyone you opted not to get - it would just be nice to know in advance and avoid any potential issues.)

Items you're interested in receiving?

Any other notes/special info you feel we need to pass on to your Santa?

The Rules

The items should be sent no later than the 10th of December. This would allow time for holiday mail (and allow us time to circle the wagons to cover any problems that may pop up). Hopefully everyone would have their item(s) by Xmas.

We will try to have US members send to US members and UK members send to UK members. This will cut down not only on shipping time but additonal costs as well. Please be aware, there is a possibility we may have an odd number of participants from either side of the pond, so you may need to send to a foreign member. Every attempt will be made to avoid this, but things happen. If this is a problem, and you absolutely cannot send overseas, please make note of this in your email sign up.

Identity of the sender:

You do not tell people who you got until the final reveal on 12/30/06, or until the person guesses correctly, which ever comes first.

NO trading! You send to the person you're assigned.

Receivers can start guessing the sender as soon as they receive their item(s).

Obviously, if you participate you must send an item.

Regarding non-sending

If you have signed up, and you find you can't fulfill your obligation to send a gift to the other member, be it for financial reasons, health problems, time constraints, or whatever other reasons there might be, it's ok. I understand - things happen. Please, all I ask is that you let us know as soon as possible. I would like to have some volunteers to be backups - so we can get members reassigned and gifted - preferably before Christmas.

I intend for there to be NO disappointments in this, even if it means I send the stuff myself. (Please don't make me do this, I'm paying off my wife's college and I've got 5 children...) I won't be pissed unless you just don't do anything without notifying me or a staff member. If you drop the ball you will not be allowed to participate next year and it will be noted in the master feedback list. As I said before, Ady has created a great forum here. As members, we've made this a great community. I want all the members to be able to have faith in one another, and depend on each other to fulfill our obligations.

No maximum dollar limit for the sender - if someone wants to spend lots of $$ on their person, so be it. However, we will have a minimum $$ amount of $10.00 or whatever is equivilent in your country's currency.

Each participant should give a list of items they are interested in - that way everyone isn't looking for Martian Manhunter/Gold Spidey mates. Also, if there's something you don't want (Nervous' Spawn example springs to mind) they should state that as well.

Keep it PG-13. No Full Monty 'mates.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In addition to the question above.

Does the $10.00 limit include shipping? So a 2 pack of minis falls short because they're $5.99/$7.99 retail (Target/Specialty). Even a legends fig is about $8.00. While, I can cover $10.00, I'm just wondering about others. Plus not everyone has a TRU nearby for 4 packs.

Edited

Does the $10.00 limit include shipping? So a 2 pack of minis falls short because they're $5.99/$7.99 retail (Target/Specialty). While, I can cover $10.00, I'm just wondering about others. Plus not everyone has a TRU nearby for 4 packs.

That'd be me who's got no TRU.

are there requirements to be included in this?, i know there was talk of a minimum post count or time being a member of this board. -M

Nope, just send the above email. Obviously someone with zero posts, zero feedback and the like may be contacted for some kind of reference (ebay ID or something)

Does the $10.00 limit include shipping? So a 2 pack of minis falls short because they're $5.99/$7.99 retail (Target/Specialty). Even a legends fig is about $8.00. While, I can cover $10.00, I'm just wondering about others. Plus not everyone has a TRU nearby for 4 packs.

Edited

Excluding shipping I would presume, hence the plan to try and tie up Uk with UK and US with US

Edited

Excluding shipping I would presume, hence the plan to try and tie up Uk with UK and US with US

Personally, I'd think that 2 MM packs being $5.99 each would count. Also, I would also assume a ML fig at $8.99 + tax would qualify. Let's not split hairs people. Target range of $10. flaa short, thats okay. decide to go over, thats okay. Just aim for that.

I may have missed it, but what eboug financial help? Like if some one is seriously short on cash, but they still want to do it. Do we help them out, or do we just give them one of our "spare gifts" to send? Every Secret Santa I've been in has had a small stockpile in case there was an odd number or some one cant cover themselves. Just a thought.

What if you get a person, and the items on their list that they like, you just can not find?

I know the shops around here have been VERY slow on putting out new items, or any items at all really.....I would hate to have someone interested in something and I can't find anything.

I would like to suggest maybe have a top ten list, or a small list but also add some vague items like just minimates, or if someone is into Miniatures games, putting a certain game (Star wars minis, Heroclix) that way for something like that, we could get some Mate 2 packs, or a couple of boosters of a certain game or what not, or maybe even Trade paper backs of a certain character or universe. Still getting something they enjoy, but something that isn't specific

I have a small issue. I REALLY want to do this, but I'm afraid i will not be able to get what the person wants, and I don't want to leave them dissapointed (though I know its the thought that counts, assuming there IS thought) If I try, and realize I 100% CANNOT do this, can I just inform someone to help me out, and pay that someone what I owe them for the gift later?

I have a small issue. I REALLY want to do this, but I'm afraid i will not be able to get what the person wants, and I don't want to leave them disapointed (though I know its the thought that counts, assuming there IS thought) If I ttry, and realize I 100% CANNOT do this, can I just inform someone to help me out, and pay that someone what I owe them for the gift later?

This question has been asked several times.

What I'd like to see happen is this. In the sign up form, there's a question that asks if you'll be willing to be a backup volunteer. What this means is, if someone runs into an issue - lay off, car problem, illness, whatever - and are not able to come thru on their end of things, we'll be able to draw from a pool of volunteers who would be willing to send a secret santa gift to a 2nd member. This way we can make sure everyone is covered. I tried to cover this in the section below, but maybe I wasn't clear - or people just haven't read the damn thing.... ;)

Regarding non-sending

If you have signed up, and you find you can't fulfill your obligation to send a gift to the other member, be it for financial reasons, health problems, time constraints, or whatever other reasons there might be, it's ok. I understand - things happen. Please, all I ask is that you let us know as soon as possible. I would like to have some volunteers to be backups - so we can get members reassigned and gifted - preferably before Christmas.

I intend for there to be NO disappointments in this, even if it means I send the stuff myself. (Please don't make me do this, I'm paying off my wife's college and I've got 5 children...) I won't be pissed unless you just don't do anything without notifying me or a staff member. If you drop the ball you will not be allowed to participate next year and it will be noted in the master feedback list. As I said before, Ady has created a great forum here. As members, we've made this a great community. I want all the members to be able to have faith in one another, and depend on each other to fulfill our obligations.

Keep in mind, items need to be sent no later than 12/10/06 - this is to allow for holiday mail and to give us time to cover for anything that comes up out of the blue.

Hope this clears some of the confusion up.

are there any in the rules?

No

So No.

Although if you participate and fail to meet your obligations, or it appears you knew in advance that there was no way you would meet them you will not be looked upon in a good light. And I can be a harsh man when it comes to punishement. So only sign up IF YOU CAN ACTUALLY SEND A PACKAGE

(gah, why is this thread stressing me out)

I think the only reason we have so many questions, is because we really want to do this, but we don't want to screw up.......so we all want to cover all the possibilities :)

precisely.

I think loose minimates would be fine as gifts... but that's just me.

Keep in mind, items need to be sent no later than 12/10/06 - this is to allow for holiday mail and to give us time to cover for anything that comes up out of the blue.

Shouldnt that be 10/12/06 since its already passed your date :P I mean I know what you mean by the date as everyone does it differently... but for us people who do it the other way its the Tenth of the twevlth in december :P

I am correct arent I?

cheers,

Totalus

Shouldnt that be 10/12/06 since its already passed your date :P I mean I know what you mean by the date as everyone does it differently... but for us people who do it the other way its the Tenth of the twevlth in december :P

I am correct arent I?

cheers,

Totalus

US Date 12/10/06 as its MM/DD/YY

UK Date 10/12/06 as its DD/MM/YY

You crazy americans and your wierd dates! :P

Yep. Totally my fault. :P I really should have spelled it out - I forgot about members who list the day before the month. (I've never understood the reason for that - is there one, or is it just the way it's always been done? Listing it month, day, year seems logical to me, rather than day, month, year, but that could be my upbringing - or lack thereof....)

Yep. Totally my fault. :P I really should have spelled it out - I forgot about members who list the day before the month. (I've never understood the reason for that - is there one, or is it just the way it's always been done? Listing it month, day, year seems logical to me, rather than day, month, year, but that could be my upbringing - or lack thereof....)

The whole of the world outside of the US does it the DD/MM/YY way... so does the American Military!

confused the hell out of me when I first moved here.... you'd be horrified by the amount of paperworkI probably screwed up!

T.

I constantly screw it up. It just makes more sense. Days are smaller than Months, Months are smaller than Years. It's just logical to go in assending order.

I don't know. Some of America's things are screwy. We should use the metric system just like every one else. :P

I constantly screw it up. It just makes more sense. Days are smaller than Months, Months are smaller than Years. It's just logical to go in assending order.

I don't know. Some of America's things are screwy. We should use the metric system just like every one else. :P

Ass-ending - as in backwards? :D Or did you mean 'ascending' as in moving upward (from smaller to larger)? (Normally I hate to be the spelling police, but this one was too funny to pass up. :D )