UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Target Nightcrawler and his legs...

AdyCarter

so you just spray it in the socket? doesn't that wear away the other paint as well?

When the WD-40 activates the paint, you need to rub very hard to get the paint to come off. You can rub the hip ball and some of the paint will come off. Just don't rub hard on the other painted surfaces. Wash off after you free the legs.

First all white pieces with the colors painted on (am I the only customizer who misses the pieces being different base colors?), and now faulty plastic?

What's goin' on here, guys?

Hmmm... My Target mates are high quality plastic with different base colors. Same with my new SF2 mates.

My original SF2 mates were white plastic painted. And the plastic felt cheap. I wonder if they are doing different production methods for the same line?

What a piece of crap. Both legs snapped right off. AA, you are screwed once again. Kids will never buy these again after having parts break so easily, right out of the box.

What a piece of crap. Both legs snapped right off. AA, you are screwed once again. Kids will never buy these again after having parts break so easily, right out of the box.

I suppose we should thank God that it's his legs and not Wolvie's. He's in every pack.

I barely played with my Nightcrawler since the I've been playing with the TRU packs. But yes, mine were stiff too. I took off the lower torso and I held it under hot water (the hottest I could take before burning myself) for a little bit. While under the running water, I gently moved the legs in a motion of toes-pointing-towards-body and toes-pointing-away-from-body. One leg was stiffer than the other so I slowly increased how much force I was moving the leg. Eventually I got it so I could get the full range of motion of the legs and taking them off were not as easy as other minimates, which is probably due to the paint on the ball joints. I got them out fine. You might hear a snap when movement starts, though, but it's just a stiff joint/peeling some of the paint off in the ball joint snap. Although it could be a joint-snapping-off snap...

Better Idea:

Use a Blow Dryer.

My Astnonishing Cyclops (And TONS of other toys in the past, minimates to heroclix to marvel legends) have had stiff, popped open, or awkwardly bent joints, and this is a method I swear by.

Blow dryers get'em good and hot, good and fast without reaching a melting point, or getting toys wet.

I've had Marvel Legends that came with their hands fastened on backwards (or not at all) before, just softened'em up, popped'em off, and right back on again.

This also works good for softening up the paint on painted shut joints.

Works like a charm everytime.