UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Target Nightcrawler and his legs...

AdyCarter

Mine broke completely off. The peg itself got broekn from the pelvis. But I managed to superglue it on. So far its holding up. It's not that all bad since I got an original Giant Size Nightcrawler. What is the problem though. Is the paint seeping in and hardning inside the joint. Cus thats what it looked like to me.

It's happened to me, too. And now I have a second which I've barely touched out of fear. Any advice for wiggling his legs loose?

Some have suggested freezing, some have suggested running under water.

I suggested not moving him, I hardlt touched mine and both legs fell claan off.

I barely played with my Nightcrawler since the I've been playing with the TRU packs. But yes, mine were stiff too. I took off the lower torso and I held it under hot water (the hottest I could take before burning myself) for a little bit. While under the running water, I gently moved the legs in a motion of toes-pointing-towards-body and toes-pointing-away-from-body. One leg was stiffer than the other so I slowly increased how much force I was moving the leg. Eventually I got it so I could get the full range of motion of the legs and taking them off were not as easy as other minimates, which is probably due to the paint on the ball joints. I got them out fine. You might hear a snap when movement starts, though, but it's just a stiff joint/peeling some of the paint off in the ball joint snap. Although it could be a joint-snapping-off snap...

I tried to move my Nightcrawler's legs today and ended up breaking one. I played a bit with it and loosened up one leg pretty easily. The other one was not moving and took a lot of work before I got it to move. Unfortunately the leg that I got loose right away broke as soon as I moved it again :( I just did a quick little repaint of a black waist/hip piece and replaced the upper part of the leg that had the ball joint stuck in it with another black upper leg and it looks just fine.

If you guys keep broken Minimates (or ones without moving legs), you're going to give AA the impression that what they're doing is OK. Take that garbage back to Target and keep exchanging them until you get a pack that is decent. I know that you want to support the line, but these QC issues have been around for the last couple of waves and are (obviously) only getting worse. Maybe if Target has to return hundreds of defective boxes of Nightcrawlers, then they could influence AA to get their shit together or find another mass market retailer to sell their junk. As much as it pains me to say it, I'd rather not buy anymore Minimates than collect these crappy, cheap imitations of Minimates...