UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thor movie minimates

minijeff

I second your disappointment, but I can't say I can't believe it, this is definitely not the first time they've failed to capitalize on an opportunity to strike while the iron is hot. They can sure shake a leg when there's a chance to release a boxset of nothing but repaints (X-Force, FF) but they seem to be perpetually out of time when it comes to characters the fans actually want.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaaaaggggh! Sucks! That's really lousy planning, considering Borders has been foundering for almost a year. C'mon DST, if you're going to slate an exclusive that may not be a sure bet, don't make it two thirds of a fan favorite trio! Powered Up Thor and an Asgardian Guard or Final Battle Loki would have made much more sense for a non-toy-focused-retailer exclusive anyway.

Grrr...

What was the point of the Civilian Thor/Asgardian Guard TRU Two-pack, then?

Releasing multiples of the primary character is an old stand-by. It could have been worse, though. The Wolverine: Origins line had, what, 6 different Logans? :lol:

And Wraith and Bolt never got made into a figure, nor did White Queen or Stryker (I'm probably forgetting some others) that some collectors would have preferred over the 5th or 6th Wolvie variant.

Aaaaaggggh! Sucks! That's really lousy planning, considering Borders has been foundering for almost a year. C'mon DST, if you're going to slate an exclusive that may not be a sure bet, don't make it two thirds of a fan favorite trio! Powered Up Thor and an Asgardian Guard or Final Battle Loki would have made much more sense for a non-toy-focused-retailer exclusive anyway.

Grrr...

I'm sure either side didn't anticipate the Border's bankruptcy a year later from when they probably had initial talks for a Thor exclusive. But even so, Borders is still a big company with orders that most likely eclipse the specialty market. I don't blame DST for taking a chance. Borders could have tanked a year ago and we wouldn't have gotten the IM2 exclusives (come on, sunglasses Stark is funny!). I just wonder if Borders signed a contract with DST and DST got some penalty payment for all the design work they did?

In case you missed it in the ASKDST thread, Hogun and Fandrell were meant for a big retail store that hit financial problems (I'm guessing it begins with a "B" and ends in an "orders"), so now it looks like they're not going to be joining us. :sad:

I'm feeling pretty dumb right now, but where is this thread?

In case you missed it in the ASKDST thread, Hogun and Fandrell were meant for a big retail store that hit financial problems (I'm guessing it begins with a "B" and ends in an "orders"), so now it looks like they're not going to be joining us. :sad:

I'm feeling pretty dumb right now, but where is this thread?

Sorry, I'm usually a linky kind of guy, but I was on my way out the door. :blush:

I agree that civilian Thor/Asgardian soldier would have made more sense as the Borders exclusive, but I bet that TRU gets first pick. But why not to the direct market instead of Agent Colson and Jane Foster? :down:

What's the deal with the Frost Giants?
I know right . . . there were no lady-giants in that film, yet there was a frost giant baby? How did this happen?

Are the forst Giants more progressive than we gave them credit for? Did baby frost have 2 daddies? Was he adopted or did they find him in the icicle patch outside? :tongue:

Lol you snake. Now tell me how to purchase them hahahaha.

I get most of my minimates from Lukes.

Although - it depends on how many you want. Lukes only selling the army dumps as whole cases, not breaking them up. If you're looking for small numbers, you may have to buy the 2-Packs or hunt them out on eBay.

Not trying to rag on DST, but I think it's pretty foolish to set aside two members of a three person group for a retail store that does not specialize in that sort of merchandise, especially when one member does get released as a seperate exclusive. If we got none of the Warriors Three, it would have been disappointing but understandable, not everyone gets made. But to get 1/3? That just sucks. They should have given this retail chain powered up Thor and an Asgardian, that would have been far less disappointing.

I completely agree with this. Though I still hope to see those two through other means it is still frustrating we may have to wait for either the sequel or someone else to take on the movie versions, or comic based versions of those two.

added some hair to Odin and Loki, Odins locks are not 100% movie accurate but as close as i had in my parts bin

odinhair.jpg

I'm looking to replicate this myself but I'm not sure who's hair was used for Odin. Can someone please point me in the right direction.

Edited by pawcanada

Not trying to rag on DST, but I think it's pretty foolish to set aside two members of a three person group for a retail store that does not specialize in that sort of merchandise, especially when one member does get released as a seperate exclusive. If we got none of the Warriors Three, it would have been disappointing but understandable, not everyone gets made. But to get 1/3? That just sucks. They should have given this retail chain powered up Thor and an Asgardian, that would have been far less disappointing.

I completely agree with this. Though I still hope to see those two through other means it is still frustrating we may have to wait for either the sequel or someone else to take on the movie versions, or comic based versions of those two.

added some hair to Odin and Loki, Odins locks are not 100% movie accurate but as close as i had in my parts bin

odinhair.jpg

I'm looking to replicate this myself but I'm not sure who's hair was used for Odin. Can someone please point me in the right direction.

Doesn't look like any minimate hair I've ever seen... Looks like Matt sculpted it himself. Aye Matt?

odinhair.jpg

Doesn't look like any minimate hair I've ever seen... Looks like Matt sculpted it himself. Aye Matt?

looks like bsg's six's hair--from the razor army builder sets or from the one that was at toysrus, just painted gray...i think.

it was also used for gambits hair from the wolverine movie set.

Edited by mav-man

odinhair.jpg

looks like bsg's six's hair--from the razor army builder sets or from the one that was at toysrus, just painted gray...i think.

it was also used for gambits hair from the wolverine movie set.

I couldnt come up with a better option forOdin so like father like son or vice versa

its thors hair repainted :biggrin:

• 1 month later...

Anyone in Utah still seeing a civilian Thor/Asgard guard two pack on the pegs? I've check TRU on 33rd South and in Sugar House to no avail. I've been a bit distracted lately and I missed the fact that this two pack came with the rock that the hammer was stuck in.. gotta have it. :)

after two days of searching: Man, the only Thor left in the 3 TRU's I checked is the Odin two pack.. I'm surprised movie mates have sold this well.. The X-Men First Class Movie mates are in plentiful supply. I guess you just can't take a month off in this (collecting) business. :)

Depends on the month... August is looking fairly dead right this second....

I was thinking earlier, what if a Thor boxset, similar to the Iron Man movie boxsets we got. That would be a great way to fix the missing Warriors Three and max power Thor.

I was thinking earlier, what if a Thor boxset, similar to the Iron Man movie boxsets we got. That would be a great way to fix the missing Warriors Three and max power Thor.

I think that'd be a great set. Throw in a Heimdall or Powered up Destroyer & you'd have a sure fire winner.

Alas - i think we've seen just about all we're gonna see from the Thor movie line :(

I'll be pleasantly surprised & happy to be proven wrong at SDCC - but i am doubtful at this stage.

My nephew picked up a civi Thor for me. Thanks to all those that offered trades. Now I am wishing they would flesh out the rest of the main characters from the flick.. but I agree with those of you saying its over.

• 1 month later...