UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thor movie minimates

minijeff

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my local comic shops got the Thor Army builders in (surprisingly, as they usually don't carry Minimates at all) so I picked up a couple of the Frost Giants and Asgardian Royal Guards to tide me over until my order arrives from Luke.

One of the Asgardian Guards was missing both weapons, and the other was missing the sword. The boxes were sealed with the factory tape, so these were definitely left out at the factory. Has anyone else that has picked these up run into issues with missing weapons? <_<

I already sent an email to DST Customer Service to ask for replacements, so I'll post if I get a reply.

As to the quality of the 'mates, I am really happy with them. The plastic seems like the old days, not the 'soft' plastic that appears to come from the crappy factory. The joints are very tight, not to the point of damage or anything, and the paint apps on the Frost Giants are very good, while the Guards are a little lacking. There is something about the Frost Giants that makes them really cool, and I'm going to have a big army of these guys!

yb, will you be switching around parts for your army? I've considered it, but haven't seen most of these yet to know if it should work or not.

if you look at Mini Mytes new issue of Tales from the MiniBar you can see that he did that with his frost giants....I have plans on doing the same with mine too, keep one of each how they came and then mix and match parts of the rest to make them look a little different

Jeff of the Miniacs

Yes, I plan to do something along those lines too, but one big problem is that Frost Giant #2 doesn't have a hole in the top of his head, so you can't really swap heads with Frost Giant #1's helmet unless you decide to remove the peg from the helmet.

Laufey has a hole in the top of his head too, but as a 1 per case character, that doesn't seem like a great solution either...

Edited by youbastards

yb, will you be switching around parts for your army? I've considered it, but haven't seen most of these yet to know if it should work or not.

if you look at Mini Mytes new issue of Tales from the MiniBar you can see that he did that with his frost giants....I have plans on doing the same with mine too, keep one of each how they came and then mix and match parts of the rest to make them look a little different

Jeff of the Miniacs

My only gripe is that the skinnier FG #2 does not have a hole in his head, so getting one of them to wear FG #1's head piece is impossible unless you cut the hole peg off.

Jeff of the Miniacs

My only gripe is that the skinnier FG #2 does not have a hole in his head, so getting one of them to wear FG #1's head piece is impossible unless you cut the hole peg off.

you could also make a hole in the head for the peg, I have done it before if the peg is too hard to remove from the hair/headpiece

Jeff of the Miniacs

There is something about the Frost Giants that makes them really cool, and I'm going to have a big army of these guys!

i know what you mean i just think the bulky one is awesome and can't put him down!! although one of mine did come with his arms on the wrong way around!!!

when all what i have on order arrives i'm going to end up with a massive frost giant army vs a royal guard army!! :)

Has anyone else noticed that the "made in China" , "DST" and "2011" are raised instead of printed on the back of the Thor moviemate legs.I just noticed this taking Jane Foster out of her packaging. Is this going to be a new trend? I wonder if this has anything to do with what Chuck said at C2E2 about sculpting being cheaper than tampo printing.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

I picked up the sets at the LCS, skipping the agent one. I only really wanted Odin, Destroyer and the Frost Giant as stand-ins for the comic characters...I'll probably just sell Thor and Loki if anyone wants them. Destroyer I was really looking forward to, but he's kind of under-whelming. I wish the gave him the Penance treatment for spikes.

I think Wave 39 was also made in the bad factory judging by the skin tone. Also my Agent coulson's jacket does not match the color of his arms and pants, any1 else have this problem?

I did. My Coulson's jacket was a dark gray, and really stood out against the black arms and legs so i swapped it with another jacket piece that was black and used his for a custom. Seems like these relatively minor QC issues are increasing with surprising regularity over the last few waves and boxsets. Shame, really.

I think Wave 39 was also made in the bad factory judging by the skin tone. Also my Agent coulson's jacket does not match the color of his arms and pants, any1 else have this problem?

I did. My Coulson's jacket was a dark gray, and really stood out against the black arms and legs so i swapped it with another jacket piece that was black and used his for a custom. Seems like these relatively minor QC issues are increasing with surprising regularity over the last few waves and boxsets. Shame, really.

Which jacket from which mate?

Which jacket from which mate?

I swapped my Coulson's jacket with an ultimate Nick Fury, the plain black suit jacket. Looks just as good as any black jacket, but I had to do something, his jacket color was too noticeably wrong.

here are some pics of the TRU exclusives:

lady sif and volstagg

sifstagg.jpg

back view

volsif.jpg

volstagg after a good shave

stagg.jpg

civillian thor

don.jpg

and some various thor mate pics:

helmets

helm.jpg

asgardians

asgard.jpg

destroyer vs classic thor

destrothor.jpg

Thanks for the pics.

Can't wait to get my hands on that Lady Sif and Hagrid Volstagg 2-pack.

Is anyone thinking of using the royal guard for a Heimdal custom (their helmets aren't quite the same, but they are the closest match i think)