UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thor movie minimates

minijeff

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know who Hogun or Fandral are,...............

Add Volstagg & think 'The Three Musketeers' with an Asgardian twist. Although they have a dark side(esp.Hogun) they always inject much needed humour in any Thor adventure that they are involved in.

IMHO Thor (the comic) always took itself far too seriously far too often & these three often make some of the stories bearable. I obviously love the characters.

Edited by buttheadsmate

I'd want Heimdall over

Hawkeye - Clint will most likely get a figure when the Avengers comes out

. . . and this is probably Heimdall's only chance in the foreseeable future (at least till Thor 2 i guess).

Edited by Nessex

I don't know who Hogun or Fandral are,...............

Add Volstagg & think 'The Three Musketeers' with an Asgardian twist. Although they have a dark side(esp.Hogun) they always inject much needed humour in any Thor adventure that they are involved in.

IMHO Thor (the comic) always took itself far too seriously far too often & these three often make some of the stories bearable. I obviously love the characters.

Ah, thanks. :)

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but with Fandral's hair how many people will be makin' Conan O'Brian minimates? :tongue:

I know I will (probably Conan AND the Flaming C at that)

Good luck finding a Minimate-scaled xistera to go with that custom. :P

I myself am partial to Hogan the Grim. Although, out of all the Thor universe characters, it is my sincere wish that DST chooses to make a Marvel 616 Hela minimate. ; )

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but with Fandral's hair how many people will be makin' Conan O'Brian minimates? :tongue:

I know I will (probably Conan AND the Flaming C at that)

Good luck finding a Minimate-scaled xistera to go with that custom. :P

That's easy:

Press on nail tip!!

Alternate: Corn Chip!!

Alternate Alternate with aparently no Youtube clip: Corn Chip Nail Tip!!!

Maybe we'll get that powered up Thor, Heimdall and the remaining warriors 3 in a SDCC 4 pack?

Yeah - my guess would be SDCC. Although - i do worry that we might not see a Heimdall . . . we've seen concept art for everyone except him. It'd be a terrible shame if they missed him altogether - but i am not holding my breath on this one.

I just noticed this post from 4/28 on DST's Facebook page:

--------------------------------

Constantine van Wilder

hi! i have question

is there going to be a 2 series of thor minimates??? becuase in the gallery of artasylum they have hogun , fendral and power up thor

April 28 at 11:32am · Like · Comment

Diamond Select Toys

Nope one wave for specialty, one for TRU and the single packs- that's it.

April 29 at 10:00am.

--------------------------------

Not sure if this means no possibility for a boxset since the question specifically states "Series 2", but this appears to be the only 'official' response from DST about more Thor 'mates that we have seen so far.

If so, they really dropped the ball as Fandral, Hogun, and Heimdall are some of the most visually interesting characters in the movie, and none of their roles should be considered cameos.

Edited by youbastards

I'm really hoping for a boxset with at least Hogun and Fandral as DST released artwork. Surely DST would know better than to release art for characters like that and then NOT produce them. Heimdall, though, I see going the way of final battle Whiplash. A shame, as he was amazingly awesome in the movie. (Hey, maybe at some point we can get a coulda-shoulda-woulda wave or boxset: Armored Whiplash, Heimdall, Dr. Sterns/Leader, First Appearance

Hawkeye

, whatever character(s) get(s) left out of the Captain America mix.) Of course, I'd love to be pleasantly surprised.

Ahh.... that would be a major bummer. Granted, DST has packed an awful lot into this year trying to cover three movies, but, yeah, not getting at least Fandrall and Hogun after seeing the source art would be very disappointing.

Fingers crossed for an SDCC boxset with Heimdall, Fandrall, Hogun, and powered-up Thor... help us AFX, you're our only hope!