• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want a shirtless Chris Hemsworth Thor! :wub:

(touch wood)

omg, dont tease me

This thread just got weird.

lol, or did it get better!

lmao. better. much better.

though if we got a shirtless Thor, we'd need a shirtless Chris Evans, and perhaps, a jell-o snack pack.

Got an extra Sif/Volstag if anyone needs me to hook them up.

&^*%&^*&^ Does anyone else have white gunk on Odin's helmet? If not, I'm gona have to wait til the TRU in town stocks them, instead of driving all over kingdom come again. :/

Been wanting to do this for a while.

"What kind of dwarf are you?"

post-51-0-90131100-1301515543_thumb.jpg

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

I scored 2 of the 25th annivesary BTTF sets today and put one of Doc Brown's hairpieces on my Odin minimate and you know what? It looks pretty darn good. So if anybody is kind of miffed that the Odin and Loki 2-pack didn't come with spare hairpieces, Doc Brown's hairpiece is a great substitute for Mr Hopkins.

wow - what a great army.

The clear weapons work a treat. I might try to get a hold of some and do a tiny bit of dry-brushing on them ... or maybe even some light sanding - just to kame them look a bit less glassy.

Thanks for the pics and the awesome linkage!

I like the movie lines because they'll often give us characters we'll never get in a comic line. I am now happy to say I got an Odin mate before I got Kang :D.

And youbastards, those weapons look good. I've not bought any lego weapons to mod for minimates and while I know Luke did a blog on it, how did you find the shaving process?

And youbastards, those weapons look good. I've not bought any lego weapons to mod for minimates and while I know Luke did a blog on it, how did you find the shaving process?

It's not too difficult, as long as you have a sharp chisel-style hobby knife, a flat stable surface, and a cutting mat.

I lost a couple of the weapons by pushing too hard and causing them to break, but got the hang of it pretty quickly. The trick is only shaving enough of the surface where the Minimate hand will hold the weapon. Some of the swords have a ridged handle that made it a little more difficult, but other than that it was a quick and easy way to supply some weapons to my Frost Giants.

Nessex: Brickforge also offers some (not all) of the weapons in a transparent light blue, and they actually market them as 'frost' weapons. Some of those with a little white paint around the edges may give them the effect you are looking for with less work. I opted to go for the clear weapons because there were more variety available in that color and I wanted uniformity. If I order from them again, I may try out painting some detail to the light-blue weapons.

Nessex: Brickforge also offers some (not all) of the weapons in a transparent light blue, and they actually market them as 'frost' weapons. Some of those with a little white paint around the edges may give them the effect you are looking for with less work. I opted to go for the clear weapons because there were more variety available in that color and I wanted uniformity. If I order from them again, I may try out painting some detail to the light-blue weapons.

Awesome. thanks for the advice YB! Much appreciated.

I got my TRU.com order for the Thor exclusives yesterday.

Overall, I'm really happy with these. I just hope we get the rest of the supporting cast in some form.

With all of the other Thor movie product already announced, I hope they don't wait too long to announce the next wave/boxset if there will be one.

I'm perhaps one of the few unfortunates on here that has noticed & cares about the 'botched up' packaging for the single packs? Whilst they just about scrape by there ought to be a head rolling at the printers*

*although it is more specifically a design error the poor ol' printer always carries the can ;)