UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thor movie minimates

minijeff

Looks like Sif/Fandrall and Civ Thor/"Heimdall" are back "in stock" on toysrus.com though they're obviously not entirely reliable when it comes to stock being in stock but I'm ordering some anyway. Anyway good luck people who order em!

If they are instock on the website and labeled "Sold in Stores", you can go to any TRU and they can use a new thing called the "Store Ordering System" where you can order it through the website and have it shipped to your house, with free shipping on toys (not on electronics or large items). And that's for any amount, not the normal "free shipping with $75 to $100 purchase"

I'm assuming if the employees will even look the item up for you.

Had that happen a few times at my local TRU where they would just tell me that if it isn't on the shelf, they don't have it and wouldn't both looking the item up.

I'm hoping the TRU's around the San Jose, CA area do a better job than here with minimates cause that's where I'm moving soon....

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw some of the Hasbro Frost Giants at Target today and thought some of the weapons and accessories may work well for the Minimate Frost Giants, since they come with no weapons.

Here are the pix:

FrostGiant1.jpg

FrostGiant2.jpg

FrostGiant2a.jpg

FrostGiants.jpg

I think these work surprisingly well with Minimates. Unfortunately, the Deluxe Frost Giant is $15.

I have some other possible solutions for Frost Giant weapons in the works, and will post here later this week.

In the meantime, if anyone collects the Hasbro Marvel Universe line and wants some cheap Frost Giant figures (minus some weapons and accessories), PM me.

Incidently, several of the packs on the peg looked like they were factory errors. Sif/Volstagg was in a Civilian Thor/Guard package, Thor/Destroyer was in a Sif/Volstagg package, etc.

I've seen the same error in two different stores (one here in Raleigh and one in Roanoke, VA store). Be sure to check those packs before buying.

Neither store I went to had them on the Marvel aisle, they’re either on the collector aisle or one of the small corner racks.

That is actually the first Frost Giant Minimate I have shown any interest in at all.....I have to ask the question .......Frost Giants are ...er...giants yet they have no extensions, no big boots & look about the same size as Thor....maybe smaller? OK the Minimate-size discussion has long-since become boring but that doesn't stop me smirking to myself at the ludicrous anomalies were seeing .

Thanks guys, yeah, the price point for the Hasbro figures means only a couple of my Frost "Giants" will have this extra gear.

I've got some Playmobil and BrickForge weapons on the way to me that I plan to modify for Minimate consumption.

BHM - The "Frost Giant #1" does have the torso extender hidden under the chest piece and is slightly taller than "Frost GIant #2" and Laufey. But as to the overall size of these guys, I agree, they look weak next to the other larger 'mates, but from what I have seen of them briefly in the Thor trailer, they don't appear to be the same scale as in the mythology/comics. The size of the Hasbro figures backs this up, if they are accurately scaled to the Marvel Universe size. Think 8-10 feet tall to a 6 foot human.

Considering that the Asgardian Guards come with a sword and a spear (or are supposed to, not from my experience... <_< ) the fact that the Frost Giants come with no weapons at all just baffles me. I'm not sure how big of a role they actually play in the movie, maybe we don't see them with weapons, or maybe Marvel just didn't provide DST with any reference material from the film that indicated they used weapons.

This new one just looks butt ugly.

Most crotches are :)

Speak for yourself! :P

Seeing those Frost Giants, I can't help but think someone might make them into Navi from Avatar (not The Last Airbender).

They're too green, though.

In the gallery on the Art Asylum website, they show the arm armor at their wrists, not on their top arm part. That's why the big one's armor is in the way for you, Mini Myte.

http://www.artasylum.com/gallery/thor-minimates/

Yep. I had to take off & flip almost every one, and the ones I didn't, I had to slide down.

Looks like Sif/Fandrall and Civ Thor/"Heimdall" are back "in stock" on toysrus.com though they're obviously not entirely reliable when it comes to stock being in stock but I'm ordering some anyway. Anyway good luck people who order em!

Thanks. Just did. *crosses fingers*

Still would be nice to find Marvel Wave 10 in stores... <_<

I also joined SHIELD.

post-955-0-39749700-1301307107_thumb.png

Man, I wish I'd known about that during C2E2 (my friend didn't tell me about his until after the con was over). I want a SHIELD i.d... :(

Edited by TENIME_art

If they are instock on the website and labeled "Sold in Stores", you can go to any TRU and they can use a new thing called the "Store Ordering System" where you can order it through the website and have it shipped to your house, with free shipping on toys (not on electronics or large items). And that's for any amount, not the normal "free shipping with $75 to $100 purchase"

I'm assuming if the employees will even look the item up for you.

Had that happen a few times at my local TRU where they would just tell me that if it isn't on the shelf, they don't have it and wouldn't both looking the item up.

I'm hoping the TRU's around the San Jose, CA area do a better job than here with minimates cause that's where I'm moving soon....

This isn't even to do with if they have them in stock in the store. If you get an employee who doesn't know how to do it find a manager. I did it today. The Thor tru exclusive packs are showing in stock on the TRU website. I had them set up the store ordering system, added both to the cart on the computer there and I completed the order like I would do at home. Except that by ordering it there I paid no shipping, just the normal sales tax. I come home and have the order confirmation in my email inbox.

It looks like we are all missing just 3 Thor Minimates. Hogun, Fandral, and Powered-Up Thor. Boxset or Tru wave 2?

IMO, I say add in a BD version of somebody and it will be th AFX SDCC exclusive they have been teasing about.

i really hope powered up thor means we wont see any crappy battle damaged characters and instead get heimdall

It's a waste of a mate regardless. Other than having an argry face and a blue colored Mjolnir, this minimate is just as good as having a BD version. :yucky:

It looks like we are all missing just 3 Thor Minimates. Hogun, Fandral, and Powered-Up Thor. Boxset or Tru wave 2?

IMO, I say add in a BD version of somebody and it will be th AFX SDCC exclusive they have been teasing about.

I'm going to take back what I said about the 4th minimate being a BD version of an existing character. Maybe, just maybe it will be Hawkeye.

I want a shirtless Chris Hemsworth Thor! :wub:

To be honest, i'm sureprised we aren't getting one given the XMOW wave. I'm quite pleasantly surprised with the limited number of Thors in this assortment (touch wood).

I'm going to take back what I said about the 4th minimate being a BD version of an existing character. Maybe, just maybe it will be Hawkeye.

Gah! That'd be great, and it sure does make as much sense as the IM2 boxset last year.