UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thor movie minimates

minijeff

Who's underneath Volstagg's beard??? It's the Punisher! I keep forgetting that Ray Stevenson (who played Frank Castle) is playing the role of Volstagg. When I saw the hairless pic robomate posted, I instantly thought of the Punisher. Funny.:)

Edited by MINI_MYTE

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just found the TRU wave of Thor movie minimates in my neck of the woods. Bought the Loki/Odin, Thor/Destroyer, and Lady Sif/Volstagg sets.

For some reason Volstagg's hair/beard piece just will not go down onto his head. The other set I saw on the shelf had the same issue.

thats a very real possibility and i actually wouldnt mind that if it gets us more ways to get frost giants, i could see the line up being:

thor/destroyer

odin/loki

frost giant/powered up thor

hogun/fandrall

i could also see them doing a boxset for sdcc of:

heimdall

Powered up thor

fandrall

hogun

personally i hope we get the boxset

Woohoo! Just picked up sif and volstagg! {strike]Pics when I get home[/strike]

I'm home! I didn't pick up the civilian thor/asgardian pack.

here's a pic.

post-3701-0-77942700-1301101375_thumb.jp

Volstagg's head on both of them didn't quite go all the way into the hair. I had to use an x-acto and trim the head nib, it had a growth that only let it go about half-way into his head hole.

Edited by MsMarvel fan

There were two full pegs next to HMU. One of TRU wave 9 and under it was the Thor wave. They were in the collector's aisle. there were none near the spidey stuff, or the Thor stuff.

Edited by MsMarvel fan

I too found this wave. TrU in Horsham, PA. It was a fresh case but I only got one of each about a half hour ago so there is another set left.

I just found these at the tru here in atwater village, ca. And by these, I mean the thor/destroyer pack because it was all that was left on the nearly empty pegs. They were in the collector's aisle. I'll try to check the burbank store tomorrow.

Edited by funkguerilla

I found all four packs hidden in my local TRU last night. A few were hanging on a peg in the Spider-Man section. I'm guessing a store employee who put these out tucked the rest behind some SHS stuff near the peg as they were concealed very carefully. My eagle eye caught a glimpse of the new Captain America/Thor/Iron Man Avengers logo and I was golden.

Incidently, several of the packs on the peg looked like they were factory errors. Sif/Volstagg was in a Civilian Thor/Guard package, Thor/Destroyer was in a Sif/Volstagg package, etc.

Looks like Sif/Fandrall and Civ Thor/"Heimdall" are back "in stock" on toysrus.com though they're obviously not entirely reliable when it comes to stock being in stock but I'm ordering some anyway. Anyway good luck people who order em!

Looks like Sif/Fandrall and Civ Thor/"Heimdall" are back "in stock" on toysrus.com though they're obviously not entirely reliable when it comes to stock being in stock but I'm ordering some anyway. Anyway good luck people who order em!

Thanks for the heads up. I just placed my order... hope I get them.

I went to one the local TRUs hoping to find this and TRU Wave 10. What I found was a hot mess. Spiderman, Iron Man, Thor, and Hasbro Marvel U are all on different aisles and Minimates are just scattered wherever pegspace could be found. It made no sense. A bit frustrating as all of the Minimates used to be on the same aisle (with some exceptions- Movies Mates were with the other movie stuff and Boxsets were in the general Marvel U area). That was too easy, I guess. At any rate, there was nothing new on the shelves. I didn't call for customer service, but someone else did while I was in the store. Every few seconds, the intercom would announce that customer service was needed in action figures. In the fifteen or so minutes I was there, help never came. The dude that had called was starting to look pretty pissed.

In other news, it looked like TRU realized the HALO line is a seller. There was plenty of pegspace and plenty of product on the shelves. Keeping stuff organized, tidy, and stocked goes a long way. If only everything else got the same treatment.

Update: I found these in Burbank yesterday. As per the frustrating trials of everyone else, this time they were not in the collector's aisle and instead were found in the Thor aisle. Worse, they weren't even on a peg! They were placed in a row along the bottom of the shelf where I almost didn't see them. Until, you know, I did.

They had almost all of them though. The only one that was missing was the Civilian Thor/Asgard Guard (or whatever).

Happy hunting!

If they are instock on the website and labeled "Sold in Stores", you can go to any TRU and they can use a new thing called the "Store Ordering System" where you can order it through the website and have it shipped to your house, with free shipping on toys (not on electronics or large items). And that's for any amount, not the normal "free shipping with $75 to $100 purchase"

Edited by SouthFLGuy