UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thor movie minimates

minijeff

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Thor Army Builder cases are arriving next week. :D

Is this shipping early or late? Thanks to Diamond's erratic schedules, I can't tell anymore :(

It is one full month earlier than their original estimate, which doesn't happen very often these days.

Hey Luke,

Just wondering, now that the Thor Army Builders should be in your hands, what is the actual case ratio? My LCS called and despite not having them listed in their email, they have a case waiting for me today and I don't want to get screwed on the case ratio like I did with the Iron Man Army Builders. Thanks for the info, mate!

Hey Luke,

Just wondering, now that the Thor Army Builders should be in your hands, what is the actual case ratio? My LCS called and despite not having them listed in their email, they have a case waiting for me today and I don't want to get screwed on the case ratio like I did with the Iron Man Army Builders. Thanks for the info, mate!

I will let you know this evening. I am still at my day job. :)

Ok guys, here are some quick shots of the Thor army builder set. First off, let's start with the bad news. It would appear that these mates were made at the "bad" factory. This can be easily determined as Selvig has the same gruesome tan that all the Universal Monsters minimate humans have. When his hairpiece is removed you can see all sorts of impurities embeded in the top of his head. :down: The Asgardian Royal Guard has a better complection, but it's definitely not the quality we're all used to. I so wish DST would stop using this substandard plastic. Secondly, it seems that there is yet another new crotch piecee being used. This one seems to be an "inbetween" version of the old standard crotch and the new lipless one that has popped up this year. This newcrotch piece is easily identifiable by a circular stamp on the chest block connector peg (from the mould no doubt). There is tons of flashing on these pieces and the fact that these passed quality control just blows my mind.

The frost giants are okay, but the big guy (Frost Giant #1) has limited mobility due to his arm armor contacting with his chest cap. All three frost giants have the same arm armor and they must be repositionned in order to bend at the elbow.

All in all, I'm kinda bummed about this army builder set. I rate this set a 4.5 out of 10.

click on thee thumbnails for larger pics. Enjoy!

Selvig and Asguardian Royal Guard

th_selvig1.jpgth_selvig2.jpg

Frost Giant #1, Laufey and Frost Giant #2

th_frostgiants1.jpgth_frostgiants2.jpgth_frostgiants3.jpg

Close-ups of the new crotch piece.

th_crotch1.jpgth_crotch2.jpg

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Damn! That is some SERIOUSLY sloppy paint work on the Royal Guard.

This set might just end up being a 'pass' for me, which is a shame . . . the Thor movie line has been the best movie line yet as face as character design and variety goes.

I picked up my case a little while ago and my case ratio matches the original breakdown:

4 Frost Giant #2

3 Frost Giant #1

3 Asgaurdian Guard

1 Selvig

1 Laufey

Even if it is different from others, I am happy with it. The only way it would be better is with more Royal Guards.

my comicbook store told me they had these, the guy literally told me the exact spot in the store he had put them, they were no where to be found, he got out of his seat and came to help me and he told me they should be there, he said he had put them there......what a weird day :wacko:

Yeah, that's a bummer, and it doesn't look like Brickarms has anything suitable either. Thanks for the pics, Mini_Myte. Minor disappointments aside, I'm still looking forward to getting these and the rest of the Thor stuff.