UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thor movie minimates

minijeff

Please DST change the ratio on this if this is what is planned! I'm off to Ask DST to post this as a question...

Dude - careful what you wish for . . . we could have another Angel-gate on our hands :P

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the Avengers Assemble logo too. I'm still a little dubious about how this branding will work out in the end, but I think it works well for now.

Packaged shots on AA mean we should see these by the end of Feb, right? Can't wait. This will be the first movie wave that I'll be buying in total.

Are these considered TRU wave 10 then? Since we are seeing packaged pics of these before wave 10 they will likely hit stores first right? These look great, can't wait!

I don't think so, we have the lineup for wave 10 already. I think they're considered a separate series like the Iron Man 2 and Wolverine Origins series.

Deinitly want Lady Sif/Volstagg and maybe Civilian Thor/Asguardian Guard. Hoping they'll appear on TRU.com so I can smile sweetly at someone here to buy them for me and ship them over :D

oh hells yea I am glad to see these pics!! first off the mates look awesome and secondly seeing these now means they should be in stores before the movie...this year Thor opens the weekend of Free Comic Book Day which is generally right around my birthday so if the time tables align I will hopefully be lucky enough to get some help in getting these in time for my birthday trip to the movie!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Luke's has the Jane Foster/Frost Giant set as the variant! I hope that's not the case. I can see folks more interested in a Natalie Portman MiniMate than some old guy in a suit (as others mentioned here).

With previous offerings they usually don't have the only female MiniMate as a variant, unless the variant is of the female character herself.

Please DST change the ratio on this if this is what is planned! I'm off to Ask DST to post this as a question...

By the same logic, Jane is just a one-time character though (i.e. she's exclusive to Thor) while Colson has been in three Marvel movies already. He is a much more desired character, and has been clamored for since Iron Man.

I think it's much smarter to have Jane as the variant, personally.

Yeah, you may be right. I had only read the past couple pages, but when I read them all I saw a lot of love for Colson. I didn't put the face with the name, but now that I recognize him as "Richard from the New Adventures of Old Christine" or Jennifer Grey's husband, I can see why there is such interest now. :D:)

Just to be safe I went ahead and preordered a couple from Luke's. As another mentioned, I hope I don't get things mixed up and we have another Silver Age Angel on our hands. :biggrin:

So, so far we have:

TRU Thor Wave 1 (March 2010?)

Thor/Destroyer

Loki/Odin

Lady Sif/Volstagg

Civilian Thor/Asgardian Guard

Wave 39 Thor (April 2010?)

Thor/Destoyer

Loki/Odin

Jane Foster/Frost Giant 1

Agent Coulson/Frost Giant 1

(Who is the variant? It is a mystery)

Thor Army Dump (??? 2010; March maybe?)

Frost Giant 2 (4 per case)

Frost Giant 1 (3 per case)

Asgardian Guard (3 per case)

Laufey (1 per case)

Erik Selvig (1 per case)

Unaccounted for

Angry Thor

Fandral

Hogun

Not a bad collection of characters, certainly better than the Iron Man/Wolverine/Spider-Man movie stuff. Only three Thors in the bunch so far.

Not a bad collection of characters, certainly better than the Iron Man/Wolverine/Spider-Man movie stuff. Only three Thors in the bunch so far.

THIS. Despite not being a Thor fan, i'm more excited about this wave than i was for either IronMan or Wolverine because we are not seeing Leather Jacket Thor; Senate Hearing Thor; shirtless & Angry Thor; Mk V Thor; etc . . .

THIS is how to make an assortment AA/DST. Keep it up :thumbsup:

Edited by Nessex

THIS. Despite not being a Thor fan, i'm more excited about this wave than i was for either IronMan or Wolverine because we are not seeing Leather Jacket Thor; Senate Hearing Thor; shirtless & Angry Thor; Mk V Thor; etc . . .

THIS is how to make an assortment AA/DST. Keep it up :thumbsup:

To be fair, i wouldn't mind a couple comic-inspired Thors. Some interesting designs we might not get otherwise. And i mean real Thor, not like Beta Ray Bill or Throg, though a Throg pack-in would be neat.

We...really need a comic wave for this...

Packaging looks great, i'm worried about finding Sif though...most excited for her and "Casual Friday" Thor with the rocks.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

To be fair, i wouldn't mind a couple comic-inspired Thors. Some interesting designs we might not get otherwise. And i mean real Thor, not like Beta Ray Bill or Throg, though a Throg pack-in would be neat.

We...really need a comic wave for this...

I was mostly meaning in compairson with the other film waves. I would also love to see a complimentary comic wave as well if DST can manage it.

So AA has packaging pics of the Thor display up on the blog and is it just me, or are there two Selvigs in the front row? Error or change in assortment?