UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thor movie minimates

minijeff

SIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!! Her movie design looks great, and i'm loving the way she's being written in "For Asgard." Just made the movie and the Minimates for me. :lol:

And Volstagg...that is perfect. So funny. And yep, like the rest of you, my first thought for Fandral was "Errol Flynn Minimate??" Don Blake is a welcome addition, as is his Hammer Base. That thing just looks too cool; and i love having "Casual" heroes on my shelf (Custom Steve, C2E2 Tony, Custom Banner, Hank Pym so far. ;) ), so Don will be more than welcomed. "Powered Up Thor..." well...he's good for a different face. Maybe i'll use it for Don removing the hammer. Speaking of, the blue Hammer is interesting; the Hasbro figures have it too. I guess it really DOES glow, and isn't just a gimmick. Hey, if it plays a role, i'd rather have it than not.

GREAT looking Minimates. I'd argue it's the best movie-styled release we've ever seen.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there's no question these are the best movie Minimates DST's done. I'm amazed at the amount of new sculpted parts that went into these, and I'm thrilled at the amount of unique characters. The best part is that they'll be close enough to their comic book version that you can pass them off... if you squint. :happy:

I think there's no question these are the best movie Minimates DST's done. I'm amazed at the amount of new sculpted parts that went into these, and I'm thrilled at the amount of unique characters. The best part is that they'll be close enough to their comic book version that you can pass them off... if you squint. :happy:

You must squint harder than I do. <_<

ok WOOOOOWWWWWW big news day!! :D my thoughts

powered up thor: i know its not much of a variation but this is something ive wanted since the first thor mate was released, thors powers arnt swinging around a hammer, hes the frakking god of thunder! its swinging around an electrified hammer!! :P

don blake: even though i would rather be getting a doctor don with a cane, i am happy to know they use this name in the movie and that rock piece looks awsome!

volstagg: im a little disipointed that he doesnt have his hat/helmet thing :( but his beard is perfect! and that ax is a work of art

baldarr: seems like his hair may come out a little too orangy, but im still glad to be seeing him and im loving all the detailed weaponry

hogun: all i can say is PERFECT(though i miss his beared and viking helmet)

sif: she looks good, cool sword, hair and other sculpted parts

also anyone else notice in the designs that thor has a powerhouse chest, sif and the frost giants have excessive sculpting on arms and legs and jane has an overcoat peice?

Volstagg is just to cool he is a doorway to tons of customs but like Luke said Hagrid first :D im starting to get pretty excited for these

Those designs are really impressive looking, and I've warmed up to the armored figures like Odin (plus, Volstaag! Minimate of the year.)

But they really dropped the ball on Thor and Loki IMO, especially compared to the designs.

Edited by Shamrock

Two of the Three Warriors and Powered Up Thor aren't associated with any known release thus far, based on what we've been shown (comic shop wave, TRU wave, dump case). Could be Powered Up Thor is a switch out head and alternate hammer given to the regular release, but I think they would have put those on the same control art sheet were that the case. So, I'm thinking AFX 4 pack, though not sure what the 4th figure would be.

Edited by karamazov80

These all look fantastic... I'm still having doubts Thor will be a good movie (I desperately want it to be good and will go see it opening weekend, but my least favorite parts of Iron Man 2 were the parts that reminded us Avengers was a thing, so the fact Coulson is so heavy in the trailer I'm a little worried Thor won't be "THOR: the movie" but rather "AVENGERS ORIGINS: How Thor came to learn about THE AVENGERS! FEATURING: Robert Downey Jr and Samuel L. Jason in theaters everywhere Summer 2013!") but I will buy the CRAP out of all of these minimates.

If the movie ends up being excellent (fingers crossed) or at least a little good, they'll be fun like Iron Man minimates in being a really good representation of the cast. If the movie sucks, I'll just pretend they're generic elves and trolls and they can go hang with Calico Jack.

...also, Fandral's hair piece will make for an excellent Conan O'Brien custom.

Just saw these and I gotta say, I really like Odin, Loki, Thor and The Frost Giant.

The others I can do without, which is making me hope that Destroyer is a Chase......cause I'm not gonna want it.

If you'll note when opening the last picture...

http://www.artasylum.com/gallery/thor-minimates/

It says "Thor_TRU" at the bottom. My great powers of deduction indicate to me that makes this the TRU wave. (PS. I wasn't trying to be a smart-ass there, just saying... Powers... I have them. lolz)

And since Destroyer is in this picture of what is theoretically the TRU wave, he will most assuredly not be the chase figure from the regular wave... since Diamond doesn't re-issue the chase figures.

Since Thor, Loki, Destroyer & Odin can't be the variant, since they're in the TRU wave, and the frost giant is the army builder, the chase has to be Coulson or Jane Foster.

My guess is Coulson.

Love interest trumps boring guy in a suit. Just ask Pepper and Happy Hogan from the Iron Man 2 wave! lol.

Edited by Gillbob316

Errol Flynn.....I guess you're getting excited because he was an Australian ;)
;)

Since Thor, Loki, Destroyer & Odin can't be the variant, since they're in the TRU wave, and the frost giant is the army builder, the chase has to be Coulson or Jane Foster.

My guess is Coulson.

I concur :blush:

Can someone fill me in a bit on some Thor mythology here - who is 'Selvig'? I can't seem to find a wiki entry for him & my limited knowledge of marvel history is letting me down on this one.

Can someone fill me in a bit on some Thor mythology here - who is 'Selvig'? I can't seem to find a wiki entry for him & my limited knowledge of marvel history is letting me down on this one.

If I told you that I know anything 'for sure' then I would probably disappear overnight B) What I can tell you is that 'Selvig' is 'Professor Andrews' aka Stellan Skarsgard (actor) is in the movie,Thor. Whereby most of the Asgardian characters have mortal identities in the movie Thor , it is likely that Selvig's is perhaps Andrews' ? What I can also tell you is that The Destroyer is basically an enchanted suit of armour that features heavily in the movie,Thor. I can also elaborate that that suit is somewhat inanimate until it takes on a host .......who that's suit's host will be is unknown .

Isn't it ? :rolleyes:

The above is purely my own personal conjecture .

WHAT HAPPENED TO ODIN'S FACE?!

(Oh wait, that was just the concept art. Moving on.)

The concept art for these waves sure do look pretty. I'm actually surprised to see Mjolnir-embedded-in-a-rock make it through the prototype phase. And you guys can keep Fandral; I think I've gone gay for Sif :blink:

Made up character for the movie. Jane Foster's teacher/mentor

A bit surprised not to see a Heimdall. Then again they don't have art for the second army builder Frostie that we've already seen, either. Or Coulson.

Edited by blizzerd

Is Balder in this movie? I thought I read somewhere in the forum that DST said he was. Can anybody clarrify?

By the by, the TRU wave is really looking good. By my count this will be the 3rd minimates for both Anthony Hopkins and Ray Stevenson.

I think there was some confusion where someone here thought one of the Asgardian, er, guards, was actually Baldar. Not sure if DST said anything about the issue.

They did, however, say that the Street Fighter line is "on hold." Not dead, but on hold! That gives me optimism! Gonna go send them another e-mail to see if there have been any updates on that front now :buttrock:

• 3 weeks later...

Luke's has the Jane Foster/Frost Giant set as the variant! I hope that's not the case. I can see folks more interested in a Natalie Portman MiniMate than some old guy in a suit (as others mentioned here).

With previous offerings they usually don't have the only female MiniMate as a variant, unless the variant is of the female character herself.

Please DST change the ratio on this if this is what is planned! I'm off to Ask DST to post this as a question...

Luke's has the Jane Foster/Frost Giant set as the variant! I hope that's not the case. I can see folks more interested in a Natalie Portman MiniMate than some old guy in a suit (as others mentioned here).

With previous offerings they usually don't have the only female MiniMate as a variant, unless the variant is of the female character herself.

Please DST change the ratio on this if this is what is planned! I'm off to Ask DST to post this as a question...

By the same logic, Jane is just a one-time character though (i.e. she's exclusive to Thor) while Colson has been in three Marvel movies already. He is a much more desired character, and has been clamored for since Iron Man.

I think it's much smarter to have Jane as the variant, personally.