UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thor movie minimates

minijeff

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Asgardian sure do look good, but I was quite dissapointed with the Destroyer... He is one of Thors best looking foes... but they gave him a simple "generic" Bulk chest piece... I sure wasn´t expecting him to have ALL those pointy details, but the one in the picture does look so "plain... Hope they add some extra detais to him!

post-1829-1292430747_thumb.jpg

Destroyer looks plain silly. The chest piece is meh, but its the way they crafted the head that really pushes it past its ability to look good (imo)

Odin looks okay-ish, the Jane Foster mate doesn't make me think "Natalie Portman" unfortunately, and I'm glad they didn't give Thor a big chest piece :lol: but - I love how they have yet to release a Thor minimate with a helmet that doesn't make his head look disproportionately huge (though this one doesn't seem as bad as any of the traditional comic releases - probably because this one has no hair framing his face)

I think Loki is definitely my favorite of the bunch, though I'm not completely sold on the face. But the helmet & costume are pure win :biggrin:

also - I realize that this is a prototype, but does it seem to anyone else like they have increased the length of the necks? Looking specifically at Thor, it seems like he has a lot of room for head articulation despite the cape. Usually anything that sits on top of the chest piece (like a cape) completely negates any head tilting capacity...

Edited by Donny B

These are the best looking movie mates yet.

Agreed, if you exclude the armored figures from the Iron Man waves. They look like some kind of fantasy, Lord of the Rings-type deal instead of comic characters, but that's still a huge improvement over what we've seen before. Only 2 civilians!! :banana:

Thor (civilian)/Loki (civilian)

Thor (Asgard)/Loki (Asgard)

love interest/Frost Giant

--VARIANT--shield agent with suit/Frost Giant

Looks like I was off in my anticipating civilian Thor and Loki Always happy when less civilians than expected make the cut :D

Edited by karamazov80

these look lovely, some really impressive new sculpted parts. Destroyer does look very silly at the moment, but I'm sure he'll be improved in some way... though I don't know how, whilst he's bit n' all... he still appears rather streamline), and its a little shame that JF doesn't look at all like Natalie Portman.

Reckon I'll be getting all these, despite usually only keeping the 'new' characters from movie waves (y'know... like Whiplash). Thor is wonderful, and I can't not have that mate, Odin, Destroy, Jane Foster, Coulson... all new, which is very impressive for a comic wave, right?

Obviously its very likely we'll see some more comic style Thor mates nearer the time, but if we don't see a new Loki I'm giving that helmet to the existing one, a v.sexy new piece that. As for the frost giants... very creepy, might well be the first army building I've done in a while.

These things seem like they're still in prototype stages like Wave 38's line up and the TRU wave 10 ones kinda do, so maybe Destroyer will get more detailing later on as his figure right now looks more like someone just drew on a grey minimate.

From Chuck on Twitter:

We'll have some Thor movie Minimates pictures at the Art Asylum website tomorrow 9:00 AM EST...This time its the army builders, enjoy!

Does this mean single pack army builders? Asgardian Warriors perhaps?

A bit like the Iron Man 2 ones, Thors hammer drones!!!

For someone who does not have a male Loki of any sort this wave is a godsend. I will be getting every pack except, if I can avoid her, Jane Foster. Hopefully the lineup is something like:

Thor/Loki

Odin/Destroyer

Foster/Frost Giant

Coulson/Frost Giant Variant.

I wish Foster could be the variant, but come on, you know DST is never gonna do that. Coulson's our variant for sure. So yeah, this is my favorite wave announced for the longgest time. Since we found out we're getting Lizard actually. I'm gonna enjoy this wave, that's for sure.

For someone who does not have a male Loki of any sort this wave is a godsend. I will be getting every pack except, if I can avoid her, Jane Foster. Hopefully the lineup is something like:

Thor/Loki

Odin/Destroyer

Foster/Frost Giant

I wish Foster could be the variant, but come on, you know DST is never gonna do that. Coulson's our variant for sure. So yeah, this is my favorite wave announced for the longgest time. Since we found out we're getting Lizard actually. I'm gonna enjoy this wave, that's for sure.

I'd be happy with that set up, but I've got it in my head it'll be:

Thor/Foster

Loki/Destroyer

Odin/Giant

Coulson/Giant (Variant)

For some reason, I think they'll stick the old man mate as the slightly short packed figure.

These look great, well except for the Destroyer. Like everyone else, I agree he could use alot more sculpting detail. After seeing his helmet piece, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the wave 40 IM will be the Asgardian-buster armor. Remember Toybiz used the same helmet pieces on their AB IM and Destroyer ML figures.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

From Chuck on Twitter:

We'll have some Thor movie Minimates pictures at the Art Asylum website tomorrow 9:00 AM EST...This time its the army builders, enjoy!

Does this mean single pack army builders? Asgardian Warriors perhaps?

Would be my guess as well, unless they do something goofy like Frost Giant army builder dump.

I'd love an Asgardian army dump to include the Warriors Three, or Hemidall or Balder. Or even Sif.

Loving the Thor movie mates so far - Loki is great, the helmets are great - really thinking about getting an extra Odin and repainting him Kirby style.

I think the biggest problem with the Destroyer is that he's just.... so grey. So very grey. If they darken him up, or use a metallic finish, I think he'll look much better. But he, the Frost Giant, Odin, and even Loki can easily fit in with non-movie Marvel Minimates, which is great. And Jane Foster's chest piece will make, I think, a nice custom base for LOEG's Mina Harkness. So big thumbs up from me.

And I'm sure we'll be getting another 4-6 Thor 'mates via TRU... unless the other movies get in the way.

Wow... I am completely underwhelmed by these. They look very sloppily thrown together and this is the third set of promo images released where I find myself hoping there are MAJOR tweaks/improvements on almost ever figure!

Odin is easily my favorite of the bunch but I hope they give his helm a more metallic color and maybe add his ravens as accessories.

Jane Foster has a very nice face and I like the new hair sculpt, but the likeness falls short. I also hope they find some places to add a little detail as from the neckline down she's awfully generic and undefined.

Loki --- Great helmet but what's with the super-muted color scheme? Production stills have him in a very bold green cape and the figure lacks the needed "pop" to make it a must.

Thor --- Again, the colors seem oddly muted. What's with the tampos on his legs and arms? They look incomplete. He has a "deer in the headlights" expression and those gauntleted hands look off to me.

Destroyer - If ever a figure needed greater detail work and a metallic finish, this is it!

Agent Coulson - Good likeness and parts reuse. Again with the muted greys instead of a true black... and lets at least add a belt tampo to this very standard Minimate.

Frost Giant - Hard to see much in the way of details... I'll reserve judgment on this one.

Edited by Binaryan

Thor/Loki

Odin/Destroyer

Foster/Frost Giant

Well, I'm betting it's:

Coulson/Frost Giant

Foster (variant)/Frost Giant

I mean, Coulson is more important in the grand scheme of the Marvel Movie Universe, right? Don't want to short pack him, unless there's more Coulson in other movie waves? Anyone feel like he might be the badass Jarvis for the Avengers?

And I'm sure we'll be getting another 4-6 Thor 'mates via TRU... unless the other movies get in the way.

I'd bet AFX might get something too. Along with a Previews Exclusive and maybe another Borders exclusive (since IM seemingly did okay there). Sorry, I just fear movie figures now after IM2.

As wave 39 alone, I'm impressed. Can't say it was surprising that there would be less civilians as there are more unique looking characters in this movie.

My only comment about Destroyer is they should make him shiny like the IM2 Iron Man figures.

As for the Cap movie, we'll get civilians and uniforms. Sometimes, I think DST should do a combined Cap/Thor wave for 2 waves. Even out the uniqueness of the figures from Thor with the mortals of Cap.

And please give Coulson some badass weapons! He deserves them!

is it just me or ar the frost giants shoulders slightly more pointed than the usual chest piece?

also i quite like this wave good new pieces as long as the colours are made a bit better

Now THIS is a movie wave. Agent Coulson is great. I'm most looking forward to him. I for one think the Destroyer looks fine. I mean, there's only so much you can do, and they did it. Thor's helmet looks a bit silly, so I'm hoping his hair piece is a win. Overall, this is a killer wave. I think unlike Iron Man and Spidey, Thor inherently has a more colorful/less civilian base to start with. I can't wait to see the army builders.