UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toy R US Wave 10 revealed

lastweaponmaster

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This place is like a sitcom.

Act 1: I hate how DST does X! It would be a lot better if they did Y.

Act 2: You guys are assholes. DST are doing the best they can, and having X is better than nothing at all!

Act 3: I think we've learned a valuable lesson. I love you guys.

Next week on The Multiverse: I hate how DST does X!

:lol:

Edited by Lobsterman

The way they do things isn't a perfect formula, but when I read the crap some of you continuously spew, it reminds me of that famous Grandpa Simpson line "Bitch, Bitch, Bitch"

So you're fighting fire with fire? :)

Seriously though, I don't see why you can't make your point without getting all confrontational.

Who's asking you ? :angry:

I like how Holocaust is clear.

+1 it definitely makes the figure. Too bad they didn't use new leg pieces for his armor. Still freaking cool though

+1 it definitely makes the figure. Too bad they didn't use new leg pieces for his armor. Still freaking cool though

I said it before and I'll say it again. Nemesis (Holocaust) will prove to be the MUST have mate of the series and prove to be the biggest pain in the ass to obtain. I pray I'm wrong. :(

I said it before and I'll say it again. Nemesis (Holocaust) will prove to be the MUST have mate of the series and prove to be the biggest pain in the ass to obtain. I pray I'm wrong. :(

Really? He's popular amongst the comic-reading crouds - but will he have that much mass appeal in TRU?

I hope you're wrong too. I must have him for my AoA collection.

Really? He's popular amongst the comic-reading crouds - but will he have that much mass appeal in TRU?

I hope you're wrong too. I must have him for my AoA collection.

I wouldn't have guessed that Magik would have had much mass appeal in TRU, but that one figure has been the #1 sought after 'mate from series 9 (according to my eBay findings, anyway).

I don't know if my point has any real relevance, but I'd say that Nemesis' popularity/rarity just might work against the general consensus...

Act 2: You guys are assholes. DST are doing the best they can, and having X is better than nothing at all!

*What would we do baby, without usssss?*

you speaketh blasphemy!

I call him Holocaust because that's the name when I read the comics and also because to throw off any scalpers on here that is going to look for that character at TRU. :ninja:

Nemesis was also Cable's son in the real universe, right? I remember a dude with apocalypse like armor and hair like Nelson

I call him Holocaust because that's the name when I read the comics and also because to throw off any scalpers on here that is going to look for that character at TRU. :ninja:

Nemesis was also Cable's son in the real universe, right? I remember a dude with apocalypse like armor and hair like Nelson

Nah, you're thinking of Genesis. It was Cable's adoptive son, Tyler Dayspring, after he was kidnapped and/or brainwashed to be a servant of Apocalypse. Which, of course, meant traveling back in time to give his pops a hard time until he was killed by adamantium shards violently expelled from Wolverine's body.

Speaking of: What do you guys think is the time frame until we get ourselves a pirate-y, extra savage, 90s Wolverine? At this rate, I think he'll be in TRU wave 15.

*What would we do baby, without usssss?*

Shananana

Walking into TRU stores as of recent is like walking into a ghetto. Or most Wal-Marts. >_> I think department store toy aisles carry more selection lately.

Hopefully I can find this wave as all I ever found of wave 9 was the Wolverine/Magento and Spidey/Lizard sets.

I definitely want the AoA sets, but Omega Red as well since I'm a 90s X-Men fan (mostly due to the cartoon).

Walking into TRU stores as of recent is like walking into a ghetto. Or most Wal-Marts. >_> I think department store toy aisles carry more selection lately.

Hopefully I can find this wave as all I ever found of wave 9 was the Wolverine/Magento and Spidey/Lizard sets.

I definitely want the AoA sets, but Omega Red as well since I'm a 90s X-Men fan (mostly due to the cartoon).

Dude, I just noticed you're a fellow Minnesotan. Which TRU do you go to, if you don't mind my asking?

Dude, I just noticed you're a fellow Minnesotan. Which TRU do you go to, if you don't mind my asking?

Basically hang around the dying area that is Northtown myself. Not a big fan of trying to drive all over the state to find stuff.

:blink:

I actually got a TRU.com shipping confirmation for 2 of the Iron Fist packs, 1 Omega Red, and 1 Loki/Odin!

I should have them tomorrow, will post pix.

The updated Iron Fist has been on my want list for some time, and those that have seen my custom thread know that I am a big fan of the character. I'm really hoping that he didn't get the giant oven mit hands that we saw in the prototypes.

Basically hang around the dying area that is Northtown myself. Not a big fan of trying to drive all over the state to find stuff.

That's the same TRU I visit. Last time I went there (yesterday) all they had was a Spider-Man/Lizard 2-pack. If I ever find any wave 10 figures, and they have more than one, I'll pick up some for you, too.

Edit: Actually, I'll pick up as many of each one as I can afford, so if anyone else here needs one, I can help them out. That's if my TRU actually carries them. <_<

Edited by MinnesotaIceman

As much as I try not to bitch about it, I find it dubious that my TRU has never received a single pack of Wave 9, Cap Through the Ages, or Wave 10 as of yet. While that last one may be on the horizon, the fact that neither of the others ever hit our store certainly doesn't make it look good.

As much as I try not to bitch about it, I find it dubious that my TRU has never received a single pack of Wave 9, Cap Through the Ages, or Wave 10 as of yet. While that last one may be on the horizon, the fact that neither of the others ever hit our store certainly doesn't make it look good.

Hey Jason!

Can I just point out that when you say 'my TRU' that you say that not as someone who just goes in one on occassion (and might have missed somethings), but as someone who is employed there? I've been in your store on several occassions and felt like there was never anything ever there, but thanks for confirming it. The store used to be pretty good about stuff, but I've given up on it since the end of last year. :(