UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toy R US Wave 10 revealed

lastweaponmaster

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dislike the X-Men in general, and this era in particular, so.... bah. Blink, Morph, and Sabretooth are all sporting some seriously fugly threads. I like how Iron Fist and Spider-Man are hanging out in the background, as if they're sheepish to be there.

I'll probably get Omega Red, since BD Wolverine will make for decent fodder, but that's about it.

Nice wave. To bad about the horrible Wolerine repaint. There's something very off about the AoA Sabretooth and I believe it's his shoes. Shoes?! AoA ST never wore shoes, he had some big sh!t kicker boots. Hopefully DST will remedy this before his impending release.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Wow - what a line-up!

We knew there would be more AoA Minimates, but Nemesis is a welcome surprise (and a nice use of Hulk-Buster Iron Man parts). Blink & Morph look great, but Sabretooth could use some big boots. And I'll buy another battle-damaged Wolverine to get that Omega Red.

Just really nice all around. Too bad we didn't get Fantomex in this wave, though. Later this year, I guess.

HOPING that Holocaust and Blink are packed together, though I'm doubting it. I figure she'll be with Morph and he'll be with Sabertooth. Simply put? I didn't get the boxed sets, but I want Holocaust vs. Blink.

I'll get that Wolverine for Omega Red.

AND I'm thrilled that the only Shadowland set I was considering getting will be available at my place of work, so I won't have to sweat it.

HO-LY FRAK!!!!!!

omigod omigod omigod omigod!!!!!!

Nessex is going to freak out :)

:sweat: tears of joy.

I'll deal with the wolverine re-tread for Omega Red - he is one sweet looking figure.

I agree - S'Tooth needs boots. And Blinks skirt does look like a re-use of the Raven one - but i think the parts re-use on Morph & Blink doesn't really hold them back at all.

Looks like i can cross a couple more of my top 10 most wanted list :P

ok im super duper happy for these.

wolverine: honestly i like getting battle damaged versions of characters even if its another wolverine and maybe (since he is called "danger room wolverine") he will come with some cool danger room attachment, heres hoping!

omega red: i swear for the last 3 months this character has been top in my mind for a minimate and he looks perfect and full of new peices. im glad x-men villians are being made

holocaust: this looks better than i could have evr imagined him and i love the way they executed this. his arm looks perfect and im really excited

morph: one of my all-time favorite x-men characters. at the moment i would have rather gotten the jim lee look but this will do and his expression is pricless

blink: another character ive been in need of. im super happy about how she looks and i hope she comes with some new energy peices

sabertooth: even though i dont require this character i am happy that they made him and ill use his hairpiece for creed so i can use the classic one for banshee

spidey&ironfist: i may pick em up from TRU i may pick em up from my LCS i just gotta say im pleased as punch they made a new ironfist

HOPING that Holocaust and Blink are packed together, though I'm doubting it. I figure she'll be with Morph and he'll be with Sabertooth. Simply put? I didn't get the boxed sets, but I want Holocaust vs. Blink.

Sorry, you'll get Sabretooth teaming with Blink vs Holocaust teaming with Morph. ;)

Spidey/Iron Fist

Wolvie/Omega Red

Sabretooth/Blink

Nemesis (he's Holocaust to me darnit!)/Morph

Shame about the crappy Wolverine re-pack, but the rest look good. Omega Red's whips might look better if they plugged into his gauntlets instead of him holding them.

Yeah, I'm hopin' that gets fixed too.

Well if they do plug into his gauntlets, then those cables will suffer the same problem as the first Apocalypse. Sometimes they'll just fall out, or they'll get stuck and bend off. I didn't even do anything to my second one and it happened when it was in storage. Now I have my third one in its original plastic tray.

Is there a reason why they have to call Holocaust "Nemesis"? Because he's been called Holocaust in other toy lines.

Anyway, this is a really awesome line up. I'll probably get Omega Red and Holonemecaustsis.

Edited by Dio

Is there a reason why they have to call Holocaust "Nemesis"? Because he's been called Holocaust in other toy lines.

Anyway, this is a really awesome line up. I'll probably get Omega Red and Holonemecaustsis.

Well - he was called 'Dark Nemesis' in the X-Men Ninja wave from toybiz, and he was called Nemesis in the the Hasbro Marvel Legends wave.

I'm not sure what other toys of him have been made . . . but if i recall correctly, one of the toybiz chaps said of the X-Men Ninja wave that parents would potentially be put off by calling the figure Holocaust and so his original name/incarnation was chosen for the toy.

Edited by Nessex

A cool selection of figures af few niggles that have already been posted about so I wont go on about that. My credit card is going to be weeping this year on minimates.

Just looking at the picture again and on the under side of Omega Red's right glove there seems to be an indent, could that be where the tentacle will attach in the final style. Only time will tell.

Edited by MiniFiend UK