UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toy R US Wave 10 revealed

lastweaponmaster

I'd order them, but their site won't let me (similar to last week when I tried to pre-order RGB). Anyone else having problems?

Yup. It happened to me the last time I tried to place an order on their site as well. I had to order as a new customer then. This time I just used Paypal and had no problems.

It's so aggravating to deal with a company with such poor regards to service, and yet I keep rewarding them with money. If I didn't know better, I'd think I was in some sort of abusive relationship.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My order went through, and I've gotten my confirmation email. Status shows "item(s) located in stock" on my order status page. I ordered with Paypal as a new customer, as well.

Buying things on the internet should not be this nerve-wracking.

Edited by Lobsterman

....er...remember me ?

If there were a Minimate Multiverse graveyard it would have a headstone for me that has the inscription 'buttheadsmate....finally beaten by ToysRUs'

Tonight, just for a laugh, I tried ordering these from TRU.com which has always been impossible for me before (non US/alien) & guess what ..........................?

They took the order :ohmy:

Suddenly the birds are singing & I have new hope.......................

....until I get the email....I know I'll get that email .....you guys always talk about that email :sad:

I've spent over an hour now and still can't place an order that's not through Paypal. I called CS and all they can tell me is 'yeah, I've heard of that happening-try deleting your cookies'. That didn't work and they can't help me. :angry:

Umm... How close is a TRU to you? Try the store ordering system that SouthFLGuy mentioned? That really sounds weird. Try another web browser? That shouldn't be a problem but just suggesting something...

Edit: Oh, hi buttheadsmate. You must be new around here. Welcome! We have a forum for new member introductions here: http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showforum=22

:biggrin:

Edit2: I got a confirmation email saying "You can expect to receive your items between 05/17/11 and 05/20/11". Yay!

Edited by storm 1:08

Not that close. And I've tried two different computers at two different locations, deleting a bunch of stuff on my computer and holding my breath. I tried ordering over the phone (they were more interested in taking my order than helping report that there's a problem), but the total was more than my daily limit and couldn't be placed (okay, I tried to order a few more than most people). After 30 minutes on the phone I gave up. I was able to place a small order through Paypal, but don't have enough on my account to help anybody out with extras. My problem with all of this is that after three phone calls and an e-mail, no one is concerned there about fixing an obvious problem. I know, add it to the list of issues with TRU...

I was able to order these with no issues as well, logging in as myself, etc.

I actually hope to see all the other new stuff in my local store, so I only jumped on these at the moment. Its odd ordering a Marvel Minimate from their website, especially an exclusive.

Oh, and welcome buttheadsmate. We used to have someone else by that user name, but he left. Must have deleted his account if you were able to use the same name.

I'd order them, but their site won't let me (similar to last week when I tried to pre-order RGB). Anyone else having problems?

Nope, ordered a set a few hours ago & got my confirmation e-mail.

Well, crap on a stick. That'll show me to play with the baby instead of surfing the internets :(

edit: wait, what the heck am I talking about. These are those lousy AOA characters. Passsss. :lol:

Edited by karamazov80

I got an order placed in no problem and got the order confirmation with status of "items located in stock". I used their SOS order and got the free shipping. but this was earlier today.

Also while I was at TRU they were showing that the Captain America movie mates, Halo wave 2 and this wave are in the warehouse and pending to some stores in the region.

I just gutted my collection, but I needed Blink, Nemesis and Omega Red badly.

Edited by SouthFLGuy

I could have ordered at work but I had a $10 off coupon I wanted to use. by the time I got home they were sold out. I am pissed but it's my own fault.

damn it! missed out... anyone order extras?? i'd be pleased as punch to take some of the aoa blink/sabes & morph/holocaust set off your hands!

I'm sure they did. Unlike the insanely popular Real Ghostbusters figures :rolleyes: , which are limited to 1 per customer, there seemed to be no limits on these. I'm sure we'll see eBay sellers and BBTS selling loads of them for twice retail in short order.