UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toy R US Wave 10 revealed

lastweaponmaster

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks very much for the pics! could I ask for some good shots like that of Omega Red and Wolvy too?

Jeff of the Miniacs

My Omega Red has been highly modified so I'm not sure if you'd want pics. The silver paint was slopped all over the figure so I repainted all the silver, touched up the red, repainted the hairpiece and glued the power chest to the body to allow the head/hairpiece to fit better.

Wolverine is currently decomposing in a landfill. It wasn't even worth keeping for spare parts. :down:

New tweet from Chuck:

"The warehouse tells me TRU Captain America Minimates and Marvel series 10 have shipped from our warehouse out to them."

So they should be showing up ... soon? But then where did the ones that were available online come from? My head hurts...

so if these are in stores now does that mean that the Cap wave is out too??

Anyone's store have them stocked yet?

Nope. and I asked at customer service with the number and the employee said that according to the system the items are only currently available online and that the store doesn't have any on the way.

Just gonna pitch this out there, for some possible kind soul.

If ANYONE ends up getting an extra Nemesis (Morph 2 pack or by itself), could you please look my way??

I'd be willing to make a custom or two as compensation seeing as I just moved and have no job.

Anyone's store have them stocked yet?

Nope. and I asked at customer service with the number and the employee said that according to the system the items are only currently available online and that the store doesn't have any on the way.

Ah legendary Toysrus Customer service right there. Last time I checked these along with the sony, halo wave 2, captain america and xmen 1st class minimates are all showing as on order to the warehouse. The big question is when they get to the warehouse and when/which stores they will ship to. The store I go to never got wave 9, even with me wiping out their wave 8 stock. They only went to a handful of stores in the area.

Out of curiosity, how is it determined what stores get these? Do the individual store managers decide whether to order and how many cases, or does some kind of TRU regional warehouse overlord just pick store numbers out of a hat?

I guess my real question is: is there any way we can influence the process, whether by bugging the manager or buying up old stock, or is it completely arbitrary and entirely out of our control?

I had one tell me they didn't qualify to get them. WTF does that even mean?

Out of curiosity, how is it determined what stores get these? Do the individual store managers decide whether to order and how many cases, or does some kind of TRU regional warehouse overlord just pick store numbers out of a hat?

I guess my real question is: is there any way we can influence the process, whether by bugging the manager or buying up old stock, or is it completely arbitrary and entirely out of our control?

I found an intelligent manager at a TRU last year who told me it was all automated at the regional warehouse, and the store managers have no control over which cases (if any) they will get at any given time.

Out of impatience I bought a set off ebay. The quality is pretty low. They feel cheaper like TRU wave 9 wolvie. Blink can't really use her teleport stand unless you remove he skirt (reuse from raven). Her eyes don't have a distinct color, so basically it is an eyeball outline in black on her purple face.

The "powerhouse" chests on Omega and Sabes are a bit too bulky and ill fitting.

I don't remember who said that DR wolvie was a throw-away, but when I read it I sort of gasped, but he definitely is a poor quality mate with poor color matching and cheap plastic.

Morph and Nemesis really stand out in this wave.

Nothing like a painfully long wait for disappointment... :rolleyes:

. It is a bummer to hear that these feel less than Grade A. Even so, Holocaust looks like he may very well make up for less than perfect second-tier characters.

It's all done at the warehouse level, store level has no influence. It also comes down to what "level" store it is. A higher level store is more likely to get them. It's stupid system, since the smaller location near me sells them out a lot better than the higher volume stores.

I used to influence the process before wave 8 by if one wave was over stocked, buying them up and returning them to another location. Wave 8 went to a new SKU and I bought them up when wave 9 was hitting stores, but nothing ever came to the TRU closest to me. I had my friend there even set up a "GFS" order since it surprisingly allowed that (it's a process that's used to order large ticket items for customers, but it accepted the minimate sku), but that didn't work and after a month and a half it canceled out of the system. It's frustrating when the store has none or less than 5. The warehouse still had tons of units, but there was no way the store level could order them. I lucked out since they checked the stores in the area for me and a store 40 minutes south had a case in their backroom, I called and verified and they held them.