UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toy R US Wave 10 revealed

lastweaponmaster

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're not bendable, but are similar to Apoc's cables. I suppose you coould heat them up and re-shape them some maybe, but otherwise what you see is what they are.

Many thanks for the info, G-Hog.

Got my Omega and Iron Fist sets today from TRU.com.

Wolverine of course is a waste and not even good for parts.

Big Time Spidey is nice and the "electro" web looks great. Nice to get a good Spidey variant. I actually wouldn't mind buying a orange/red version in the future.

Iron Fist is really nice, once you switch out the giant wrap hands with either normal hands or the Rocky hands.

Omega is a mixed bag. The powerhouse chest is really big and poorly painted. Lots of silver paint slop all over the arms/legs as well.

I'll join in the chorus that the new crotch pieces limit the hip articulation and they stink.

I'll join in the chorus that the new crotch pieces limit the hip articulation and they stink.

So you are confirming that all the mates have the new crotch piece.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Hope these hit my TRU (which barely has any at the moment) soon.

I really like that Spider Man and I think he's a worthy variant.

Total opposite about Wolverine however.

Also, I hope I don't sound dumb but, what's the difference between the new waist pieces (besides the circle)

and the old ones?

Hope these hit my TRU (which barely has any at the moment) soon.

I really like that Spider Man and I think he's a worthy variant.

Total opposite about Wolverine however.

Also, I hope I don't sound dumb but, what's the difference between the new waist pieces (besides the circle)

and the old ones?

The new ones do not have the lowered down "rear end bar", both sides of the piece are the same.

Thanks robomate for clearing that up for me ^^;

That sounds lame though, why would they do that?

Like the saying goes "don't fix it if it ain't broke".

The same reason they can take away some of Spidey's web detailing on the arms and legs. :rolleyes:

I'd actually like to find this wave before i begin to complain...just like i've kept my mouth shut on Wave 9. ;) Too many good ones in here to pass up though, so here's hoping distribution has shaped up. Holocaust is a must; he's been my favorite Horseman since i first knew who/what they were.

i agree, crappy croutches or not, these are must haves. also i think the omega symbols ong omega reds hand make up for everything thats wrong with him.

can someone explain how the whole horsemen thing works? i never read AoA. also has holocaust apeared in 616?

my only knowledge of the horsemen come from the x-men legends games and the scene in mighty avengers where spidey,wolvie, ironman and scarlet witch apear as horsemen...literally

i agree, crappy croutches or not, these are must haves. also i think the omega symbols ong omega reds hand make up for everything thats wrong with him.

can someone explain how the whole horsemen thing works? i never read AoA. also has holocaust apeared in 616?

my only knowledge of the horsemen come from the x-men legends games and the scene in mighty avengers where spidey,wolvie, ironman and scarlet witch apear as horsemen...literally

After giving himself the name 'Apocalypse', old Blue-lips decided that in keeping with his biblical name, he ought to have 4 head-henchmen/horseman to do his bidding.

In the 616 He has selected random mutants/characters over the years to be his horseman, including (but not limited to) Polaris, Gambit, Sunfire, Archangel, Wolverine & Deathbird. Most of the time - the 4 Horseman are jsut random mutants without much back story.

In the AoA, they were Candra, Sabretooth, Gideon & War. These were only featured in one issue as a flash-back. The Bulk of the AoA story featured Abyss, Mikhail Rasputin, Mr Sinister & Holocaust as his horsemen. Each of his horseman were in charge of a certain task and a particular area of the former United States to govern.

Holocaust/Nemesis is the chosen son of Apocalypse in the AoA & was to oversee the areas formerly known as Chicago & Seattle (i think?), and to cull every flat-scan (unmutated human) in the area.

As for his character in the 616 - the AoA version was somehow transported to the 616 universe after the conclusion of AoA. He was briefly a villain in the X-Man series and also appeared in Exiles for a time.

His 616 counterpart was mentioned in the Stryfe Strike files back in X-cutioners Song and has not really been alluded since. One theory is that the mutant FeverPitch is actually this reality's Holocaust. . .

Edited by Nessex

thanks!! that clears things up :biggrin:

now that i think about it feverpitch would make sense....

EDIT: 2 more quick questions (since im to lazy to go to wikipedia)

what exactly are holocaust and mr sinisters powers?

Edited by robomate

thanks!! that clears things up :biggrin:

now that i think about it feverpitch would make sense....

EDIT: 2 more quick questions (since im to lazy to go to wikipedia)

how does a crappy jimmy fallon movie make sense? well i guess watching it would be considered a huge tragedy... :)

Can someone explain how the whole horsemen thing works? i never read AoA. also has holocaust apeared in 616?

It's relatively simple, really. Apocalypse, when he gets it in his head that now is the time to attack, finds mutants that he deems 'strong' and augments them to be his main fighting force. He'll name them Pestilence, War, Death, and Famine, but very rarely do their powers line up with their designated task. Former horsemen for A-Poc in the 616 include: Angel, Gambit, Polaris, Sunfire, Caliban (on two separate occasions!), Wolverine, and The Hulk.

Meanwhile in the AOA his horsemen were way more effective and included: Mikhel Rasputin, Abyss, Holocaust, Maximus (but he died), and Mr. Sinister.

Things get a little confusing when you try to figure out who works for A-Poc in capacities that don't involve horses.

Hey Jason!

Can I just point out that when you say 'my TRU' that you say that not as someone who just goes in one on occassion (and might have missed somethings), but as someone who is employed there? I've been in your store on several occassions and felt like there was never anything ever there, but thanks for confirming it. The store used to be pretty good about stuff, but I've given up on it since the end of last year. :(

Hey GH! Yeah... that stuff literally never came in. It's INFURIATING to have no control over that at a store level.

Nemesis had Carol Danvers-like powers; he was able to generate energy blasts. He used them to kill the AoA Scarlet Witch, so Magneto tore his body to shreds. Beast created the armor to contain his energetic form, and now - as Holocaust - he can fire his own bio-energy from his arm cannon.

Mr Sinister has a wide range of powers directly derived from Apocalypse himself including healing, shape shifting, and telepathy, as well as a variety of powers that develop at the speed of plot.

ok so that must not have been ironman and is spiderman a mutant?

No, it was Iron Man and Spider-Man. They sometimes play a little fast and loose with the "rules" and so for the purposes of that story, Apocalypse had 4 Avengers turned into Horsemen.

thanks again for answering all my questions. it was very helpful :lol:

just one more, what was apocalypses role in the 616 universe? i thought it had to do with archangel but that was mostly sinister right?

EDIT: just so we are clear this is the pic i was refering to

horsemen.jpg

Edited by robomate

Mr Sinister has a wide range of powers directly derived from Apocalypse himself including healing, shape shifting, and telepathy, as well as a variety of powers that develop at the speed of plot.

He he he he - well said.

Edited by Nessex

thanks again for answering all my questions. it was very helpful :lol:

just one more, what was apocalypses role in the 616 universe? i thought it had to do with archangel but that was mostly sinister right?

Hey man, no problem. The more you know, right? Also, just FYI, not all of A-Poc's horsemen have been mutants. Well, one at least (the Hulk back in 1999) wasn't.

Anyway, A-poc, in the 616, is just looking for his time to shine. He pops up from time to time when he thinks the world is on the brink and he can finally rise to his rightful place of power which he knows will happen eventually. You gotta give the man credit, he's not one to take a defeat laying down. He's got perseverance coming out the Yin Yang.

As for Archangel, that's all A-Poc's doing. He sees some kind of potential in Warren that he has yet to explain, but it involves giving him metal wings that molt to feathers then to energy, then back to feathers and then can change into metal. He says he has a plan, but I kinda doubt it.

Good to see the impromptu Horsemen of Apocalypse primer, guys! While I never kept close track of everybody who's been a Horseman, I do know enough about Christian eschatology to be familiar with the reasoning behind the concept.

Can anybody tell me if Apocalypse and his Horsemen ever appeared at length in the 90s X-Men cartoon? I'm pretty sure the Death version of Archangel must have showed up at some point, but who played the other three Horsemen then? At least I remembered how X-Men Evolution turned Magneto, Professor X, Storm and (I think?) Mystique into Horsemen shortly before the series finale.

He says he has a plan, but I kinda doubt it.

Sounds like Battlestar Galactica :lol:

Good to see the impromptu Horsemen of Apocalypse primer, guys! While I never kept close track of everybody who's been a Horseman, I do know enough about Christian eschatology to be familiar with the reasoning behind the concept.

Can anybody tell me if Apocalypse and his Horsemen ever appeared at length in the 90s X-Men cartoon? I'm pretty sure the Death version of Archangel must have showed up at some point, but who played the other three Horsemen then? At least I remembered how X-Men Evolution turned Magneto, Professor X, Storm and (I think?) Mystique into Horsemen shortly before the series finale.

He says he has a plan, but I kinda doubt it.

Sounds like Battlestar Galactica :lol:

Yep, they do.