UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toy R US Wave 10 revealed

lastweaponmaster

they restocked at mine too. Whole case out there. Had First class, cap, calico jack, and wave 10 all out there. Halo 2 and Sony as well. It was a good day!

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mall of Georgia was devoid of these as well, but I managed to find the X-Men First Class minimates. Unfortunately Xavier also had two right legs and this annoys me as I won't be near a TRU until... Probably next Saturday. Anyway, I hope DST customer service can help, but not banking on it.

I really do want to find these minis though. Strange thing... they didn't seem to even have shelf space for non-movie minimates... It may be that that space was taken by Thor. But regardless there was not space.

Mall of Georgia was devoid of these as well, but I managed to find the X-Men First Class minimates. Unfortunately Xavier also had two right legs and this annoys me as I won't be near a TRU until... Probably next Saturday. Anyway, I hope DST customer service can help, but not banking on it.

I really do want to find these minis though. Strange thing... they didn't seem to even have shelf space for non-movie minimates... It may be that that space was taken by Thor. But regardless there was not space.

I wouldn't think too hard about how they're shelved. At the Toys R Us stores in my area, they don't seem very strict with where/how these are shelved. In fact, the Melrose Park Toys R Us has marvel minimates in 3 different aisles... on no less than 3 hooks and 2 shelves.

X-Men First Class minimates are in the misc. aisle with the Halo and Sony mates, robot chicken toys, ghostbuster stuff, various 1-off movie and video game action figures, and a whole bunch of other random stuff.

Captain America minimates are on a shelf in the middle aisle, with all the Marvel Movie Thor, Cap & Iron Man toys. As well as a hook with some left over Iron Man 2 & Thor minimates

Marvel waves 9 and 10 are in yet a third aisle, with the Marvel Universe and Super Hero Squad toys, on both a hook, and the shelf underneith.

The Schaumburg Toys R Us has them all in that Misc aisle I mentioned earlier, all mixed up and sharing 5 or 6 hooks.

The Golf Mill Toys R Us has one Thor hook in the Marvel Movie aisle that's empty, and then the same as Schaumburg, 5 or 6 hooks in the misc aisle, which include but are not limited too: Thor mates, Old Marvel waves such as Fantastic Four & others as well as common sets from Wave 9 and Wave 10. The upside here is, these hooks are all labeled "Marvel Minimates" $4.98 clearance. They don't all ring up that way, since that price is only SUPPOSED to be on the Thor & Lady Loki set... but since they're stupid and shelf them all that way, all you have to do is point it out at the service desk for a price adjustment.

Unfortunately golf Mill is way out of my way, so I haven't been able to do that nearly as much as I'd like to. But did get a few sets on the cheap that way.

After driving about 50 miles and hitting 4 or 5 TRU's yesterday I finally found Holaca.. errr Nemesis. Awesome mate. Looks fantastic when backlit and I love the way the dome magnifies the skull tampo. Great work. Morph will be apearing on my trade post shortly. :)

Went to the Schaumburg, IL toysrus on Friday and saw a whole mess of wave 10; surprised it wasn't pick clean.

I sure that's their third restock of wave 10, at least, so... all the local folk probably got it out of their system by now.

Fox Valley (IL) TRU was packed as well.

I grabbed an extra Blink/Sabretooth for customs (trimmed the extra loincloth so she can use her teleport base & got her an extra arrow; repainted Victor's hairpiece brown & gave it to movie Shaw for the muttonchops & ponytail).

• 4 weeks later...

I went to TRU for the first time in a couple of months today, and man. . .Minimates were falling off the pegs. This wave, the Universal Monsters, the Playstation ones, new Ghostbusters, and some older Marvel waves, as well. Made me a bit depressed. I guess they aren't selling very well :(

• 2 weeks later...

Saw this tonight at TRU:

post-3701-0-77043500-1310609086_thumb.jp

Can't imagine why someone would steal that Wolvie (they could have had mine!)

Dios me valga! The brown Wolverine (who I think is superior) is RIGHT THERE! If they're going to steal any of them it should have been that one.

I hate people.

At least he didn't slip a different minimate in so the TRU folks would insist on trying to sell it.

Hate those people worse.

I went to TRU for the first time in a couple of months today, and man. . .Minimates were falling off the pegs. This wave, the Universal Monsters, the Playstation ones, new Ghostbusters, and some older Marvel waves, as well. Made me a bit depressed. I guess they aren't selling very well :(

Perhaps there are too many Minimates being produced & the market is saturated ?

-rhetoricalheadsmate.

My credentials as a Minimate fanatic ought never be questioned but that doesn't stop me from seeing the broader picture & that picture has been pretty clear for some while.

BTW K80 get your sorry ass back down to that TRU & clear the shelves of those RGBs. :thumbsup:

-RobertGeorgeBeavismate

• 1 month later...
<br />Saw this tonight at TRU:<br />post-3701-0-77043500-1310609086_thumb.jp<br /><br />Can't imagine why someone would steal that Wolvie (they could have had mine!)<br />
<br /><br /><br /> the guy did an amazing job on looking like he didn't steal it :/,seriously couldn't he have just taken the tray out and grab the wolverine and put the tray In so it's not obvious? Edited by darkredshdow

A quick fix for Omega Red which is too tall and Nemesis which is a bit short.

Remove Omega Red's hip riser and put it in Nemesis. The color blends perfectly. :)

yeah good one, i did that already you can check it out in the "modifying marvel minimates" or my customs thread :thumbsup: , it leaves omega a bit too short so i made a small riser for him, also a quick yellow/gold paint job to the red riser and its virtually invisible on Holocaust.