UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toy R US Wave 10 revealed

lastweaponmaster

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nate Grey, Dark Beast & Sugar Man have all made appearances in comics this month (not that i hold out much/any hope of seeing a SugarMan minimate)

make a custom using this as a base

zilius.jpg

that is actually a damn fine idea 'Todd.

I've never tried my hand at customising SHS-style figures, but i wouldn't mind having a SugarMan with me SHS collection - so i might end up trying to make 2 :)

On a side note, if AA/DST DID hake a large head cylinder for MODOK in MVC3, maybe we could see a SugarMan down the line (still. . . not holding my breath for it)

EDIT: Sorry for the de-railing of the thread. Back on topic - i can't wait for wave 10 to show up (i should be seeing it here in a couple of weeks).

Can anyone tell me if Omega Red has a hole in his head? I'd like to see an AoA custom of him, but i'm pretty sure he was bald in that series.

Edited by Nessex

omega red does indeed have a hole in the top of his head. I just landed that 2 pack last night along with a Dum Dum Dugan and I have to say the paint tampo on Omegas face is one of my all time favorites. Crisp clean and full of detail.

So TRU employees here... what does "on the floor" mean in your system?

My local TRU says they have 12 Marvel Wave 10 on the floor but after looking up and down in the action figure/educational toys isles they did not, a gentlemen on the floor even checked the back and did not find them and told me to try again on Tuesday.

So does the system register product thats in coming as "on the floor" if they expect it soon? (like as a 'these will be stocked when we get them do not store in back' flaf) or did someone miss enter something and now I'm screwed until they do inventory and find out they do not in fact have 12 on the floor?

when i worked there it meant that they were "picked" from the back on their system. They do this when (or are supposed to at least) when something is opened to find stock for someone or when they are on the carts ready for the night crew to put on the floor. SO on the floor can mean it is either there, waiting to be put there, the box was opened already and is sitting in the back somewhere, or maybe someone stole them all.

I love my Nemesis but the rest of the wave is bland. I think I am just getting them out of habit and not character desire like when I started.

My local TRU says they have 12 Marvel Wave 10 on the floor but after looking up and down in the action figure/educational toys isles they did not, a gentlemen on the floor even checked the back and did not find them and told me to try again on Tuesday.

So does the system register product thats in coming as "on the floor" if they expect it soon? (like as a 'these will be stocked when we get them do not store in back' flaf) or did someone miss enter something and now I'm screwed until they do inventory and find out they do not in fact have 12 on the floor?

Here's how it works:

When a truck comes in, there is a manifest listing what is MEANT to be on that truck. Once the truck has arrived and is unloaded, the manifest is usually accepted into the system, meaning whatever it SAID was on the truck is now listed in the system, "on the floor" regardless of where it physically is in the store.

There are two kinds of trucks - early morning and live unload. A "live unload" means the truck shows up in the middle of the day and is physically unloaded as soon as possible. HOWEVER... merchandise from that truck may not be unloaded until the next morning depending on staffing. However, the manifest will usually be accepted at the time of the unload.

WHENEVER the truck crew is scheduled, it is their job to work out any of the merchandise that is "needed." This leads to the problem of pegwarmers. If the shelves are crowded with the last wave of a particular product, when the truck crew gets a box of the new wave, they may not realize the difference and may not bother to put out the new merchandise. Any merchandise that won't "fit" out on the shelves is sent to the "back of house" to be scanned into "bays." It is not until items are scanned into bays that they cease to show as "on the floor."

THEREFORE... a truck that comes in as a live unload on a Friday afternoon that has a new wave of Minimates will show up in the store's inventory that same afternoon usually as "on the floor." HOWEVER, if the pegs were already full with pegwarmers from previous waves, that new product won't be scanned away into the back until the next morning or afternoon, most likely. At that point, asking for the new SKU will get the employees a bay number that will allow them to track down the exact location of the items.

The two glitches in this system are that some people (customers and employees alike) hide product in the backroom, under the baseboards, or in the valances. This still shows as "on the floor" though no one could ever locate it. Similarly, if an item is stolen, it will continue to show as "on the floor." There's also the possibility that an employee could have put the item on hold for a customer or themselves, in which case the item would still register as being "on the floor."

At MY store, between myself and one of the other supervisors, we're VERY cognizant of different waves/assortments/etc. If either of us is working when a truck comes in, we do our best to insure the new product makes it to the floor, even if the truck crew isn't in yet or doesn't recognize the value of these new figures. I can't guarantee it's like that everywhere. It's a weird double edged sword. Having a collector that works at your store means the new product is going to get top shelf attention because we can appreciate what it means to sales and customer satisfaction, but at the same time, you can bet we'll be the first ones to snatch up what we're looking for. Our pay sucks and our discount is paltry; first dibs is the closest thing we get to a "perk."

AND... before anyone asks... I'd love to help, but we get so little selection that by the time I'm done 1) getting my own stuff, 2) looking for stuff for my friends, and 3) helping our regular customers, there's rarely anything of value left over. I hope, however, that my explanation of our process has helped everyone understand the situation a little better. Yes, sometimes it's actually better to come in the next day - you'll be more likely to find the thing you're looking for. That said, the BEST policy is to befriend an employee. This doesn't mean USE an employee. Actually chat with and be nice to someone at your store who seems to have half a brain. More likely than not, they'll be happy to help you out whenever they can.

Oh, one more flaw in the system. Truck manifests are not always correct and there's no system in place to check every single item that comes off of the truck. Therefore, if our next manifest says we're getting ten cases of wave ten, as of that manifest being accepted, our inventory will say we have ten cases of wave ten. Eventually, someone will go looking for one of these packs, see that we have none, and after a good bit of research, will be FAIRLY sure we have a discrepancy. At that point, corrections will be made. Mind you... it's not until WE are aware the figures aren't where they should be that this process can begin.

If someone tells you an item is "on the floor" and you don't see it there, ask for a manager or supervisor. They'll either be able to let you know that 1) the truck just got unloaded and it hasn't been processed yet or 2) the product SHOULD be there. If it's two, and the product isn't there, that's the first step in that store getting their counts fixed. And they aren't likely to get any more of that product until that count is fixed, so... you're helping them out and yourself if you give them this feedback. Again, however... here's where it's handy to know someone at the store who will actually care. The more interested I am in the product in question, the deeper I'll likely dig to figure out what's wrong.

Edited by Mnemosis

Here's how it works:

When a truck comes in, there is a manifest listing what is MEANT to be on that truck. Once the truck has arrived and is unloaded, the manifest is usually accepted into the system, meaning whatever it SAID was on the truck is now listed in the system, "on the floor" regardless of where it physically is in the store.

There are two kinds of trucks - early morning and live unload. A "live unload" means the truck shows up in the middle of the day and is physically unloaded as soon as possible. HOWEVER... merchandise from that truck may not be unloaded until the next morning depending on staffing. However, the manifest will usually be accepted at the time of the unload.

WHENEVER the truck crew is scheduled, it is their job to work out any of the merchandise that is "needed." This leads to the problem of pegwarmers. If the shelves are crowded with the last wave of a particular product, when the truck crew gets a box of the new wave, they may not realize the difference and may not bother to put out the new merchandise. Any merchandise that won't "fit" out on the shelves is sent to the "back of house" to be scanned into "bays." It is not until items are scanned into bays that they cease to show as "on the floor."

THEREFORE... a truck that comes in as a live unload on a Friday afternoon that has a new wave of Minimates will show up in the store's inventory that same afternoon usually as "on the floor." HOWEVER, if the pegs were already full with pegwarmers from previous waves, that new product won't be scanned away into the back until the next morning or afternoon, most likely. At that point, asking for the new SKU will get the employees a bay number that will allow them to track down the exact location of the items.

The two glitches in this system are that some people (customers and employees alike) hide product in the backroom, under the baseboards, or in the valances. This still shows as "on the floor" though no one could ever locate it. Similarly, if an item is stolen, it will continue to show as "on the floor." There's also the possibility that an employee could have put the item on hold for a customer or themselves, in which case the item would still register as being "on the floor."

At MY store, between myself and one of the other supervisors, we're VERY cognizant of different waves/assortments/etc. If either of us is working when a truck comes in, we do our best to insure the new product makes it to the floor, even if the truck crew isn't in yet or doesn't recognize the value of these new figures. I can't guarantee it's like that everywhere. It's a weird double edged sword. Having a collector that works at your store means the new product is going to get top shelf attention because we can appreciate what it means to sales and customer satisfaction, but at the same time, you can bet we'll be the first ones to snatch up what we're looking for. Our pay sucks and our discount is paltry; first dibs is the closest thing we get to a "perk."

AND... before anyone asks... I'd love to help, but we get so little selection that by the time I'm done 1) getting my own stuff, 2) looking for stuff for my friends, and 3) helping our regular customers, there's rarely anything of value left over. I hope, however, that my explanation of our process has helped everyone understand the situation a little better. Yes, sometimes it's actually better to come in the next day - you'll be more likely to find the thing you're looking for. That said, the BEST policy is to befriend an employee. This doesn't mean USE an employee. Actually chat with and be nice to someone at your store who seems to have half a brain. More likely than not, they'll be happy to help you out whenever they can.

Oh, one more flaw in the system. Truck manifests are not always correct and there's no system in place to check every single item that comes off of the truck. Therefore, if our next manifest says we're getting ten cases of wave ten, as of that manifest being accepted, our inventory will say we have ten cases of wave ten. Eventually, someone will go looking for one of these packs, see that we have none, and after a good bit of research, will be FAIRLY sure we have a discrepancy. At that point, corrections will be made. Mind you... it's not until WE are aware the figures aren't where they should be that this process can begin.

If someone tells you an item is "on the floor" and you don't see it there, ask for a manager or supervisor. They'll either be able to let you know that 1) the truck just got unloaded and it hasn't been processed yet or 2) the product SHOULD be there. If it's two, and the product isn't there, that's the first step in that store getting their counts fixed. And they aren't likely to get any more of that product until that count is fixed, so... you're helping them out and yourself if you give them this feedback. Again, however... here's where it's handy to know someone at the store who will actually care. The more interested I am in the product in question, the deeper I'll likely dig to figure out what's wrong.

Thanks for the low down. It is very understandable that you get the perk of getting things first. I appreciate you taking the time to carefully describe how TRU's truck to floor stocking works.

Thanks for the input on how the system works!

I went back today since I know they do the major restocks on Tuesday, Thursday, and if they have anything left over from those days Sunday and low and behold! Wave 10, Cap, and Halo!!!

I like Nemesis a lot less then I thought I would, but Sabretooth and Omega Red are the bees knees so that makes up for that! (Omega Red and the upcoming Sinister complete 2 of my top 5 'must haves' for this line, now they just need a 'straight hair modern green cloak Rogue', 'black clothes Mystique', and 'bulky Colossus' and I'll just be buying minimates because I like them not because I *NEED* that character)

I completely understand a TRU employee cherry-picking stuff he wants. If I worked a crap job like that, I would have no qualms about doing the same.

And now for something completely different. . .

As we all know, BD Wolvie from this wave sucks, and is a pretty useless retread in different colored pants. However, there is a pretty easy mod. you can make that may make him stick out a bit from the 4-pack version:

SDC13024-1.jpg

I dig this look, and will probably put him in my display somewhere.

I cut the middle out of Omega Reds bulky chest piece.Then replaced the red underlying body with Mephistos.I also took off his torso extender.I think he looks a lot better, but he could use some more detail on his chest.

post-2890-0-88270300-1306256574_thumb.jp

Wave 10 showed up at my TRU today of course just days after I received the wave in the mail from TRU.com :verymad: So wave 9 got skipped completely at my store, which is why I ordered wave 10 online. Now it is there along with 10-12 of wave 8 still and a few IM 2 packs on clearane for 2$.

I found a sole AOA Nemesis & Morph today right in front of the Cap minimates. No sign of the rest of wave 10 in the usual spots so I found it odd that the hottest one from the set was out in front. I picked it up (as well as the clearanced BTTF Delorian) so I can use Nemesis' armor as a Sinestro construct.

Here's the story of my yesterday. It was a rather fruitful minimate day, so I thought I'd share...

I'll be using actual city names since I know a few members live in my area, and will be able to follow. Everyone who doesn't ignore it, lol...

Went to my local Toys R Us (Melrose Park, IL) and found most of a case of Wave 10 and less of a case of Captain America mates. Cap mates only had commons, all exclusives were gone. They were also sold out of Blink & Sabretooth, but bizarrely still had one Morph & Holocaust. And plenty of the other sets. So I decided to buy the Holocaust & Omega Red sets (quite naturally). It was about this time I realized I'd forgotten my wallet at home and said, "DOH!" >_< So I hid Morph and Holocaust behind some Zhu Zhu pets and headed back home, lol...

Rather than go straight back to the store, since I figured Morph & Holocaust would keep in their hiding place for a few hours, I headed to the Schaumburg, IL TRU to check them out. They had Cap and Wave 10 mates here as well, but were far more sold out than Melrose Park. They didn't even have any Omega Red sets left, let alone the other exclusives. Just the Iron Fist set and old stuff.

At this point, since I was already in Schaumburg, I headed over to Dreamland comics just on the off chance I might get lucky and find something I needed. And HOLY CRAP! It worked! Happy day, They had a Selvig, a Laufey, and a Jane Foster variant from the Thor wave, all of which I still needed, so I bought them all! I was thrilled to find the three shortpacks I didn't have. Also bought Frost Giant 2 and the Agent Coulson set, figuring I could pickup the Thor & Loki sets from Toys R Us cheaper later... since I still see them everywhere...

Little did I know how soon later would come...

I then headed to the Golf Mill TRU, again, just to scope things out. They had 1 Iron Fist & Spider-Man 2-Pack and a bunch of old crap, so they obviously had Wave 10, but were picked even cleaner than the previous 2 stores. No sign of any Cap mates. Interesting thing about this store though, all their Marvel Mates were labeled on the rack as "Marvel Minimates 2-Packs. Clearance: $4.98" Three whole rows of them, which included that Iron Fist set, Several Thor sets & some older stuff like the fantastic four wave and other junk. No exclusives. All common stuff. HOWEVER... ALL of them still scanned for $7+ ...So I asked myself, "Well wtf? Which ones are the clearance ones?" because none of them rang up cheap. Now I assume that the $4.98 ones were supposed to be some much older wave they'd sold out of... and everything on the rack wasn't actually included in that price... but since it was their own dumb fault for labeling them as such, I took a Thor vs Destroyer set and an Odin vs Loki set over to the service desk and said, "Hi, there are three racks of these labeled $4.98, but they scan for around $7.50 sooo... what's the deal?" The girl had a guy do a price check. I showed him the rack. He radioed her and said, "The sticker says $4.98" So she rang them up for me at $4.98 each, and my set of Movie Thor mates is now complete for cheaper than I thought it would be. The discount actually offset the slightly inflated "comic book store" prices I'd just paid at Dreamland! lol... :D

I then drove all the way BACK to my hometown of Melrose Park, went back to my TRU, dug out my Morph & Holocaust, bought them & Omega Red, and headed home... 15 minimates richer. 1 variant, 2 Shortpacked single figs, a TRU exclusive, and 2 $5 clearance packs amongst them. Good day!

So like I said, even though I didn't find Blink & Sabretooth, or the Cap exclusives... still a fruitful day for minimating all around.

PS. And advice to anyone who lives nearby: Head to the Golf Mill Toys R Us before they fix those clearance stickers. The mates still scan at full price, but like I said, that's not what they're labeled on the rack, and it takes only a brief trip to the service desk to get a price adjustment. They have the common mates from the Thor movie wave, The Fantastic four wave, and misc sets from a couple other waves. And who knows, they might get restocks of the Cap mates or Wave 10 any day now you could pickup on the cheap.

Edited by Gillbob316